• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Matt Cordell CRT

As always, excuse the possible errors in English xd.

Well, I wanted to make a thread to this somewhat abandoned profile, and I think Matt Cordell's profile should be slightly updated and we should include this 1999 Comic.

P&A:

Regeneration (Low-Mid), Matt has recovered from a pipe that went through his stomach in the first film, and in the 1999 comic he is seen with his skin already recovered and his arm regenerated, despite the fact that in Maniac Cop 3 his skin was completely charred and as I mentioned, his arm had been torn off.

Resistance to Pain should be added, the guy gets shot multiple times, stabbed, burned, arm removed, tried to cut him off with a chainsaw, and all that and more doesn't seem to matter too much to him.

Attack Potency:

There's not really much to add, but I guess the fact that there's no calculation for his feats means he's in the baseline of 9-B, but we could add that he was able to violently fragment a wooden door in the comic. Feat for which 1136121.74 Joules are required.

The three "Ka-blam!" and the "Kraassh", along with the cracks that appear before the door is totally destroyed, makes me think it took him four hits to accomplish this feat.

1136121.74 / 4 = 284030.435 Joules (9-B). And much higher than the baseline.

Update: His AP was recently upgraded to 1234456.24 joules for the wall feat, but I guess we can still add the door feat.

Lifting Strength:

For Lifting Strength I just made this calculation, maybe you can give your opinion on it. Basically Cordell should level up to Class 5.

Speed:

As for his speed, his feat of throwing a guy into the air and shooting him, I'm not sure why he should classify as Peak Human, although he could still be at that level if we add a few more things to justify it.

Matt can casually defeat cops, even if there are two of them at once. He defeated multiple criminals who surprise attacked him in the prison bathroom, until he succumbed due to being outnumbered. He caught up with a guy who had gotten the upper hand on him. He quickly seized Officer Frank McCrae's gun and subdued him. He intercepted a chainsaw attack by Officer Teresa. He broke into a police station and killed multiple police officers. He quickly disappeared from Teresa and McCrae's sight as they shot him in the alley, although I have to say that the place was a little dark, but they were staring at him and from what I can understand, in the script it seems that both did not realize that Matt disappeared (Page 44).

And I already know that FTE is no longer Subsonic, because it was discussed and accepted in this thread, and also in the alley it was a bit dark so there were not optimal vision conditions, but this can serve as justification for his current Peak Human speed level.

Update:

In some threads, I saw that things like surviving fire or lava are no longer used to grant Wall level Durability, so that should be removed from his profile, although it would still be "Wall level, possibly higher". The calculation on LS Class 5 was accepted, but apparently the doubling of force was not accepted because it was done with one hand.

Last edited:
Interesting. I actually had no idea there was a comic based on the film.

I think these look pretty good. Although, I’m not an expert at calcs, so I don’t know whether or not they are correct. I recommend posting the calcs in a calculation thread.

Interesting. I actually had no idea there was a comic based on the film.

I think these look pretty good. Although, I’m not an expert at calcs, so I don’t know whether or not they are correct. I recommend posting the calcs in a calculation thread.
Yes, I posted the Lifting Strength calculation in the calculations evaluation thread. But apparently it takes a while for someone to evaluate it, so I'm still waiting.

Bump, come on, I think I just need a staff member to agree to this to add it. Although it seems that pain resistance is no longer a special ability, so I'm going to cross that out.

Bump, come on, I think I just need a staff member to agree to this to add it. Although it seems that pain resistance is no longer a special ability, so I'm going to cross that out.
Yeah, its kinda a pain. Maybe try reaching out to some staff through messaging them on their wall?

Back