• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse disc. thread: New Forum Edition

Plenty of "waifu" but had like low amount of fanarts and general popularity-wise (which Taimanin win for despite being small fandom, then again as i said above, its a rad hentai series)

I know its does well in Japan, still a pretty small fandom there unlike Nasu or Touhou for example

Dunno why Masada didn't tried more harder to promote it to the overseas, now with the anime being failure and Pantheon was no more, the exposure chance will be so thin as heck

There are plenty of "waifus" already, what are you guys talking about.
We are saying look at how much people welcome and focus on female characters. See how many writers use female characters to sell more of their work and its really working. Its kinda new trend. Dies Irae has many female characters but franchise isn't as much focused on them as Nasuverse, Honkai Impact, Genshin Impact, Azur Lane, Touhou, Arknights and... or see how much people talk about new female characters like Makima from Chainsaw Man or this new resident evil tall woman. Basically adding more waifu type characters to Masadaverse can gather more fans (even as they are fake fans imo)

Although i'm not like them at all. I Prefer every single one of characters such as Reinhard, Mercurius, Muzan, Satanel, Hajun, Methuselah and... over whole their waifus combined. I only want Masadaverse to be more popular. So maybe we can get more novels and translations.

And honestly, I don't see how you can adapt a multi-timeline massive VN and make it good, Umineko anyone?
Fate? although idk if Fate is as much dependant on dialogues as Dies Irae and it was adapted by best anime studio possible. Not any studio can turn visual novels into good animes i guess

Glad it's back. I was wondering where the heck did the Masada discussion thread go.
I'd be down for seeing a Ufotable Umineko adaptation, as I'm reading through it. It's got a lot of potential for crazy visuals and gestures.
Ufotable is good, I have been digging Mappo's animation style too lately.
Imagine if Studio Deen makes it again?

Although i'm not like them at all. I Prefer every single one of characters such as Reinhard, Mercurius, Muzan, Satanel, Hajun, Methuselah and... over whole their waifus combined. I only want Masadaverse to be more popular. So maybe we can get more novels and translations.
Dies Irae Pantheon when? Such a shame how Light's parent company went out of business.

Last edited:
We are saying look at how much people welcome and focus on female characters. See how many writers use female characters to sell more of their work and its really working. Its kinda new trend. Dies Irae has many female characters but franchise isn't as much focused on them as Nasuverse, Honkai Impact, Genshin Impact, Azur Lane, Touhou, Arknights and... or see how much people talk about new female characters like Makima from Chainsaw Man or this new resident evil tall woman. Basically adding more waifu type characters to Masadaverse can gather more fans (even as they are fake fans imo)

Fate? although idk if Fate is as much dependant on dialogues as Dies Irae and it was adapted by best anime studio possible. Not any studio can turn visual novels into good animes i guess
Well, from my side, I was joking. I can honestly agree with you about taking Masadaverse's characters any time over, let say Nasu's waifus.

The way I see it, it would be hard to nearly impossible to make a good adaptation of DI due to the type of the narration. Masada's works are reliant on them, while Fate's are more isolated.

What's so different and unusual about Masada's narration?

Coming from someone who hasn't read it yet.

It is very difficult to capture the context behind the character's ideas. Reinhard's "love everything" would require at least two or three papers of monologues to satisfy His fans. Non-Shinza people may find it absurd and quite difficult to understand without reading into the visual novel.

I have a question about something which always confused me. Why Mercurius sealed Reinhard and his castle by Swastikas?

They were simply waiting for birth of their worthy opponent Ren Fujii?

or Sacrificing new souls for each swastike, making Reinhard stronger and closer to godhood?

It is very difficult to capture the context behind the character's ideas. Reinhard's "love everything" would require at least two or three papers of monologues to satisfy His fans. Non-Shinza people may find it absurd and quite difficult to understand without reading into the visual novel.
It is not only that. Masada verse (though I am excluding Avesta from this since I haven't read it, so I can't discuss it) heavily relies on this type of the presentation of ideas. Take that away, and it loses most of its flashiness. It is extremely hard to adapt it into an anime. Take Ren's time stop as an example. Meanwhile, Fate for example is more direct, most of it can be adapted through visuals, while most of the important ideas happens through dialogues.

I can easily picture Ren's time stop (frozen frame on everything but Ren, not the freaking iceberg like in that atrocity of an anime) and how his super-speed can be represented.

We just need a good one, really, a budget with good direction to handle its complexity. The flashiness of Shinza abilities can be represented in a variety of impressive ways, even "cosmic panzers opening fire on a grand cross made out of celestial bodies". Imagination finds a way.

Just no giant skeleton for everyone this time, please.

A lot Masada's writing is based on the descriptions between the thoughts and words of the characters, taking that out in a more physical media like an anime is just bound to be inferior.

Obviously, there could be better attempts at it than the one we got, lmao, but I don't think we could ever get anything of high quality.

Found the old thread that makes fun of the anime, I'm just dropping it here for folks to save it for a good lol in the future: https://vsbattles.com/threads/masadaverse-discussion-thread-13.22633/page-2

latest

I think it is resistance.

Another viable explanation would be: His old, original legs probably got blown out way before, possibly due to his Briah's true nature. His "new" regenerated legs with new "history" are actually what were erased by Machina.

Tried doing a profile for Kouha. If anyone has things they can add, please go ahead. I think it needs quite some work.

I'm pretty sure the replicas can also be weaker than the originals. So we have no idea if the Gods would be High 1-A as summons, likely not. Pretty sure we also don't know enough about her to create a profile because of the obvious fact she only appears briefly in a prologue for an unreleased game and does not fight or even talk about her powers there, with the only source for everything we know about her being WoG.

Iirc she can create everyone but some she couldn’t properly remake such as Hajun.

Tho im not an expert nor claim to be.

Last edited:
Then why's he in Pantheon? Last I checked, Hajun murderstomped him before the events of 3K.
And what of it? Every other past gods are also dead at that point and they're all brought back nonetheless.
I think kouha couldn't recreate Reinhard. Anyone has japanese statement or clip for that?
Kouha has nothing to do with why the gods are there. It's something that the Naraka did.

I agree. The Dies Irae characters should get massive revisions. They should not be in the High 1-A tier. I would say downgrade them to High 1-C or 1-B.

Who exactly are you argeeing with? I dont see anyone here saying anything like that.

Also Shinza goes to 1-A at minimum if we where to downgrade.

What?! Dies Irae has some of the best reasoning for 1-A and high 1-A. Really nothing can disprove their tiering.

Back