• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion Thread 23

I think it would be wise to ask more staff on their opinions.

Alright that makes sense.

I know you and Monarch have looked at it, who else should I contact?

And actually, wouldn't the LLT Immorality Negation work on all types of Immortality?

1, 3, 8 from Meth

2, 4, 5, 6, 7 because of 1-A conceptual EE

9, 10 for being able to kill Merc and Marie?

I still DK if Methuselah is really reliant on darkness existing or not considering we changed his abstract existence from type 2 to 1, and iirc having abstract existence 1 means you aren't reliant ish on it to exist and come back from...I might have to ask that in a Q&A thread to make sure tho.

The last one should work cuz of what it's actually intended for (i.e Killing Merc). Marie's a weird one cuz I think she was stabbed and then dragged into Glads the first time she and Ren (well mainly Ren) met Reinhard for the first time (Shrugs).

Well Meth is darkness, so unless you destroy all of darkness (or his mystery), he'll just come back - so I think it still counts.

Thinking about it, is it possible to just give him both AE 1 and 2? Cuz he's darkness itself and if he can come back as long as all of it still exists then I don't have to complain about it.

To me, he either gets 1 and don't get regen anymore, 2, or just have both.

I am 99% sure that you can't have more than 1 type of AE.

And he is definitely Type 1 AE.

Although, I thought Type 1 also had the Regenerationn thing that Type 2 had, the only difference being that unlike with Type 2 AE, you have to affect the abstraction itself.

See that's the thing I don't get then.

M (Shikkoku no Sharnoth), for example, use to have Regenerationn for being an abstract being in a way just like Methuselah is here. Then he had some revision and he ended up losing his regen.

Methuselah should not get regen if he's a Type 1 abstract and I'm honestly getting really pissed at how he has this as a Type 1.

Because he became Type 1, and also because he wasn't stated to be reliant on it.

Seriouisly I read the Abstract Existence page several times and the difference between the two is Type 2 gives you the immortality and Regenerationn. Type 1 just means you're a pure abstraction.

If you can show me a char whose like Methuselah then I'll concede. It's just stupid to give someone whose a pure abstraction to have Regenerationn when that's not how I remember Type 1 being.

This is just one thing I'm trying to also get clear on cuz IDK if a Type 1 can even get Regenerationn.

Type 2 is obvious but IDK about Type 1's. Again if there's a character like Methuselah whose type 1 but has regen and/or even immortality like his then I won't bring up the issue about this anymore.

You know what, don't even bother. I don't even care and I'll just figure this out on my own and unsubscribe from here. Gives me too much of a problem to deal with anyways like it has in the previous talk threads.

I said I thought, dude - I could easily be wrong.

You want to take off Meth's Type 8, that's fine with me.

Eganergo said:
According to Shinza fandom; in Phanteon prologue Naraka is shown to inhabit the innermost layer of the Throne alongside 5 other unknown entities. None of the Gods, with the exception of Hajun (who uses his Heavenly Eye), can perceive it.

So Hajun was most likely refering to them.

Don't quote me as i'm not sure about the legitimacy of this statement.
I know that it is referring to the 5 unknown entities. I was asking regarding about the human part. I should've made that clear.

Paul Frank said:
Yeah the fear of the darkness being put in your mind is too much so you either die, kill yourself or go insane. The scans also support it being mindhax----
"His breath, gaze and even words bore arcane powers that upset modern common sense."

"The abyss would be so hard to bear that it would shatter their mortal minds. Ludvig's downright divine pressure made half the world focused around Europe turn to abject panic."

"Those engulfed by the darkness would see nightmares that would plague them and their children for years to come."

These all seem to imply that its not just him being as scary as the nights but that he is putting the fear of the nights into the minds of the people through his presence
It mentions prior to those statements that walking through one night is scary, and seeing as Meth is a billion trillion nights all at once, being in his darkness is scary x a billion trillion, and that is what crushes your mind from the fear.

It doesn't state that he forces the fear into your mind anywhere, it's simply that he is really scary, and because he is so scary people's minds break from the fear they are feeling. "Engulfed by the darkness" is quite literal, if you are inside his darkness, his nights, then you are feeling the fear of being in the night x all the nights he is made of.

He's not forcing the fear into your mind, you are just feeling fear as a result of being in the dark, except it's the dark x a billion so the fear you are feeling is also x a billion, which breaks the mind.

So? What does it matter if he is forcing it onto someone or not?

Meth's being is still so scary that any who are within his darkness experience the fright of night times like ten nonillion or something large like that - which shatters the mind.

The legionaries are able to resist the passive fear manipulation that comes from Meth's very being - its still a resistance.

Yeah it says that walking through the dark is disturbing and that Meth is madd of seemingly infinite nights which causes everyone's mind to shatter from the weight of the abyss.

His pressure affected half the planet at once, causing those who were within the darkness to see nightmares that would plague them for generations and drove them mad which is pretty clearly type 2 madness manip or just mindhax not just fear manip like you seem to be implying

I think Monarch's point is less him not having those abilities, but rather they are side effects of the immense primal fear caused by the darkness of his nights. So, a consequential effect? Something like that?

Effectively.

Yes he breaks the mind, drives people mad, etc etc but that is simply the after effect of people getting really really scared. And it's a completely natural effect -> people are scared of being in the dark, so naturally if they are in a billion nights worth of dark, they're going to be a billion times more scared. And thus they go insane from that fear.

If the legionnaires simply resist the fear, then the part about it breaking their mind and driving them insane never happens, because they never reach that level of terror.

I know that it is referring to the 5 unknown entities. I was asking regarding about the human part. I should've made that clear.
I think he's just talking about humans in general. He wouldn't use that kind of word for gudou gods, they are not human in the "human sense". It is also not an analogy compared to his power like Yato did regarding his difference with Hajun because he would use a word like "trash, insect, shit or something along those lines. Gomi". He's probably just talking about humans in general. "Kami? Dou Demon ii, shiran kotoba da". Having to fill the role of "God" in KKK pissed him off because he wanted to be alone. But if you're, like, the source and absolute, everything will be a part of you, and everything will go to you.

i mean doesn't hajun consider EVERYTHING trash. And he kinda doesn't give any F's due to how power and how insane he is

Monarch Laciel said:
Effectively.
Yes he breaks the mind, drives people mad, etc etc but that is simply the after effect of people getting really really scared. And it's a completely natural effect -> people are scared of being in the dark, so naturally if they are in a billion nights worth of dark, they're going to be a billion times more scared. And thus they go insane from that fear.

If the legionnaires simply resist the fear, then the part about it breaking their mind and driving them insane never happens, because they never reach that level of terror.
Wasn't there a line in the novel that stated that only Reinhard and Mercuruius were the one's completely unaffected by Meth's pressure? Here.

Meaning that the LDO was, in fact, affected by Meth's pressure and did feel the fear. However, they were able to keep their sanity and remain fighting.

So it would still be a mental resistance no matter how you put it.

Maybe, but it's an effect caused by being really scared that they resist. It wouldn't necessarily extend to resisting every form of mind hax out there.

Given that the fear breaks minds and the spear crushes minds though, fair enough, it can be scaled to the spear.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
So i heard Wilhelm and Rusalka are hated in this site and games, is that true?
I have not heard anyone one the site, besides The real cal Howard say he dislikes either Rusalka or Wilhelm so I don't know where you got this.

My take? I adore Willy - I find him hilarious. I despise Rusalka, however. I can't stand her because of her ideaology being in stark contrast to my own.

Back