• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU: High 6-A/5-C Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw KLOL you never responded
The Captain Marvel section is kind of questionable because it seems more...illustrative than anything else? Like I guess it could be used, but 'punch a moon away from a spacecraft' is very vague, and not at all 'knocking the moon out of orbit', so you'll probably have to throw that out
Lol um what the statement comes from feige and he literally says she can punch the moon to the sun but we're taking the bare minimum of moving the moon out of orbit which is high 6-A,

Btw KLOL you never responded
Lol um what the statement comes from feige and he literally says she can punch the moon to the sun but we're taking the bare minimum of moving the moon out of orbit which is high 6-A, nothing about doing it away from a spacecraft
Did we know how though?
If not, that wouldn’t scale to physicals necessarily unless it is outright stated that is the case they do it through purely physical means.

Was about to say this
While that is true it's ignoring the context of this scene.

Thanos after having his armies and superior number slowly whittled away and growing desperate tries to put his plan into action as fast as possible.
It makes PERFECT sense that he would want to complete the Infinity gauntlet as fast as possible and complete his plan.

It also still doesn't explain all the visual evidence (Ronin's eyes glowing purple, every vein pulsing with energy and his body shining with a purple light) that was not present on Thanos even though once again he was channeling greater power than Ronin did for a longer length of time.

How does the statement coming from feige undo what I said? It has nothing to do with author credibility.
Your notion that the statement itself is just illustrative and hell even if she's just shaking the moon at it the highest intensity not even taking her being able to punch it away that alone would be like 6-B

While that is true it's ignoring the context of this scene.

Thanos after having his armies and superior number slowly whittled away and growing desperate tries to put his plan into action as fast as possible.
It makes PERFECT sense that he would want to complete the Infinity gauntlet as fast as possible and complete his plan.

It also still doesn't explain all the visual evidence (Ronin's eyes glowing purple, every vein pulsing with energy and his body shining with a purple light) that was not present on Thanos even though once again he was channeling greater power than Ronin did for a longer length of time.
His arm with the stone was glowing though as we can see it frame by frame.

Overall not bad but some of the points are pretty faulty.

• I dunno how the Ronan statement proves literally anything, so I'm going to ask for some context. It's been a minute since I've seen Captain Marvel. From what I can tell it's literally him just clarifying that Captain Marvel is the one they are searching for. @Shmeatywerbenmanjenson 's explanation doesn't really help because he just repeated what they said again.
Ignoring that he considers both the tesseract and Carol "Weapons" for their personal use with him considering Carol to be the more important of the two
  • Thanos is most certainly not stronger than Captain Marvel, so that implication may as well be null.
Timeskips generally mean increases in power so that's not necessarily contradictory.
Also that's ignoring that he did still fight with her without getting completely obliterated which by this sites standards would mean he should scale
Also this Ignores Korath's statement of Thanos being the most powerful being in the universe

You can definitely see his arm pulsating with the Power Stone's energy, clearly it was something he couldn't hold for long and he had to make it count before he put it back into the Gauntlet. Seems like it requires to be clamped down hard to have its power be usable.

Yea I'm not debating that. But when we see the powerstone's users being overpowered by it's power we tend to see general tell-tale signs.
That being there entire body glowing with energy and cracks forming all over. We don't see that in Thanos's case as it abruptly stops at his arm

Edit: Would like to add that after he removes the stone we see ZERO damage to his arm, something that happens whenever the powerstone overwhelms someone

Yea I'm not debating that. But when we see the powerstone's users being overpowered by it's power we tend to see general tell-tale signs.
That being there entire body glowing with energy and cracks forming all over. We don't see that in Thanos's case as it abruptly stops at his arm
We see Thano’s face showing pain when he was trying to put the power stone back into the gauntlet. That is definitely him struggling for that moment as well.

Statements can be used without having visual representations, it’s been valid for years
Yeah. Also that was me doing a dumb moment as I thought it was “moving the moon”, not “punching the moon” one.

My bad, but still that tends to been case by case basis as well as not being contradicted by anything stated and/or shown too IIRC.

We see Thano’s face being in pain when he was trying to put the power stone back into the gauntlet. That is definitely him struggling for that moment as well.
Yea, it's well established that the powerstone hurts to hold, this is nothing groundbreaking. Doesn't change the fact that Thanos still held it and managed to not show tell-tale signs of powerstone overload.

