• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't mean it's a good Hulk
I never said it was. All I'm saying is it's kind of silly to complain that Hulk isn't menacing and terrifying 24/7 when current hulk is a different personality and appearing in a show with a comedic tone.
just because the series is a comedy in origin doesn't mean the jokes are funny
I've acknowledged that they aren't that funny, just don't be shocked when a comedic character is portrayed comedically.

I never said it was. All I'm saying is it's kind of silly to complain that Hulk isn't menacing and terrifying 24/7 when current hulk is a different personality and appearing in a show with a comedic tone.
It's more about the frustration of Hulk losing his badassery and being protrayed as comically for fans, especially since we're still not getting a Hulk movie. Hulk is supposed to be utterly badass, not necessarily terrifying but at least among the strongest characters. Yet, ever since IW, he's been put aside, is absent from most of the MCU and is now mostly treated like a joker without showing his badassery. It's MASSIVE case of Badass Decay where a very well-loved, very strong character is put aside and barely has any occasion to shine and the very few he has are almost always wasted. For many, it's a waste of potential and great character.
I've acknowledged that they aren't that funny, just don't be shocked when a comedic character is portrayed comedically.
Same as above, I think it's just a case of people being tired of the over comical tone in the MCU. Not to say it should be utterly serious all of the time but the MCU always had a problem with serious moments and stories being partially wasted because the writers/studios feel they need to put more and more jokes and levity cause apparently for many people, being serious is bad. Love & Thunder is the most recent and blatant example, instead of an epic movie with some jokes, it's a full-blown comedy that barely treats anything seriously and turns a character who should be dignified into a clown. More and more people grow tired of this, not enough to put the MCU in danger but enough for this criticism to not be simply reduced to a few people who just don't like jokes. And even then, it's more about how those jokes completely clash with the tone rather than them being jokes at all. Like, Deadpool is also a comedic character but aside from the gore, he's also genuinely funny and taken seriously when he has to. Same for Guardians of the Galaxy. But the humor problem gets more and more blatant.

Thor being depressed for failing at stopping Thanos from erasing half of the universe's population? Let's turn a situation that should be treated with dry sarcasm at best as humor and utterly seriously into a Big Lebowski joke, that will surely fit the tragedy of his character? Nick Fury, the badass director of the SHIELD, who has been shown to be skillfull, wise and full of determination and hinted that he lost his eye in tragic, epic circumstances worthy of completely changing the mindset of some people and making them paranoiac? How about we show him to be a buffoon with barely any skill in his youth and his missing eye is due to a cat scratch? What an epic story! Talos and the Skrulls being on the brink of extinction and trying to save their civilization from a fascist empire? It's time to make funny jokes while drinking soda in a earthly house! Asgardian children kidnapped by a mass murderer who makes it clear is extremely sadistic? This is definitely the perfect timing for Thor to make some jokes about his failed relationship. Jane dying from cancer is surely gonna be a serious matter right? How about we make her spend the movie trying to get a catchphrase instead! Captain America Civil War, where the heroes split in two groups ideologically and morally opposed, willing to go so far they will fight and even harm each other, even though they've spent years becoming comrades, even friends, fighting alongside each other? None of them should show any angst and everyone should be obsessed with being "the funny one", or the one with the best quips and one liners.

Last edited:
DID HITLER MAKE THE MOVIE??
MauLer just makes very long videos. He's done a ten hour response before on HBomberGuy's Dark Souls II video and his Star Wars Sequel videos probably breach 20 hours by this point. I also think he did like, a 12-15 hour thing on Jenny but the only thing I remember about that was her (and everyone else) riffing on that and on him for a bit because it was dumb.

Captain America Civil War, where the heroes split in two groups ideologically and morally opposed, willing to go so far they will fight and even harm each other, even though they've spent years becoming comrades, even friends, fighting alongside each other? None of them should show any angst and everyone should be obsessed with being "the funny one", or the one with the best quips and one liners.
To be fair, the climax in Civil War had very few quips and was taken seriously. The airport fight, not so much

MauLer just makes very long videos. He's done a ten hour response before on HBomberGuy's Dark Souls II video and his Star Wars Sequel videos probably breach 20 hours by this point. I also think he did like, a 12-15 hour thing on Jenny but the only thing I remember about that was her (and everyone else) riffing on that and on him for a bit because it was dumb.
His TFA videos alone have a combined over 11 hours. He says long doesn't mean bad which is fair but it's definitely become some sort of gimmick for his brand where a lot of his videos are just statpadding minor nitpicks of the plot.

Voting has closed and the winner of the poll was...

SHE-HULK!
EbhWCKTXkAIJ2r4.jpg
I will be covering Halloween themed profiles till the end of October, so go vote now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back