• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU: High 6-A/5-C Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn’t proof he knows how strong their weapons are. I’m not doubting his intelligence, I’m just saying you’re reading too far into the statement.
That argument wouldn't be entirely invalid....if it wasn't for the fact that there's literally a guidebook statement backing it up

I think the Moon busting stuff is pretty blatant. There's statements from the movie, its in the guidebook. Its pretty intentional

What does that wven
that he doesn't have to exclusively have one reason to keep the flame around in a room trophied with other powerful tools he's collected
That isn’t proof he knows how strong their weapons are. I’m not doubting his intelligence, I’m just saying you’re reading too far into the statement.
...so you're saying he's intelligent enough to make that statement but not credible enough...think about that anywho its not like its just him Odin and apparently whatever old writing that shows stormbreaker being some powerful ancient weapon that can reach eternity in love and thunder is credible enough as is itself

That argument wouldn't be entirely invalid....if it wasn't for the fact that there's literally a guidebook statement backing it up

I think the Moon busting stuff is pretty blatant. There's statements from the movie, its in the guidebook. Its pretty intentional
I’m not saying the Hydron Enforcer can’t destroy moons, but the Nidvallier statement is completely scuffed.

that he doesn't have to exclusively have one reason to keep the flame around in a room trophied with other powerful tools he's collected
My guy, this is not it. He kept it because of Surtur. That’s it. Final.
...so you're saying he's intelligent enough to make that statement but not credible enough...think about that anywho its not like its just him Odin and apparently whatever old writing that shows stormbreaker being some powerful ancient weapon that can reach eternity in love and thunder is credible enough as is itself
You gotta word your statements better.

He litterly says they make the most powerful weapons to ever torment the universe. So he seems to have a pretty good idea of how powerful they are.
I’m saying he hasn’t seen the place, or have a high amount of knowledge on it, as seen later in the movie.

On a side note, the Wanda mind stone stuff has not been properly addressed, which is what ties the mind stone thing tk the rest of the crt.

On a side note, the Wanda mind stone stuff has not been properly addressed, which is what ties the mind stone thing tk the rest of the crt.
Nah it doesn't tie into the rest of the CRT and it has been addressed
He wouldn't be if you recall we don't scale vision to the complete mindstones power, see here:

Do not scale Vision to Ultron with the Mind Stone. This creates several scaling problems and contradictions, as well as it being stated that Vision was unable to unlock the Mind Stone's full power, whereas Ultron likely did not have such a problem.

Multi-Continent level (High 6-A)
Sling Rings
There is nothing that states that this is being channeled through the portal in a manner to attack tho. Nor is it stated that the same amount of energy applies to closing it. Or maybe, magic bypasses that energy need altogether.

• According to this thread, the Sling Rings are accepted to be AP, WoG states that Thanos' skin is almost impenetrable and we don't know whether Doctor Strange had the capability to cut it.
Again, the magic could just be bypassing the energy consumption barrier entirely.

The Tesseract
Okay.

Seems vague if anything. If it was something more direct like actual statements like calling Captain Marvel as much worse than the Tesseract or something, I'd buy it. But as it stands, I personally would not use this.

Scales absolutely to no one, Surtr folded the entire gang.

I have a massive problem with this.

Power alone wasn't going to be enough to destroy the Mind Stone, it had to be of a similar nature as well.

That'd be grounds for 5-A if anything else but we're not ready to have that conversation yet because of the whole "Against celestial objects" argument honestly. And because Thanos on his own overpowered Endgame Thor despite the latter having Stormbreaker.

Cool, scales to nobody else sadly.

• Rocket itself states that Nidavellir, place of creation of Mjölnir and Stormbreaker, makes the most powerful and horrific weapons to ever torment the universe.
Nobody scales to the full might of Stormbreaker, and Mjolnir was clearly weaker before Hela, relying on whatever Thor's power level was.

I think for the 5-C stuff, we can at least use the revision to remove the "likely" from the pages with that stuff there. It shouldn't be "likely", it should straight up just be 5-C

Narratively it would make sense for Stormbreaker to be stronger than the Hadron Enforcer, but thinking about it more, Rocket's statements might not be enough to justify that

I pretty much agree with KLOL's stuff

Multi-Continent level (High 6-A)
Sling Rings
No
The Tesseract
Ok
This actually is ok to me.
Like KLOL said, not sure if this scales to anyone besides Prime Odin.
The Bifrost
Seems fine
FRA this doesn't work
See above
Wouldn't this scale to the Power Stone itself?
  • Rocket itself states that Nidavellir, place of creation of Mjölnir and Stormbreaker, makes the most powerful and horrific weapons to ever torment the universe.
Too vague

I don't agree either the interdimensional travel AP for Klol's reasons, is also worth mentioning the fact that the one who makes the statement doesn't have knowledge of others means to travel without excessive amounts of energy.

Cool, scales to nobody else sadly
Well ronan does and it's not listed on his profile
Nobody scales to the full might of Stormbreaker, and Mjolnir was clearly weaker before Hela, relying on whatever Thor's power level was.
Shouldn't that still be listed on the profile then, X tier with stormbreaker?
And because Thanos on his own overpowered Endgame Thor despite the latter having Stormbreaker
Isn't that LS though when he wrestled Thor with it?

