• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YellowCometFD3S said:
Oh yeah and there is a more powerful being named Solaris...dude can break the fabric of reality, exist in Past,Present,Future,distort reality.
Who is way weaker (To the point of being effortlessly one-shot) compared to Super Dimentio. At least try to look at the profiles.

Who is way weaker (To the point of being effortlessly one-shot) compared to Super Dimentio. At least try to look at the profiles.

Those profiles are not officially true... AND SHOW ME ONE PROOF THAT SUPER DIMENTIO CAN EXIST IN ALL TIMELINES PROVE IT RIGHT NOW

YellowCometFD3S said:
Those profiles are not officially true... AND SHOW ME ONE PROOF THAT SUPER DIMENTIO CAN EXIST IN ALL TIMELINES PROVE IT RIGHT NOW
i think a debating karen is in here

If he has issues, then he needs to make a thread for it. But it's so redundant at this point. It's blatant that The Void would have destroyed all worldd, it's been stated so many times in the game.

On a more serious note, going by the profiles themselves (And not what Death Battle used), Sonic may be >infinitely faster at his best, but Mario is >infinitely stronger at his best. I can see an argument being made for both.

Cropfist said:
One of the few death battle episode I actively refuse to watch. Nonsensical garbage made to appease rabid Mario fans.
I know i'm going against the circlejerk on this, but that doesn't make any sense. Why would they create a Death Battle to appease Mario fans, but not do the same for Goku fans who are 1000000x more rabid and mean spirited to the DB creators, whose subculture of toxicity created entire Youtube channels were butthurt DB fans and Superman fans try to debunk every frame of their fights, and they still made a second battle to piss them off anyway because they don't give a shit... but nah, MARIO fans are the ones that need to be appeased. Despite that first battle being pretty liked at the time and nobody really having much of a fuss about it (i saw WAY more fuss about this fight than the previous one) AND the fact they had a subsequent battle that outright admitted Archie Sonic would kick any version of Mario's ass AND the fact that Ben (aka Wiz) is a big fan of Sonic.... but nah, it's cause they're butthurt Mario fans.

Also man, how can you say it's Nonsensical garbage if you haven't even watched it? The fight itself is really well animated and pretty funny, and there breakdown is flawed, but ultimately harmless. I know this site is "Death Battle BAD and stupid" because they'd made mistakes sure, but outright refusing to watch it because they made a fictional blue hedgehog lose to a fictional plumber is pretty petty.

Because controversy gains views, making Goku win wouldn't make that many views, but the controversy behind the fight makes people talk, just look at all the videos, threads, etc made for It, making It one of the most watched videos of theirs, most of the controversial videos are the most watched

Plus the battle was not funny, at all, both characters were direspected in the animation

It's completely fine to not support what he doesn't like, he has no obligation to give views and money to something he doesn't like

If it's for bad reasoning, yeah. Judging something for something it's not is bad. Rabid Mario fans is absurdly false, especially given that they were more riled up when Luigi lost than Mario and DK still beat Knux to satiate. And yet no remake for the much more divided "Yang vs Tifa" "Link vs Cloud" "Toph vs Gaara" "Kirby vs Buu" and of course "Goku vs Superman". He's blaming it on the rabid Mario fanbase even though it's common knowledge that Mario isn't the one of the two fanbases who has a reputation for being like that on the Internet.

Of course, that's nothing to you specifically, User. You my boi.

Tbh I would've just preferred better animation in the sense that I feel neither we're depicted with their fighting styles depicted in their games. The battle would've been fine by me if they did that, but eh.

Again i really doubt they wanted to "stir up some controversy" with something like Mario vs Sonic of all things. They've gotten DB's that rile up people way more than Sonic ever did, and honestly, Sonic fans didn't take it as harshly as other fanbases have taken battles before (coughtBen10cough) It seems pretty cynical to assume they just did it because "gotta piss of those Sonic fans" when if they really wanted controversy, they could've just done Goku vs Superman 3 with all Goku's new abilities and that would have guaranteed like twice as many views and mentions. Ben 10 vs Green Lantern got WAAAAAYYYY more controversy and has about the same views and it came out half a year later.

"It disrespect both characters"... i gotta ask, how? It was a goofy romp at worst, i don't see how it's disrespectful. Also, Mario ripping off his skin to show his overalls is hilarious, i don't care what you say. Plus the part where he laughs after killing Sonic is dark, but its still pretty humorous. I guess they both fight more silly than serious, and i would've prefered more SMBZ type sprite fights, but outside of that it's probably their best animated fight ever and they clearly put a lot of care into it. Personal taste and all that.

