• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Pretty sure he’s specifically NOT going to do anything that kills Shigaraki. We just had a speech about how anyone else would use full power and instantly kill Shigaraki but Deku says that’s not the solution to the problem. It’s why he’s crazy, he shouldn’t be trying but he still is.

Killing Shigaraki, at least like this, is something he isn’t going to do. By “giving up OFA,” and with New Order appearing and pointing (seemingly at the door behind the OFA thrones), it’s likely referring to passing OFA on to Shigaraki or letting him take it.

I assume they’re gonna fight one last time with Deku forcing OFA onto Shigaraki (as that was one of the conditions All Might gave; OFA can be forcibly given) and then we’ll see what happens next.
Idk. Gran Torino had a quote that said “Killing someone can also be saving them”, and it hasn’t been put into action so I think it could be a good opportunity

Shigaraki is iredeemable yes... But Deku's trying to save and understand him so that this never happens again. Shigaraki is a result of the flaws in this world and Deku wants to understand him so that he can make a world in which a Shigaraki is never born again. Obviously this is an crazy notion, but that's who Deku is, everyone in the story is literally telling him not to be this way, but Deku says he will give up everything for this. Some may hate this idea, but I kinda love how the story acknowledges that Deku is an insane, crazy, and unhealthy version of a savior. He is a very flawed individual, but I am very excited to see how this fight plays out. I do want one big final attack that does defeat Shigaraki, but what ultimately ends him will probably be something entirely different. I do hope we have at least 3-5 more chapters of the fight, but I could definitely see it ending pretty soon. But I do think this will end with Deku breaking through to Shigaraki and having Shigaraki choose to end himself

Okay, nice to see Izuku actually using Blackwhip inside of himself like they said he did during the All-Out War Arc against Shigaraki last time. Also, Izuku using his maximum Fa Jin's wind pressure and wasn't him about to use 100% like some thought is interesting.

There is no mention of percentage here, but it's confirmed Izuku can indeed kill Shigaraki with a max power attack. His Fa Jin punched just tore straight through Shiggy's arm like tissue paper, could've take his head off if he desired to. Danger Sense's weakness is simple but good, multiple attacks make it difficult to decide which one should be avoided over the other. Any attack is treated the same so weak attacks meant as feints still set it off like normal attacks. Shigaraki saw multiple Blackwhips coming at him and felt Izuku coming above, but he didn't know what all of them were and how to avoid it.

This isn't future sight so he doesn't know what the attack is, he just knows that one is coming from a certain direction.

Nice to see Izuku slow something down, even if it was just some smoke. And that he can use Gearshift on multiple things, as he used it on himself while using it on the smoke. We're seeing lots of abilities actually, Search's ability to know a person's weakness is great to finally see. I almost thought Horikoshi forgot about it.

That maximum Fa Jin release could've likely ended Shigaraki if Izuku was a cold hearted person. Even the wind pressure generated from it hurt him. Also, looks like he uses the same ring Quirk AFO was using to stop himself and propel himself after being launched away. I wonder what kind of Quirk that is, looks like it sling shotted him.

Also yeah, Shigaraki is decaying through his feet after all now.

Star and Stripe? I have literally no idea what this is leading up to since that final line can have multiple outcomes.

All I've seen so far proves to me that Deku is just #1 in the verse 100% now... Like honestly he's holding back and still has the power to disintegrate Shigaraki with his raw power... Dude could definitely kill Shigaraki if he wanted... He just doesn't want to. Even the constant statements of Overdrive being the end of Deku are lies... Dude's used it so many times and he's still standing...

Okay, nice to see Izuku actually using Blackwhip inside of himself like they said he did during the All-Out War Arc against Shigaraki last time. Also, Izuku using his maximum Fa Jin's wind pressure and wasn't him about to use 100% like some thought is interesting.

There is no mention of percentage here, but it's confirmed Izuku can indeed kill Shigaraki with a max power attack. His Fa Jin punched just tore straight through Shiggy's arm like tissue paper, could've take his head off if he desired to. Danger Sense's weakness is simple but good, multiple attacks make it difficult to decide which one should be avoided over the other. Any attack is treated the same so weak attacks meant as feints still set it off like normal attacks. Shigaraki saw multiple Blackwhips coming at him and felt Izuku coming above, but he didn't know what all of them were and how to avoid it.

This isn't future sight so he doesn't know what the attack is, he just knows that one is coming from a certain direction.

Nice to see Izuku slow something down, even if it was just some smoke. And that he can use Gearshift on multiple things, as he used it on himself while using it on the smoke. We're seeing lots of abilities actually, Search's ability to know a person's weakness is great to finally see. I almost thought Horikoshi forgot about it.

