• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maybe a stomp, maybe not. Composite Link vs Post-Crisis Superman

I would have thought Link would have the advantage with his Magic Blade and Indestructible Shield

I also don't get how this is a stomp when Link has Fi by his side and it's not like Supes resists anything and everything Link has.

Hm, I'm a little unsure now. Link has his magic Sword and Shield Advantage, but most of Link's arsenal is based on killing evil entities which wouldn't affect Superman, and Supe's could always get past his defences with his Heat Vision and Frost/Super Breath

Just to clarify, Link with the Magic Cape is even more intangible than normal (even other ghosts can't touch him), and with the Protection Ring, all damage taken gets minimized to a single Heart.

I know that Superman have resistance to Time Stop. BUT, Link's Time Stop is based on magic. And magic is a Superman's weakness.

Idk if this would work, i just want Link to win LOL.

LuisDH said:
I know that Superman have resistance to Time Stop. BUT, Link's Time Stop is based on magic. And magic is a Superman's weakness.
Makes sense.

I don't think the fact that its magic will make a difference considering Superman "resists" Time Stop by simply moving really fast

The only speed rating that can grant resistance to Time Stop is the Infinite and above, tbf.

I don't know if Link's TS being magic in-nature would change something. Where does Sups get his resistance?

Yes, you need either resist Time Stop (ala Jotaro Kujo) or having Infinite Speed.

Those scans are proof that he's resistant, yes. The explanation doesn't matter, just that he does resist Za Warudo.

Question is, who are those characters and what are their power sources? Because if they use magic, then Link's TS is nothing (and I'm also doubting it'd change anything).

Sups isn't weak to magic. He just doesn't resist it. There's the possibility that he might not be able to resist it and would get stopped in time.

Plus, in the second scan he looks struggling before being able to effectively breaking the "Chrono-suspension", so it might take a while before actually breaking from Link's.

Both are tech/science based so you do have a point there, tho what is Link's Time Stop like again and how long does it last?

LuisDH said:

Superman isn't weak to magic. He's just vulnerable to it. Just like how everyone that doesn't have a resistance towards magic is. It's not a specific hurdle Superman has.

No idea. I know nothing about Link and little about Sups. I just like the match.

But Link's arsenal is magic-based mostly, I guess. Unless some magic-based Time Stop can affect Sups, he shouldn't be just like that.

Other possibility is that Link's TS is larger than anything Sups has resisted, rendering his resistance useless after some "time".

Not really. Link has three ways to stop time. The first has limited range but stops in time everything in that range for unlimited time, and it is still hundreds to maybe thousands of meters square big. The second one is basically Dio's Timestop, and it's confirmed to be magic based. The third one is tech based, and can stop in time a single enemy for a limited time.

Though wouldn't Link use something that Supes doesn't resist rather than timestop?

I know two of the one's you're referring to, but the clock is a collectable that's not always readily available, and since Stasis is tech based it won't do much against Superman. What is the third one again?

Tho I did find a potentially more effective way for Link to win:

• Spell: Transforms enemies into small, slime-like creatures called bots.
You guys think this would work?

@Triforce

He sure would, but TimeStop is one of the most useful haxxes around, I think. Plus, Link needs to use something that Sups doesn't resist before getting AP stomped, so opening with Za Warudo would be a good choice to stop Sups on his tracks and give him enough time to use something good. I guess you know Link's arsenal far better to quote some possible ways.

2 of 3 should work, considering only one of them is tech-based like the TS Sups has resisted.

@Super

I guess? That feels like Transmutation which Sups doesn't resist.

Yes but isn't canonically Indestructible? Or is that considered a No-Limits Fallacy like how Ganon can only be killed by the Master Sword or whatever?

If that's the case then Link's gonna need some serious Hax to stand a chance

SuperAPM said:
Yes but isn't canonically Indestructible? Or is that considered a No-Limits Fallacy like how Ganon can only be killed by the Master Sword or whatever?

Yeah, that's a pretty textbook No Limits Fallacy.

Luckily, Link seems to have hax to spare.

SuperAPM said:
In most of the games the Hylian Shield is said to be indestructible/unbreakable, and I think that Hyrule Historia says so.

If that's a fallacy then I don't know how Link can win.

Back