It's "fine" to not support what you dislike, but why talk about something if you haven't even given it a chance or at least seen the whole thing? I don't like the direction they've taken Sonic in recent years, but i'm not gonna automatically call the next Sonic game "nonsenical nonsense" without actually playing it first? You can't just go "Death Battle BAD because BAD MEN made Hedgehog die" and not at least see their reasoning.

Who knows why they made it and why care? DB gets far too much negative attention and people take it too seriously. Just keeping an open mind on death battles and not complaining about everything is the right option.

Zamasu Chan said:
Who knows why they made it and why care? DB gets far too much negative attention and people take it too seriously. Just keeping an open mind on death battles and not complaining about everything is the right option.
I agree with both you, and Jared on this issue.

The real cal howard said:
If it's for bad reasoning, yeah. Judging something for something it's not is bad. Rabid Mario fans is absurdly false, especially given that they were more riled up when Luigi lost than Mario and DK still beat Knux to satiate. And yet no remake for the much more divided "Yang vs Tifa" "Link vs Cloud" "Toph vs Gaara" "Kirby vs Buu" and of course "Goku vs Superman". He's blaming it on the rabid Mario fanbase even though it's common knowledge that Mario isn't the one of the two fanbases who has a reputation for being like that on the Internet.
Of course, that's nothing to you specifically, User. You my boi.
I thought i was your boi....

I agree, it's perfectly fine to dislike them, to debate agains them, to even think they're full of themselves. But people take the opinions of a bunch of dudes who even admit they just do this shit because it A.) makes them money and B.) because it's fun for them, WAY to seriously.

I disagree with almost every Death Battle and totally understand that they get a lot of shit wrong, and DESPISE the fact that they helped make Goku vs Superman even more toxic than it already was (for years you couldn't go to any video showing off how strong either character was before Goku/Supermans go "well muh Goku" or "muh Supermans") but i really enjoy their animations and i think they have a great grasp of how to present a fight in an entertaining way. I'm not arguing against disagreeing with them however, just don't like jumping on a bandwagon when you haven't even given them a chance, or going into something WANTING to hate it.

They did make goku vs superman to appease the DBZ fanbase? when they complained about no SSG+? and it still went down as one of the most unnecesary episodes in the series? Meanwhile sonic fans said nothing after knux vs DK

If you think there was no fuss from mario fanbase you have not been where I have been, do you know how many fans shot out their fanfiction rematches in-all-but-name just to make mario win with wanked stats? ("uh no it's not mario vs sonic rematch it's mario vs sonic and omochao and mario stomped since he's high complex outversal+ because this one item in a wario game said string theory and-")

I don't need to watch it when the first posts of this very thread are tearing it asunder.

I don't. Never saw Mario backlash. I've seen Luigi backlash, but not Mario backlash. And you can use that argument anywhere. You know how many times I've seen Sonic cucking Mario by screwing Peach? Pretty sure that's worse than a fight. On the other hand, every fight the Sonic fanbase lost, I've seen a ton of backlash. Shadow should've destroyed both Mewtwo and Vegeta. DK should've been creamed by Knuckles. Zero gets blitzed by Metal Sonic, let alone Metal Overlord. All are very popular. Yet I've seen people complain less about Bowser vs Ganon than any of those, and Bowser should've won.

Some of those posts make little to no sense and most seem to be huge overreactions. "They didn't use even a fraction of their arsenals": It was a hand-drawn animation, which takes a long time to produce and is very expensive. They could only reasonably afford a 3 minute long animation with their budget, and they didn't want any of the items to feel forced into the fight. If they used a lot of things in their arsenal, they would have only been able to do one thing per item and only use it for a single second.

"They didn't represent the characters correctly, like their fighting styles": Considering the fact the animation has no bearing on anything, and the characters are bound to not be properly represented considering most would not even consider fighting people to the death, this sounds like a very nit picky thing to say.

"They ruined their 100th episode": Clearly an overreaction and I don't really need to explain why.

I mean, come on. We rip into Death Battle and other sites for them disagreeing with what we say, and yet we get pissed off that anyone else dares have different opinions?

You're also clearly over exaggerating about "Mario fans". Also, I've seen plenty of people complaining about DK VS Knux.

I was going to make a big comment explaining why I disagreed but fandom deleted my post and I don't feel like redoing it

I still EXTREMELY disagree with the battle being respectful or funny, or even good animation because it's copying the Mania Adventures artstyle

Also a very small minority complains about Shadow vs Vegeta, most normies think Vegeta stomps in base

Unoriginal Memes said:
I mean, come on. We rip into Death Battle and other sites for them disagreeing with what we say, and yet we get pissed off that anyone else dares have different opinions?
You say this as you join in on the fight against my personal opinion of the MvS rematch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back