• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mulan AP upgrade

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
https://youtu.be/TVcLIfSC4OE

Great song, but there's an important feat in here that we missed. The soldiers are quite capable of cracking a large slab of stone in half with their heads. This is basic for all soldiers' training and Mulan likely did this too (even if she didn't, she scales anyway).

Likely needs a calc but it's definitely higher than Mulan's 10-A physicality.

Should get that calced first. But if it doesn't contradict itself it should be fine.

MISSED? Mother....I said this years ago.

Not to mention that in that same video they're seen dodging arrows by the dozens.

Considering that breaking stone/cement boards its 1900 N, I think that breaking one of these with the head would require between anything between 2 to 10 tons of force.

As for the statue, those are pretty common, you can look for a real life one with known weigjt and then apply the inverse cube law.

The statue would have either been bronze, or marble if I remember. I tried to get this calced in the past, someone came up with dozens of tons or so, but the number came without references, so I couldn't use it.

I cannot watch Youtube videos most of the day. Would this be a 9-B or 9-A level feat?

No need to go through all that trouble. Just pixel scale and figure out the dimensions of the block or just figure out its volume by dividing the mass of an average block in grams and then dividing it with the density in g/cm^3. Then we use the frag values and boom. We have our values.

Either way, this seems quite similar to the Mortal Kombat block-breaking feats. So 9-B.

It'd be 9-A only if it was made out of diamond.

Then I think pulverization would be used for the middle section.

Though v. frag is prolly more accurate.

No part of the block was pulverized, just splitted. Generally splitting perfomences are expressed in force or pressure units, I eyesight it to be at most 15 tons of force.

15 tons would be ~15 times the force of the strongest kick recorded (that its used for baseline 9-B), and ~45 times the force of the average profesional boxxer. Of course, I'm just eyeballing based that the force to break a cement breaking board its 1900 N.

Should I also add that Mushu has survived explosions, and Mulan has shown to be physically superior, or would that not scale?

Most that Mushu did was lift a stone dragon head, and yet it have difficulties to do so; he is immortal, so he is tanky.

Mushu could be a stone wall, for all we know.

Mulan didn't damage Mushu in a significant way

Fair enough.

Although I'm wondering about the immortal part. He was obviously scared throughout the adventure, specifically the avalanche scene where he says repeatedly, "We're gonna die."

That would be if they outspeed an arrow, dodging or reacting generally is slower than the speed of the projectile.

A calculation for the dodging feat would obviously be best.

I don't think it needs to be that urgent anymore as the live action version will be delayed (due to... reasons)

Isn't this thread about the animated version?

Back