• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter: Kushala-tier Upgrades & Discussion

Yama is so ******* weird....
Yeah, as stated earlier, Yama canonically has a one-shot attack and has to be fought after White Fatalis, who doesn't have a one-shot. So... 5-A Yama Tsukami?
Pretty much what happens when MH delves into lovecraftian territory (just imagine if it could smile lol!).

Overall I think this CRT objectives have been reached we just gotta decide where a handful of monsters fit in terms of scaling it seems.

I forgot to mention the fact that Sunbreak shows Shagaru One-Shotting a Seregios and a Barrioth at the same time so I think he's good with just a High 6-C Tier.

Edit: to clarify, they weren't caught off guard either since they were staring it dead in the face before they got nuked.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention the fact that Sunbreak shows Shagaru One-Shotting a Seregios and a Barrioth at the same time so I think he's good with just a High 6-C Tier.

Edit: to clarify, they weren't caught off guard either since they were staring it dead in the face before they got nuked.
Not that I'm opposing the tiering here, but one-shotting a couple of High 8-C's is not conclusive evidence for High 6-C.

Not that I'm opposing the tiering here, but one-shotting a couple of High 8-C's is not conclusive evidence for High 6-C.
No, but it makes more sense when there's another tier of characters between them so I'm saying he should be "At Least whatever Tier Kirin gets, likely High 8-C" since he did literally One-Shot two Apex Tier Monsters.

Unfortunately, that's a reskinned turf war using mods. The Apex Diablos shoots a fireball there; that's Espinas's turf war.
Yeah I forgot Rise was on PC too, making it super easy to mod. It kinda reminded me of a modded turf war between two Bazelgeuse (reusing the animation of two Diablos in MHW) tbh.

So does anything else need to be further discussed or can this CRT reach a conclusion?

I think we have a solid conclusion with open ends for a later CRT regarding the likes of Ceadeus, Dah'ren, etc.

High 6-C --> Kushala + Nergigante, Ruiner Nergigante, Teostra, Lunastra, Velkhana, Espinas, Savage Deviljho, Rajang, Blackveil Vaal Hazak, Furious Rajang, Bazelgeuse, Seething Bazelgeuse, Deviljho
* (Can fight on equal terms with Kushala Daora)

High 6-C --> Vaal Hazak, Chameleos
* (Comparable to Kushala Daora)

At least High 8-C, possibly High 6-C --> Gold Rathian, Silver Rathalos, Abyssal Lagiacrus, Lucent Nargacuga, Molten Tigrex
* (Comparable to Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos, who were theorized to be nesting in Nergigante territory)

High 6-C --> Amatsu, Akantor, Ukanlos, Crimson Glow Valstrax, Ahtal-Ka, Nakarkos, Yama Tsukami
* (Has higher hunting rewards than Kushala Daora, so should be at least comparable to it)

Low 6-B --> Gogmazios
* (Should scale to Shah Dalamadur)

Deviants might scale to Hellblade's calc, but since not all deviants are encountered in the same Low/High/G Rank, and they have widely varying HRP rewards, it's iffy.

Other variation species should scale to their base form unless we get evidence to the contrary

On the others, I have no clue.

All "Comparable" ratings here are based on the HRP metric.

Anyways, I don't think we have that much to go over besides just changing the pages, I may do that assuming nobody raises objections by tomorrow
I forgor

starting now

Done, but do feel free to check my edits (My eyes started glazing over after a bit and I probably just skimped out on justifying some scaling, frankly as long as I didn't accidentally miss a section I'm good)

Back