That maximum Fa Jin release could've likely ended Shigaraki if Izuku was a cold hearted person. Even the wind pressure generated from it hurt him. Also, looks like he uses the same ring Quirk AFO was using to stop himself and propel himself after being launched away. I wonder what kind of Quirk that is, looks like it sling shotted him.

Also yeah, Shigaraki is decaying through his feet after all now.

Star and Stripe? I have literally no idea what this is leading up to since that final line can have multiple outcomes.
I suppose the action of having Blackwhip store Fa Jin inside his arm is what made it break. “Maximum Fa Jin” is when it’s strong enough to shatter his equipment, meaning that attack was even stronger than his prior Overdrives. And Nana implies he can store even more power than that so his upper limit is really undefined right now for Fa Jin.

Shiggy has actually been using that Ring Quirk since last chapter when he punched Deku to Mt. Fuji, seems to be a very strong speed/strength amp.
All I've seen so far proves to me that Deku is just #1 in the verse 100% now... Like honestly he's holding back and still has the power to disintegrate Shigaraki with his raw power... Dude could definitely kill Shigaraki if he wanted... He just doesn't want to. Even the constant statements of Overdrive being the end of Deku are lies... Dude's used it so many times and he's still standing...
Yeah he could have ended Shigaraki several times at this point by building up Blackwhip and using Max Fajin right to his dome.

And yeah the Gearshift drawback keeps being brought up but Deku is still fighting. He literally can’t breathe and is just doubling down on his resolve.

This kinda puts Fa Jin's potential even above Gear Shift. It's just that Fa Jin requires build up but clearly the upper limit is way way higher than the Gear Shift boost.
I think Gearshift was still active when he did the Maximum Fa Jin Delaware Smash, so I think Deku used the amp from Gearshift to boost the energy stored up in Fa Jin even more. Fa Jin lowkey nutz with it's potential.

This kinda puts Fa Jin's potential even above Gear Shift. It's just that Fa Jin requires build up but clearly the upper limit is way way higher than the Gear Shift boost.
Fa Jin and Gearshift both increase power and speed when used, but Fa Jin's is stronger and Gearshift is faster.

Five Gearshift punches was noted as being weaker than his previous single hit. While one Gearshift punch enhanced by Fa Jin blasted a hole through Shigaraki.

Of course both of them used together gives the best results. That's how I see this.

The idea that New Order wasn't actually destroyed and Star just made AFO believe is so ridiculous that I'd love to see it just so we can make fun of him some more.

However, I have zero idea on how her Quirk/Vestige being around will change anything here.

Ain't no way Horikoshi made New Order just so he can give it to his main character. Imagine having both the Remnants of OFA and New Order, that's crazy.

I say this is also one of my favorite panels, it showing how far Izuku has progress as he builds up for this attack is amazing.

And the sheer power in his fist being so great that the ground beneath it is being destroyed despite the fact he isn't even in contact with it.

IF Star and Stripe is up to something, I'm wondering how her power would transfer to Deku. I'm wondering if the others will combine with it and just jump back into Deku. However, maybe they're just going to find the way in, and she'll just jump through the gate. However, she might not even do that. It might just be one of the cases where they all just rebel and kill the AFO Quirk.

Ok so the new tier list is:

1. Deku (Stronger than Prime AM, has the ability to kill Shigaraki when not holding back with Fa Jin, Gearshift blitzes everybody except Shigaraki, strongest hero ever)
2. Shigaraki (Prime AM body + AFO Quirks + Decay, brutalizes everyone blow with ease, strongest villain ever)
3. Prime AM (Built different, hard blitzes and one taps everyone below, the literal gatekeeper between “top tier” and “god tier.”)
4. Star and Stripe (New Order broken, tough enough to endure anything other than Prime AM, can probably make rules that take out or incap AFO)
5. Prime/Rewind AFO (Lost to AM, went 1v50 against the heroes and barely lost, can’t die with drug, shockingly resilient)
6. Bakugo w/ Cluster (Speed is too high for people below, AP too low for people above except for AFO, not particularly stronger but intelligence and speed carry him far)
7. Shoto w/ Phosphor (Cooled down Dabi when he was gonna explode, overall tough enough to be right behind Bakugo, just lacks speed, enough AoE to take down most anyone, beat Dabi and probably would have stopped him from exploding at all if he kept fighting him)
8. Dabi (Stronger than Endeavor, hottest flames, learned Phosphor instantly and can self destruct to take everyone out)
9. Dark Shadow: Total Release (Biggest creature in the series, struck more AM tier fear into AFO than Endeavor did, strongest student physically besides Deku, severely damaged AFO though with help)
10. Endeavor (Was thrashing AFO at his peak and forced the rewind drug, PTSD of AM, consistently bodies high ends and is def the pinnacle of “normal heroes” in his generation)

Ok so the new tier list is:

