• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

That would go exactly as AFO plans the situation to be.
His current body is done for. His mission is to transfer his current Quirk to Shigaraki's body in order to have two AFO Vestiges overpower the Shigaraki Vestige and take control of Shigaraki's body.
I mean stole his other quirks except for All For One itself. Also, what will happen if someone has two of the same quirk you reckon 🤔

I mean stole his other quirks except for All For One itself. Also, what will happen if someone has two of the same quirk you reckon 🤔
Tomura turns into a horrific Shigaraki-AFO hybrid abomination that looks like it's barely being held together by goopy stuff.

But somehow Tenko is in there, and Izuku is able to pull him out, thus "saving Tenko" like he wanted.

5 chapters ago: “Sometimes a near death experience can trigger a quirk to awaken” “People can also summon absurd power in a crisis when it’s do or die”

This chapter: Ochako is dying while Toga overwhelms the heroes with her new resolve and clones

Man I sure wonder what Ochako is being set up to do here. I truly can’t tell what she can do to defeat Toga. It’s just such a mystery.

5 chapters ago: “Sometimes a near death experience can trigger a quirk to awaken” “People can also summon absurd power in a crisis when it’s do or die”

This chapter: Ochako is dying while Toga overwhelms the heroes with her new resolve and clones

Man I sure wonder what Ochako is being set up to do here. I truly can’t tell what she can do to defeat Toga. It’s just such a mystery.
Oh is Ochako finally about to do something cool after god knows how many chapters since this damn war started?

Shinra tensei 😧

Nah, Uraraka is going to talk Toga down with a nice speech and she'll give up on her own accord.

Watching this I realized something, Double isn't the same as Naruto's Shadow Clones. By that I mean the Doubles don't share information when destroyed, and can't be dispelled by the original user. So even if Toga had a change of heart, her Doubles aren't going to change with her. They're still going to be mad as she was.

Unless Uraraka can somehow yell loud enough for all of them to hear her or something.[

Now I assume once her time limit is up, the Doubles will vanish. Though it'd be very interesting if they stay around after her time limit, but they all turn back into normal Toga. She cannot Double anymore, but the clones still remain until they take a certain amount of damage. They aren't Doubles of Twice, but Doubles of her turning into Twice. Which is why they can all use Toga's transform Quirk as we see in this chapter.

I am hoping Uraraka does get some kind of Quirk Awakening as well, and it does feel like it's being set up.

I'm still assuming the Doubles will vanish once her time is up. Since we can't have a bunch of naked Toga's running around, unless Horikoshi can censor them all.

I also never realized Toga didn't have "villain name" until this chapter. I don't know how I didn't, it just didn't click until now.

This is ******* ridiculous, am i seriously expected to feel bad about a uncaring psycopath that kill animals and peoples to drink their blood because she like it, and is pissed that society doesn't let kill and murder anyone she ******* like ?

This is ******* ridiculous, am i seriously expected to feel bad about a uncaring psycopath that kill animals and peoples to drink their blood because she like it, and is pissed that society doesn't let kill and murder anyone she ******* like ?

Having empathy for them does not mean condoning their actions or absolving them of responsibility.

Last edited:
Having empathy for them does not mean condoning their actions or absolving them of responsibility.
Empathy for what ? Her being sad that she wasn't let free of killing and torturing anyone she wanted without her being treated like a weirdo and a criminal ?

Empathy for what ? Her being sad that she wasn't let free of killing and torturing anyone she wanted without her being treated like a weirdo and a criminal ?

Empathy for the fact that she is literally mentally ill; she's seeing things from a perspective that nobody else shares and it's not her fault that she is the way she is. Imagine if you were told that hugging someone is the equivalent of murder and you were ostracized for it. You can't understand why anyone would tell you that hugging someone could be so wrong. You see other people doing things like holding hands and kissing, and they're not punished by society for it - but because you express love through hugs, you're treated as a demon. That's basically how it is with Toga. I don't want her to stab people and drink their blood, but I understand that her desires aren't born out of malice or pure evil.

