• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mass Effect AP and Durability upgrade (7-C)

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
So I've just stumbled upon a cutscene that could push biotic defences to 7-C.

In this cutscene we see biotics being used to tank an reflect missles that was then shown to blow up the ship they was taking fire from. Said ship was also capable of severely harming an ARK which is larger in size than a dreadnought (here is a compariso) and dreadnoughts can tank attacks from and deal damage to Reapers.

Kett ship size compared to ARK

Thoughts?

Hmm... I don't know. The asari needed the help of another person to pull off that barrier. It wasn't just one person. Also, if biotics were Town Level, then The Asari wouldn't have lost to Reapers at Thessia so badly.

Well, I guess Kett technology may not be as strong as the Reapers, but they managed to handle multiple missiles that should be capable of such damage, albeit, it was done with great difficulty.

Also, this is the Asari pathfinder and a highly experienced biotic, so they're not really fodder tier.

Also, if biotics were town level, Shepard would be able to kill reapers with just biotics, since Reapers are town level too, instead of Heavy weapons. Maybe we should put "Multi-City Block+ with Biotics". What do you think?

Multi-City Block+ is for calcs when the result is in the higher end of the tier

Alright. Then I think we should keep them at Multi City Block level since it took two people to make the barrier.

I would agree with you if it was only a single strike, however, they managed to handle multiple missiles.

I would think this is fine. The only time we really see Kett ships in action is in the battle for Meridian, which even with that the firepower is never mentioned not even in the Codex. However Sarissa and Cora created a barrier that strectched over 1500m (the size of the ark), I think small town with biotics is fine.

Cutscenes:

Gameplay:

• Ryder is also able to take absurd amounts of damage with shields, tech armour and the backlash ability stacked on top each other.
  • Ryder has the weakest stats compared to his/her allies and should be capable of doing such things given their stats.

This seems to be accepted so who gets the upgrades?:

1. Only the stronger biotics and it's listed under with tech/biotic abilities
  2. Everyone gets the upgrade for scaling to one another
  3. Above, but special forces like APEX, Spectres and N7's get the upgrade as well as uber bosses, and boss fodders.
  4. Everyone and their grandmother scales

Missiles in the Mass Effect verse are generally Town level. The Kett dreadnought got destroyed by its own barrage and was tanked by biotic shielding.

There is a huge fight at the end of the game, but I haven't got that far yet. They also were capable of heavily damaging the Asari and the Turian ARK too iirc

Option 3 seems appropriate, to my understanding.

Any scans/calc to show?

The video I linked should be enough information. I can do extra digging however.

Bump

Is this accepted or?

Well, VenomElite and Promestein seem to be okay with it. I do not have an opinion myself.

I am okay with it as well, as long as they tank damage from the missiles that were calculated and/or comparable missiles.

Darkanine said:
I am okay with it as well, as long as they tank damage from the missiles that were calculated and/or comparable missiles.
I haven't got to the final battle yet, but they should be comparable otherwise it wouldn't make much sense if they are too strong/weak.

Well, I suppose that you can apply this then.

Back