Other than that I generally agree but the precedent that if done via tech it should be high 6-A, I mean like the earlier point about the tesseract being able to surface wipe earth it can also open portals and not through magic

I don't agree either the interdimensional travel AP for Klol's reasons, is also worth mentioning the fact that the one who makes the statement doesn't have knowledge of others means to travel without excessive amounts of energy.
The KLOL reasoning and the other fact you're trying to string together like don't relate in the slightest KLOLs reasoning is due to magic bypassing which I think is fine however the Ms.Marvel thing was literally an essential plot point and the world would have been destroyed so it's pretty credible when its part of the essential plot of the show

Portals needing high 6-A energy is fine but magic bypassing them doesn't negate that fact for other means like with the stones power or through tech

I guess I might as well threw my hat in at this point

sling ring stuff is a bit werid but doesn’t seem to bad

Tesseract stuff is fine accept for it being 6-a considering that’s just straight up not what the scene was stating or implying

Bifrost/mind stone stuff could be higher but it’s fine

Scarlet witch and Stormbreaker scaling to the stones is extremely shaky and shouldn’t be used tbh

Moon stuff is fine

The statement comes from Erik Selvig, who's basically an authority on physics within the MCU and was a key factor in stopping the convergence in The Dark World and even tried warning people about it before it happened, to say he doesn't have knowledge on things like ignores how credible he's been in the past

The statement comes from Erik Selvig, who's basically an authority on physics within the MCU and was a key factor in stopping the convergence in The Dark World and even tried warning people about it before it happened, to say he doesn't have knowledge on things like ignores how credible he's been in the past
And still is in the first avenger🗿

Hela dismissing the Casket of Ancient Winters has been brought up before. I think it was previously rejected due to Surtur

I personally think the Casket of Winters can be used for scaling, but I'm not sure if anyone has any counters to that

**** I FORGOT ABOUT THIS
We can talk about this in the MCU discussion thread and I asked for help finding it there since I'm having trouble and it's likely burried pretty deep

This so far is the only thing close to ir I could find:

When explaining the character in-depth, and specifically the casting of Brie Larson, Feige reveals, “With Captain Marvel, who has powers that approach a level that we haven’t seen before in our films, you need to counter-balance that by finding somebody who is also very human and very relatable and can get into a groove with the audience, where they’re willing to see her fly through the sun and punch a moon away from a spacecraft. At the same time, we need her to land and have relatable flaws.”
Shit nvm I found some articles it was this statement here that I sent above so it was correct that feige said she could punch a moon away
[/Qoute]

So yeah these were from the same time when feige said this but you get my point that WoG can give extreme statements
This gives more credibility to moon level MCU and Captain Marvel being above the tesseract

Well ronan does and it's not listed on his profile
I meant people other than Ronan don't scale.

Shouldn't that still be listed on the profile then, X tier with stormbreaker?
I thought the High 6-A stuff to Stormbreaker was already added.

Isn't that LS though when he wrestled Thor with it?
Both, he parried the blows eventually and he was trying to dig in deep into Thor with the axe himself.

Other than that I generally agree but the precedent that if done via tech it should be high 6-A, I mean like the earlier point about the tesseract being able to surface wipe earth it can also open portals and not through magic
Here's the thing, the Tesseract actually has the offensive capability on that level, the portal opening via the Sling Rings is based on pure conjecture that it truly uses the energy the Sun emits or that it can even use the energy in offensive forms when closing.

I feel like “punching a Moon away from a spacecraft” implies that she’d be knocking it out of orbit? It’s not as though punching a full moon a few meters away would do much to get it out of the way. That’s how I would approach it if we wanna calc that

I thought the High 6-A stuff to Stormbreaker was already added.
Nah its from the bifrost being channeled through stormbreaker
Both, he parried the blows eventually and he was trying to dig in deep into Thor with the axe himself.
Fair
Here's the thing, the Tesseract actually has the offensive capability on that level, the portal opening via the Sling Rings is based on pure conjecture that it truly uses the energy the Sun emits or that it can even use the energy in offensive forms when closing.
Yeah the magic not scaling is fine I'm moreso talking about the precedent of things that aren't magically involved in the MCU creating portals should be accepted as such from here on at the very least

Yeah the magic not scaling is fine I'm moreso talking about the precedent of things that aren't magically involved in the MCU creating portals should be accepted as such from here on at the very least
IDK, if it can't be used in offensive capabilities as well I'd be hard-pressed to avoid using them in the first place.

IDK, if it can't be used in offensive capabilities as well I'd be hard-pressed to avoid using them in the first place.
Yeah that's fine it doesn't need to be unless like we have some statement someone is using the same energy they used in the case of something like this
Knocking our moon out of Orbit is High 6-A
Couldn't that scale to CM via this statement and Ronan thinking CM is above the tesseract then? And the Korath thinking thanos is like >>> ?

That's a I think gives some credibility to Ronan's implications and what we know of the tesseract

Couldn't that scale to CM via this statement and Ronan thinking CM is above the tesseract then? And the Korath thinking thanos is like >>> ?
Thanos is certainly portrayed as superior to Ronan in GoTG and we know that the Power Stone doesn’t amp durability. Make of that what you will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back