• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics (nigh-omnipresence Hela)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that she is a physical death goddess, and as such just a servant of death itself according to later Marvel Comics lore, but these are very old Thor comics books, so they seem to have been ignored and turned outdated afterwards.

Well, her influence is limited to her believers on Earth and in the local Norse realms tied to Yggdrasil. She is a local deity, not one that encompasses and entire universe or multiverse, which I think would be required for nigh-omnipresence.

Would she be nigh-omnipresent on Earth and in the local parts (not entire universes) of the 9 worlds only then? Anything more than that was never established as far as I am aware.

I don't think it's Nigh-Omnipresence, she's not "people dying", she is or an aspect of her is around when that happens, that's present there but she herself isn't the moment itself or the person dying. It's an odd power but not Nigh-Omnipresence.
Yeah, this seems more like a quirk regarding her domain rather than always nigh-omnipresence.

i agree tbh it doesn’t seem like nigh-omnipresence, but my logic for this, was the reasoning listed behind Death of the Endless from DC having Nigh-omnipresence:
Nigh-Omnipresent (She is present wherever there is life and death…
(No scan on the page but I believe it’s referencing this from Sandman issue 20)

and it just seemed similar to what was mentioned here, but yea would that be inaccurate as well ?

I would say it's an old profile and maybe people didn't know any better, "it sounds like something someone with Nigh-Omnipresence would have" can do the trick for many, same with many other abilities.

Or maybe there is further evidence in another issue of Sandman, idk. If it's like in the show she shouldn't have it.

I don't think it's Nigh-Omnipresence, she's not "people dying", she is or an aspect of her is around when that happens, that's present there but she herself isn't the moment itself or the person dying. It's an odd power but not Nigh-Omnipresence.
Yeah, this seems more like a quirk regarding her domain rather than always nigh-omnipresence.
So should we do anything here, or is it better to just close this thread?

P&A: "Unexplored powers related to being a Death goddess (See note below)"

"Note: In her first appearance, it's established that either Hela or an aspect of Hela comes to the people dying (at least on Earth) to "cause them" their deaths (while it simultaneously comes naturally to them) and carry away their souls. Hela may do this to either everyone as they die or some of them as she chooses, and she is physically present in one place as this happens elsewhere, somehow. She can even be defeated while people still die, potentially meaning that she can still do this function when defeated.

This mechanics & powers may or may not have been dropped & retconned over the years (or downgraded to an unknown degree). Similar to this unexplored powers, Hela has claimed to know the exact date & time of Annaihilus' one true final death, as well as who kills him and how; this could be because an aspect of Hela will be there to carry his soul, if so making it a reference to those powers, or it simply could be coincidence, with this simply being its own, unrelated powers. Either way, Hela is immensely inconsistent and doesn't even use this knowledge of when characters are going to die to her advantage more often than not, attacking others with a killing intent & getting herself defeated when she should be fully aware of the time & specifics of her enemies' deaths."

That seems fine to me. Thank you for helping out.

Also, I sent you a PM message earlier that you need to respond to.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back