• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Exactly, quite a few things are stated to be light speed, even stuff not related to light (Kuma's fruit, Sparking Valkyrie, and Henry Blazer), so OP is lucky Oda is quite generous with the Light speed stuff. Heck another Light speed thing is Foxy's slow slow beams since they fill every criteria to be EM Waves iirc.

Still surprised Hori still hasn't done a light speed feat or statement for the god tiers though (outside of maybe the 'law bending speed' of Gearshift).
Heck if we use the anime, the raid suit boosters have LS statements as well lol.

To be fair that's spoon feeding info which isn't good when writing a story.
What One Piece has over MHA is people specifying Lightspeed whenever a light based attack was used.

Like if Aoyama or the narrator mentioned his lasers were Lightspeed at every turn.

Or if Flect and Nine called their lasers Lightspeed.

Same for the American Jets and even AFO's cataclysmic light blast.

However, while there are several mentions of supersonic or faster than a bullet or faster than sound or transonic (shudder), Horikoshi never makes any direct reference to Lightspeed.

One Piece being lightspeed is in of itself still highly debated outside of this wiki/forum, same goes for the entire HST really. All three stories have plenty of anti-feats. But at least they have actual, concrete light speed references.

Well since I'm the one that asked the question originally ig I should give my answer too.

I scale MHA (or more correctly Deku and Shigaraki) at at least Continental to Multi-Continental

And at least ftl to ftl+ speed.

That's like baseline, I wouldn't go lower than that

At a midball I would scale MHA at Multi-Continental to Moon level

With mftl to mftl+ speed

And a highball at Small-Planetary to Planetary

With mftl+ speed

Of course this is a highball so it's not where I would normally scale MHA. I normally scale them at Multi-Continental to Moon level with mftl+ speed. But I don't see it as wrong to scale them there.

And of course this is for the God tiers Deku and Shigaraki specifically.
I wanna know why

edit: nvm read your other comment

True, when Vegeta said he was going to blow the Earth up, that was spoon-feeding info, and really, that was everyone's least favorite moment in the Saiyan Saga.

But seriously, how are in-verse scientists and irl databooks meant to stop feeding info?
I am going to blow up the planet isn't really spoon feeding info. Something like this laser moves at light speed is spoon feeding because well that term laser already implies it is a beam of light, any more words are a waste of breath.

I am going to blow up the planet isn't really spoon feeding info. Something like this laser moves at light speed is spoon feeding because well that term laser already implies it is a beam of light, any more words are a waste of breath.
I mean if a writer wanted to emphasize just how hopeless a fight against someone or something is because it uses lasers that move at lightspeed that is a perfectly valid reason to bring up it being lightspeed

How is giving info on the speed of an attack gonna detract from a story?
"This laser is light speed" No shit sherlock that is how fast a beam of light is. If the narrator or character has to state a laser being light speed then well it's kinda dumb. It like saying oh look the ice is cold or this lava is hot.

I mean if a writer wanted to emphasize just how hopeless a fight against someone or something is because it uses lasers that move at lightspeed that is a perfectly valid reason to bring up it being lightspeed
True but I am pretty sure laser is standard tech in MHA seeing as both US military and terrorist cults outside Japan use them. Also not really. Move away from lasers and apply this too say guns.

"Oh my god he has a gun, get down everyone !!!"
vs
"Oh my god he has a gun that fires supersonic lead projectiles, get down everyone !!!"

Yeah which sounds like the better dialogue option that a person would really say ?

True but I am pretty sure laser is standard tech in MHA seeing as both US military and terrorist cults outside Japan use them. Also not really. Move away from lasers and apply this too say guns.

"Oh my god he has a gun, get down everyone !!!"
vs
"Oh my god he has a gun that fires supersonic lead projectiles, get down everyone !!!"

Yeah which sounds like the better dialogue option that a person would really say ?
That isn't really the same thing as emphasizing the speed of the projectile in the way I am saying. An author saying "Haha you can't beat me Luffy! I shoot lasers!" and "Haha you can't beat me Luffy! My lasers move at the speed of light!" the obvious intention of the second sentence is to emphasize the speed of the attack in context of "hopelessness" of fighting them. Of course you can argue that the first sentence implies the same, but there is nothing wrong with an author explicitly making it clear what they are referring to as the reason for the antagonist in this situation being unbeatable. Also "natural dialogue" isn't always a standard or necessary thing, especially in shonen.