Empathy for the fact that she is literally mentally ill; she's seeing things from a perspective that nobody else shares and it's not her fault that she is the way she is. Imagine if you were told that hugging someone is the equivalent of murder and you were ostracized for it. You can't understand why anyone would tell you that hugging someone could be so wrong. You see other people doing things like holding hands and kissing, and they're not punished by society for it - but because you express love through hugs, you're treated as a demon. That's basically how it is with Toga. I don't want her to stab people and drink their blood, but I understand that her desires aren't born out of malice or pure evil.
No, she know what she is doing is evil. That's why even as a small child , she lie to her parents about killing the bird. She also show to be capable of compassion toward some peoples, but show none for her victims, despite knowing that taking lives is a big deal, as she fear her own death. She understand all of those concepts but still chose to kill and torture people. Should i feel bad for all the psycopaths now ? Those we consider as the most people to ever exist where most likely"mentally ill" as well, should i feel bad for them too ?

No, she know what she is doing is evil. That's why even as a small child , she lie to her parents about killing the bird. She also show to be capable of compassion toward some peoples, but show none for her victims, despite knowing that taking lives is a big deal, as she fear her own death. She understand all of those concepts but still chose to kill and torture people. Should i feel bad for all the psycopaths now ? Those we consider as the most people to ever exist where most likely"mentally ill" as well, should i feel bad for them too ?

Why would we not feel bad for people who are too mentally ill to control their actions, whilst also condemning their actions?

Why would we not feel bad for people who are too mentally ill to control their actions, whilst also condemning their actions?
also like, she just wants to drink blood Instinctively due to her Quirk, it's not like she wanted to kill people. Hell she just kissed someone's wound to make them feel better and satisfy her desire for blood. She only killed people because she bottled up her emotions and urges to be "normal" and snapped and broke

This is such a narrow minded way of viewing toga

Are we reading the same manga?

No one's asking you to feel bad for Toga, or hell, anyone. Because they're fictional characters. Normally, you don't feel an attachment to them. Horikoshi is just trying to illustrate that she's not some pure evil psychopathic blood-crazed demon that needs to be put down. It doesn't mean that her actions are excused, it just means that there's another way to resolve the conflict than killing her.

Read the source material more carefully next time. We have enough people complaining about the story as is without having a thorough understanding of what makes the writing good.

Y’all have to also understand that drawing manga and stuff takes time. Like it’s to the point that they even get sick from doing it. I rather this then for a mangaka to stop all together

Y’all have to also understand that drawing manga and stuff takes time. Like it’s to the point that they even get sick from doing it. I rather this then for a mangaka to stop all together
Yeah for those that don’t know….this is what a manga author’s schedule looks like

c7v83g3ywh3z.jpg

Made even worse by the fact that Horikoshi’s most recent author comments were about striking pain in his shoulder and troubles with his ear so…yeah man is suffering.

People ought to be putting off the chapters and reading them in bulk. It makes things a lot more enjoyable.
^

Also to people who don't empathize with Toga or any of the villains and just want the heroes to kill them

Congrats, you're not a hero or hero material... This is a superhero manga, so treat it like one. This is just like when Spiderman chooses not to kill his villains and try to understand them despite them being clear psychos

^

Also to people who don't empathize with Toga or any of the villains and just want the heroes to kill them

Congrats, you're not a hero or hero material... This is a superhero manga, so treat it like one. This is just like when Spiderman chooses not to kill his villains and try to understand them despite them being clear psychos
Guess I am not a hero 🥱

I really don't think Toga is a very interesting character and that I believe people are blowing her out of proportion. Also the way she had been side-lined in this whole war arc was just sad and ruined whatever morsel of value she had for me.

And I say that's perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong with being unable to feel sympathy or being disappointed in something, since that's how you feel.

I just really hope that people don't start acting like their own beliefs is objectively correct, and everyone else but a small minority agrees with them or whatever.

Nothing wrong with having a discussion, it's all in good fun after all, but I think acting as if you're looking down on someone for having a different opinion is childish. There are people out there that can't just disagree with someone, they have to look down on others who don't share their opinion.

Not pointing fingers here since I've seen both sides do this in many different places, and it's very annoying to see. It's the reason why I can't stomach going back to certain fandoms anymore, even if I adore the series, I just can't handle how the people act like everything is wrong or everything is perfect.

MHA's fandom hasn't gotten that bad yet, at least to my knowledge, but I hope it never gets to that point.

Note: I'm saying this because I hoping that people will keep their heads on straight and not get worked up over a fictional story that's meant for entertainment.

Back