1. Deku (Stronger than Prime AM, has the ability to kill Shigaraki when not holding back with Fa Jin, Gearshift blitzes everybody except Shigaraki, strongest hero ever)
2. Shigaraki (Prime AM body + AFO Quirks + Decay, brutalizes everyone blow with ease, strongest villain ever)
3. Prime AM (Built different, hard blitzes and one taps everyone below, the literal gatekeeper between “top tier” and “god tier.”)
4. Star and Stripe (New Order broken, tough enough to endure anything other than Prime AM, can probably make rules that take out or incap AFO)
5. Prime/Rewind AFO (Lost to AM, went 1v50 against the heroes and barely lost, can’t die with drug, shockingly resilient)
6. Bakugo w/ Cluster (Speed is too high for people below, AP too low for people above except for AFO, not particularly stronger but intelligence and speed carry him far)
7. Shoto w/ Phosphor (Cooled down Dabi when he was gonna explode, overall tough enough to be right behind Bakugo, just lacks speed, enough AoE to take down most anyone, beat Dabi and probably would have stopped him from exploding at all if he kept fighting him)
8. Dabi (Stronger than Endeavor, hottest flames, learned Phosphor instantly and can self destruct to take everyone out)
9. Dark Shadow: Total Release (Biggest creature in the series, struck more AM tier fear into AFO than Endeavor did, strongest student physically besides Deku, severely damaged AFO though with help)
10. Endeavor (Was thrashing AFO at his peak and forced the rewind drug, PTSD of AM, consistently bodies high ends and is def the pinnacle of “normal heroes” in his generation)
Shigaraki has Prime All Might Durability and Deku can just blow his arms off with a punch... Deku could solo everyone and that's insane

Late to the party.
The chapter looked great. Especially that max fa jin smash. Yeah Deku is insane. I mean shocker the maniac broke his hand multiple times to give Todoroki a pep talk, no way he is giving up on Shigaraki. But it is getting interesting. And yeah it's confirmed Deku is the Strongest, bar none. He at his strongest, is the one punch man of MHA.

Also it also assumes that Dabi's location has an equal amount of reinforced concrete buildings to NYC which is obviously absurd because he's in the middle of rural Japan and in a forest.

81.15 meters

And that reminds ME: did anyone calc Dabi’s self destruction where he would have vaporized everything around him.
Well that also Reminds me, no one has calced Great Glacial Ageir yet. You know, the strongest Ice movie in the series. I also want Deku's Faxu 100% feat to be re-calced with Nagant's new bullet speed. I think the calc stacking page said that calcs for projectiles can be used.

Well that also Reminds me, no one has calced Great Glacial Ageir yet. You know, the strongest Ice movie in the series. I also want Deku's Faxu 100% feat to be re-calced with Nagant's new bullet speed. I think the calc stacking page said that calcs for projectiles can be used.
Only works if you're using the speed of the projectile at the same time as the character dodged it.

Only works if you're using the speed of the projectile at the same time as the character dodged it.
Oh ok. So we are just gonna forget that Deku did that feat and just leave a "higher" note there without ever specifying how many times higher.

I think Calcs things like Sci fi guns should be allow. You can't really use the excuse of character choosing to move slower since it's a bullet.

Great Glacial Aegir has no usable AP, it's just a temperature feat that doesn't scale to anything. It's also smaller and less impressive looking than his ice wall at the U.A. Festival. As the ice is only covering the ground and buildings for one city block. While his ice wall would be greater than three city blocks.

The one used to stop Dabi's blast is also not really anything either.

Calc stacking is our rules, we cannot use the bullet speed we calculate. The reason it's usually disregarded is because it has shown itself inconsistent many times and usually gives inflated results. Through the method any long running franchises could also scale their stats infinitely upwards without actually ever showing any feats in the range they are listed.

The issue isn't about speed changing, it's by how it gives inconsistent results the majority of the time.

Great Glacial Aegir has no usable AP, it's just a temperature feat that doesn't scale to anything. It's also smaller and less impressive looking than his ice wall at the U.A. Festival. As the ice is only covering the ground and buildings for one city block. While his ice wall would be greater than three city blocks.

The one used to stop Dabi's blast is also not really anything either.

Calc stacking is our rules, we cannot use the bullet speed we calculate. The reason it's usually disregarded is because it has shown itself inconsistent many times and usually gives inflated results. Through the method any long running franchises could also scale their stats infinitely upwards without actually ever showing any feats in the range they are listed.

The issue isn't about speed changing, it's by how it gives inconsistent results the majority of the time.
Eh well I will use that calc in debate anyway. It's only logical. You speed past the bullet then you are that much faster than it. I guess it wouldn't have that great result in AP so yeah.

Also on the point of "It has shown itself to inconsistent" It really hasn't. Nagant really only has calculable one feat. Plus there are better feats, like the plethora of laser feats.

Back