That isn't really the same thing as emphasizing the speed of the projectile in the way I am saying. An author saying "Haha you can't beat me Luffy! I shoot lasers!" and "Haha you can't beat me Luffy! My lasers move at the speed of light!" the obvious intention of the second sentence is to emphasize the speed of the attack in context of "hopelessness" of fighting them. Of course you can argue that the first sentence implies the same, but there is nothing wrong with an author explicitly making it clear what they are referring to as the reason for the antagonist in this situation being unbeatable. Also "natural dialogue" isn't always a standard or necessary thing, especially in shonen.
If some mf goes "you can't beat me, I have lasers," and another mf goes "You cannot surpass the speed of light!", the second is scarier.

Chapter Title is apparently "History's Craziest Hero" not "Strongest Hero"

Also
1. Gear Shift finally shown slowing things down. Deku uses it to slow down the speed of Smokescreen's dissipation.

2. Danger Sense's weakness has also been confirmed again. Basically multiple simultaneous attacks will have it going off constantly making it hard for the user to pick out which danger to evade/counter/block.

3. Search's feature of seeing an opponent's weakness has finally been shown in action.

Shigaraki's durability does not scale at all to Deku's current AP.

Like they ain't in the same dimension. If this fight was a basic fist fight and Shigaraki didn't have Decay + AFO quirks, he would lose like instantaneously.

Now we don't know if Shigaraki is using any strength or defense quirks but he definitely does need them if he is to match Deku's current raw output.

Ok so, things we learned:

Deku can apply Gearshift to things that aren’t physical like smoke, further proving his NPI. That or it’s just cause it’s coming from him that he can affect it but either way it’s something to look into.

Raw 100% punches one shot Shigaraki and he could instantly kill him with a single attack if he wanted but is holding back cause he wants to save him.

New Order is still around in AFO, pointing somewhere into the dark, and Kudo now wants Deku to give up OFA. A plan has been set in place and it’s going to lead to something insane. It’s not some “you will be Quirkless forever” bs either I’m sure, since “giving it up” means giving it to Shigaraki.

Either they self destruct Shigaraki, which won’t line up with Deku’s ideals or explains Kudo’s shocked face… or there’s something in the vestige world they can see that will help Deku save him but requires him to temporarily lose OFA for them to cook it up.

This might lead into that failsafe that AFO has within Shigaraki.

Consider me insanely hyped.

Both.

There is no hero out there that could keep up with their level of speed or power, they would get bodied the instant they tried to do anything. It would be the Shigaraki UA rampage but worse.

Also none of the heroes that COULD maybe do something are available. All the top tiers are beaten down, exhausted and broken. Only people still fighting is the Sero group who do not have anyone of note.

Last edited:
The Limb breaker sure deserves that title
Chapter Title is apparently "History's Craziest Hero" not "Strongest Hero"

Also
1. Gear Shift finally shown slowing things down. Deku uses it to slow down the speed of Smokescreen's dissipation.

2. Danger Sense's weakness has also been confirmed again. Basically multiple simultaneous attacks will have it going off constantly making it hard for the user to pick out which danger to evade/counter/block.

3. Search's feature of seeing an opponent's weakness has finally been shown in action.

Pretty insane chapter. Deku’s strategy is big brain and Shigaraki is on demon time. I wonder what “Let go of One For All” means? Giving the Quirks of OFA to Shigaraki? Giving all of OFA to Shigaraki? Honestly Deku sacrificing all his power to beat Shigaraki would probably line up with the messaging of doing whatever it takes. The vestige Deku would be inside Shigaraki to reach his inner sadness while outside Deku would use the last remnants of his power to beat Shigaraki up…

I dunno, I don’t want Deku to lose his power, but I can absolutely see that happening at this point…

I was reading up on Gearshift and decided to calc Deku's ke for fun. Since gear shift removes inertia Deku would accelerate to his top speed Instantly, so I use plank time to figure out acceleration and used Mach 17000 as final speed, then got KE. Which comes at about 65 million Foe. Holy freaking super crap.

Pretty sure he’s specifically NOT going to do anything that kills Shigaraki. We just had a speech about how anyone else would use full power and instantly kill Shigaraki but Deku says that’s not the solution to the problem. It’s why he’s crazy, he shouldn’t be trying but he still is.

Killing Shigaraki, at least like this, is something he isn’t going to do. By “giving up OFA,” and with New Order appearing and pointing (seemingly at the door behind the OFA thrones), it’s likely referring to passing OFA on to Shigaraki or letting him take it.

I assume they’re gonna fight one last time with Deku forcing OFA onto Shigaraki (as that was one of the conditions All Might gave; OFA can be forcibly given) and then we’ll see what happens next.

I wonder if Deku forcing One For All on Shigaraki would have different repercussions to if Shigaraki stole it with All For One. Presumably the vestiges would be almost completely under his control if he absorbed the Quirk, but if he was forcibly given it then perhaps they could retain free will.

Back