Powerstone Overload

Controlled Powestone

Note that both still have hands that glow with a purple energy

Yea, it's well established that the powerstone hurts to hold, this is nothing groundbreaking. Doesn't change the fact that Thanos still held it and managed to not show tell-tale signs of powerstone overload.

Powerstone Overload

Controlled Powestone

Note that both still have hands that glow with a purple energy

For the second scan, he pretty much have to spread out the energy to the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy in order for him to survive and not get entirely wiped out by the Power Stone itself.
Also Thanos was still getting overloaded, but not completely unlike Ronan and Quill.

For the second scan, he pretty much have to spread out the energy to the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy in order for him to survive and not get entirely wiped out by the Power Stone itself.
Yeah, I'm aware. Also it's not an outlier because Star Lord at the time was a Half-Celestial
Also Thanos was still getting overloaded, but not completely unlike Ronan and Quill.
Nope, it was contained to just his hands and we see that it went no further after that. Even after an extended amount of time.
It hurt more for him because he was doing it all on his own.

I don't see why this is hard to believe considering Carol's statement of moving the moon which like Klol said would be defaulted to moon level. And Thanos held his own against her. This is just supporting evidence at this point.

Yeah, I'm aware. Also it's not an outlier because Star Lord at the time was a Half-Celestial

Nope, it was contained to just his hands and we see that it went no further after that. Even after an extended amount of time.
It hurt more for him because he was doing it all on his own.

I don't see why this is hard to believe considering Carol's statement of moving the moon which like Klol said would be defaulted to moon level. And Thanos held his own against her. This is just supporting evidence at this point.
Never say it was a outlier. Only mention it was a case by case basis as said above as long as the WOG statement isn’t contradicted by anything in verse is what I was referring to.

Also what you mean “Nope”? Just because we don’t see him being fully enveloped into the purple light by the Power Stone doesn’t mean he wasn’t being overpowered by the Power Stone when he take it out on his left hand and proceed to put it back in the same infinity gauntlet to contain its power.

Also I not sure about the zero damage on Thano’s arm point though as I am pretty sure we can argue the case for Quill’s and Ronan’s arms as I not sure if we shown any external damage to the arms in those two instances, but there will been arguably some internal damage when it exposed to the Power Stone directly, but I think it is maybe off topic though

Also I not sure about the zero damage on Thano’s arm point though as I am pretty sure we can argue the case for Quill’s and Ronan’s arms as I not sure if we shown any external damage to the arms in those two instances, but there will been arguably some internal damage when it exposed to the Power Stone directly, but I think it is maybe off topic though
Star- Lord and the gang all showed signs of visible damage afterwards

Also Kree have Regeneration

I also seriously question the Fiege statement about CM punching a moon.

That could've just been hyperbole, since he wasn't directly talking about how strong he was.
He was: “With Captain Marvel, who has powers that approach a level that we haven’t seen before in our films, you need to counter-balance that by finding somebody who is also very human and very relatable and can get into a groove with the audience, where they’re willing to see her fly through the sun and punch a moon away from a spacecraft."

He was: “With Captain Marvel, who has powers that approach a level that we haven’t seen before in our films, you need to counter-balance that by finding somebody who is also very human and very relatable and can get into a groove with the audience, where they’re willing to see her fly through the sun and punch a moon away from a spacecraft."
That would include surtur since this is after ragnarok

Star- Lord and the gang all showed signs of visible damage afterwards

Also Kree have Regeneration

On their faces, yeah, but not the arms and anything else.

Also just because Thanos didn’t have any external damages isn’t a indicator he wasn’t being overpowered by the Power Stone on left hand. Still I am pretty it still counts as a durability feat anyway.

So in the end, it is pretty much a moot point since it is on Thano (MCU)’s profile that he did tank being nearly killed by all five stones and stuff.

On their faces, yeah, but not the arms and anything else.

Also just because Thanos didn’t have any external damages isn’t a indicator he wasn’t being overpowered by the Power Stone on left hand. Still I am pretty it still counts as a durability feat anyway.

So in the end, it is pretty much a moot point since it is on Thano (MCU)’s profile that he did tank being nearly killed by all five stones and stuff.
So you do agree that he at least momentarily survived at least Moon level energies flowing through him?

So you do agree that he at least momentarily survived at least Moon level energies flowing through him?
No especially since it isn’t moon level.

There was a reason on why we put “Varies“ on the Power Stone.

However, the link is unfortunately dead though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back