• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Screenshot_20230717-080042_TikTok.jpg

I guess so but she’s still stated to be at 3 tons in ultra analysis.

The implication to me seems like her weight limit just went up now.
It’s the same case as Iida being transonic. The author just doesn’t know what he’s talking about at times. I’d understand if maybe she lifted like 10 tons of something then it could be written off, but she has feats of lifting over 100 tons, and iirc she has even lifted entire cars/busses which are WAY over 3 tons.

Do you actually think Uraraka has not improved whatsoever, despite all of her training? And that Tiger has been keeping track of her progress enough to say her limit can only be 3 tons? Despite the fact that Tiger's statement doesn't mean what you think it does? Tiger calls back to what he knows, which is the training camp.

I don't see why you're assuming Tiger is meant to be pure fact in this case. If he hadn't called back the camp I'd believe this was just another error on Horikoshi's part. But having him mention the camp tells me this is just Tiger as a character giving his own statement based on what he knows. Which is the training camp.

She has multiple feats that place her above 3 tons. So we wouldn't be downgrading her over one statement.

Edit: If that was the narrator I would've flipped.

It’s the same case as Iida being transonic. The author just doesn’t know what he’s talking about at times. I’d understand if maybe she lifted like 10 tons of something then it could be written off, but she has feats of lifting over 100 tons, and iirc she has even lifted entire cars/busses which are WAY over 3 tons.
Is lifting over a 100 tons from Heroes Rising?

Cars can actually weigh as little as 1.5 tons and she’s never lifted a bus in the manga.

Do you actually think Uraraka has not improved whatsoever, despite all of her training? And that Tiger has been keeping track of her progress enough to say her limit can only be 3 tons? Despite the fact that Tiger's statement doesn't mean what you think it does? Tiger calls back to what he knows, which is the training camp.

I don't see why you're assuming Tiger is meant to be pure fact in this case. If he hadn't called back the camp I'd believe this was just another error on Horikoshi's part. But having him mention the camp tells me this is just Tiger as a character giving his own statement based on what he knows. Which is the training camp.

She has multiple feats that place her above 3 tons. So we wouldn't be downgrading her over one statement.
The only over 3 ton feat she has before now is from Heroes Rising. I don’t recall any others.

She of course has improved since she can float herself very easily now. Tiger’s statement in conjunction with Ultra Analysis does sound like she was supposed to have just raised her weight limit now.

Is lifting over a 100 tons from Heroes Rising?

Cars can actually weigh as little as 1.5 tons and she’s never lifted a bus in the manga.
In the manga I always assumed Uraraka made the bus that Deku lifted flaot, due to it’s weird positioning along with the fact that Deku jumping around (how he moves) would make it heavily unstable. It even looks like it’s floating.

The anime however shows that Uraraka directly touches it and make it float, so take it with a grain of salt.

How many of u guys think All Might will somehow survive his fight with AFO
I personally do. I think he might actually win. With knowledge of most of his quirks and the new age technology he might counter most of his quirks and keep up with him in raw power. He’s there to stall him and sitting and talking isn’t going to help.

I’m banking on my boy AM. He’s dedicated himself to living for Midoriya, that won’t get thrown away now that the end is coming. I also think he still needs to talk to Shigaraki, and if anything THAT would be when he dies.

My goat is gonna stall AFO out hard, I trust. Or at least get him to the point that he HAS to get to Shigaraki rather than kill AM due to his time limit.

I personally do. I think he might actually win. With knowledge of most of his quirks and the new age technology he might counter most of his quirks and keep up with him in raw power. He’s there to stall him and sitting and talking isn’t going to help.
All Might’s technology when AFO warps his body out of existence with his spatial distortion quirk: 🤥🤥🤥

1. So people are salty about Toga dying?
2. Is this Horikoshi's way of "redeeming" Toga?
If she lives, I guess the only option is prison or death row since the law still works in MHA. There's no way any of the villains are getting away with what they did.

In the end, I could see Spinner and Compress being the only LOV members to survive mostly cause Spinner is already K.Oed now and Compress is safe in jail.

Dabi might die the next time we go back to the Todoroki's after some closure with his family (right now Dabi, Endeavor, and Shoto are all unconscious).

Cause if he lives, it will be a wretched life for him with the kind of injuries he has now.

His skin and even part of muscle are gone. His face is cracked and possibly missing one of his eyes and his arm is gone too. Also I doubt his d*ck survived lol.

And I doubt Eri is wasting a chance to rewind someone on him.

Unless Horikoshi hates him, it's best to just let him pass on after he gets his closure.

Shigaraki definitely dying against AFO. Master and disciple die together.

I can see Deku vs Shiggy being interrupted when they sense AFO vs All Might happening.

Deku wants to save All Might so he will want to go over and help.

Shigaraki probably wants revenge against AFO and wants to take down All Might so he will also go towards AFO/All Might.

We might get a 3 way battle or even a battle royale depending on if All Might is taken out before Deku and Shiggy meet up with AFO.

It'd be very stupid to redact the death scene when the entire narration in this chapter, from toga's perspective and the parallels between her and Jin are telling what HK wants to convey with Toga's closure

It's quite satisfying, again similar parallels to Twice and Ochako achieving her heroism by being able to reach out and make Toga's heart lighter

Yea I think this is the best conclusion in the series. Bakugous would have been better if there wasn’t that stupid Edgeshot revival

so fyi in the star and stripe calc thread in was concluded this version of the calc was the best to go with

So it seems we'll have the final arc 100% be high 6-C at 139 Gigatons

100% from the heroes rising recalc as we know would've already been upgraded with the 3.49 Gigatons at high 7-A+ so like considering he'd already been considerably and much vastly stronger than his heroes rising self currently then even without the star and stripe shit he may have just been baseline 6-C without it tbh considering the 3.49 to 4.3 gigaton difference is less than the difference between 45% and 100% with the former being 1.23x times higher and the latter being 2.22x higher

The 3.49 gigantons calc is just for the "lip" of the storm, which until now was never calculated, the feat as a whole is still High 6-C.
oh nice real shit didn't know that well then that's two high 6-C ones and **** imagine that having just 6-C upscaling from the lip of the storm, the rating is definitely legit

Back