• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

While I think the rule is fine in general, should "Mina Ashido dodging it" even be kept? It's not really a great "argument" since if it was light speed she would simply scale anyway. of course I don't mind keeping it, just wondering ig
It shows how it would be an outlier, even if its properties were like actual lasers.

Since the fastest feats of the God Tiers in this series are vastly below Mina's feat in that case, which obviously makes no sense.

It shows how it would be an outlier, even if its properties were like actual lasers.

Since the fastest feats of the God Tiers in this series are vastly below Mina's feat in that case, which obviously makes no sense.
Then, wouldn't a better example be simply adding that guns are a threat to lower tier characters?

While I think the rule is fine in general, should "Mina Ashido dodging it" even be kept? It's not really a great "argument" since if it was light speed she would simply scale anyway. of course I don't mind keeping it, just wondering ig

That's not how powerscaling works. I cannot think it'd be a good idea to just thoughtlessly upgrade Mina to lightspeed without even checking for consistency, anti-feats, etc.

Strangely didn't get a notification.

That looks alright to me.
Sure. That's fine.
Okay. I have applied my rewrite.

Last edited:
That's not how powerscaling works. I cannot think it'd be a good idea to just thoughtlessly upgrade Mina to lightspeed without even checking for consistency, anti-feats, etc.
Which would only make it better if you pointed out why. (Eg. Guns are a threat to low tiers)

Sure, some who have already debated it might see it not being a good idea but not people who are checking the rules for the first time and whatnot. (Which also often times gets backlash outside the forum if they aren't well explained)

But eh don't care anymore.

And frankly, I don't think the Mina fight even applies as a way to "stop" Navel Laser as it only exists in the anime.

In the manga there isn't any moment where Mina actually dodges Navel Laser after it is fired. Every time she is shown dodging the laser is always fully extended.

I think the movies scenes are much more "reliable" in scaling Navel Laser than anime original scenes.

Why does this calc keep getting brought up? The radius of 70km for the gap in the clouds is clearly inconsistent with every other panel of the gap afterwards where it's only a mile wide at best. I'm pretty sure this has been brought up multiple times. It can't be used
You clearly don't look at the profiles.

This calc was accepted in this thread between calc group members and is currently in use on the profiles due to this CRT.

Your same reasoning was mentioned in that thread, and it was agreed the initial cloud split panel is the most accurate to use.

Stop looking.

The drop kick wasn't something I wanted to do and that's all I'll say about it.

That explosion stuff was something I really wanted to do, since I'm learning about this stuff and find it exciting.

Bakugo's feat was just a good target to test out what I'm doing.

Stop looking.

That explosion stuff was something I really wanted to do, since I'm learning about this stuff and find it exciting.

I guess.
It does make the gap between 5% and 10% less fukky though.

Stop looking.
No I need more Research

ok but would it change the WHM Feat?
All in All, you're carrying the AP upgrades right now

Ok so I see how’s this is gonna go down.
1. All might dies
2. Shigaraki undergoes either another transformation or a big powerup
3. Deku starts losing badly (they were dead even beforehand)
4. Deku sees vestige of AM and everyone again
5. Deku “learns” from the vestige of AM and is able to go”even further beyond” of AFO
6. Deku beats Shigaraki (how it goes idk)
7. Deku and Uraraka confess and kiss
8. Timeskip
9. The End

Last edited:
Ok so I see how’s this is gonna go down.
1. All might dies
2. Shigaraki undergoes either another transformation or a big powerup
3. Deli starts losing badly (they were dead even beforehand)
4. Deku sees vestige of AM and everyone again
5. Deku “learns” from the vestige of AM and is able to go”even further beyond” of AFO
6. Deku beats Shigaraki (how it goes idk)
7. Deku and Uraraka confess and kiss
8. Timeskip
9. The End
The most Shonen of Shonen endings

This was literal facts.

FSDB7_IaAAAIbEd.jpg:large

/j it was too good to pass up

I don't like a support tool being able to match AFO. But this is probably gonna lead to a pretty good moment

This may have been said by people but my prediction is that although Toshinori will lose Bakugo, he will get up before Afo arrives and will be his opponent.

Most of the criticisms against Midoriya is just him crying (which has never stopped him from being competent when it actually matters and doesn't make someone a bad character)

I like the idea of an inherently awkward and vulnerable teen who tries to embody a greater ideal
That was literally the entire idea behind Spider-Man's conception and look at how he turned out.

Back