• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I find it really nice that the official translations clarify that Shigaraki didn't have Tenko accept his new perspective and now he's the same as Shigaraki, but clarified that Shigaraki burried Tenko deep within his heart and is choosing to reject him completely. And in response to that, Deku is saying that if Shigaraki is fully gone, then why is that sadness still inside him. Deku KNOWS Tenko is still in there and Shigaraki is just hiding him. So that's why he's not going for the kill. It's not that Deku is hoping Tenko's still inside, he knows he is, so he knows there's still a chance to save him. Basically Deku's gonna keep punching away the old personalities to get to Tenko.

Who at this point, we've seen is deep down in Shigaraki's heart and is asking for Midoriya. Tenko and Shigaraki are very clearly different personalities at this point.

Yall think this means current bakugo is faster than shigaraki?

ffmGgOq.png
Current Shigaraki is on par with Gear Shift Deku since he can combine the All Might level Body enhancements with AFO speed quirks.

At most one could argue for Bakugo being faster than Quirkless Shiggy but once Shiggy gets access to quirks, he can basically stack his speed.

Current Shigaraki is on par with Gear Shift Deku since he can combine the All Might level Body enhancements with AFO speed quirks.

At most one could argue for Bakugo being faster than Quirkless Shiggy but once Shiggy gets access to quirks, he can basically stack his speed.
Who's the fastest characters in the series in your opinion
Like your top 10

He missed out on the power-ups everyone was getting in this arc.

At least during PLFW I used to put him in the top 10 but now...

YES, BLACK WHIP ARMOR THAT LETS HIM MOVE BEYOND THE GEARSHIFT DRAWBACK LETS GOOOO!!!

Much slower chapter than I thought and New Order only really used to point out the crack in Shigaraki’s mental. There is an “ember” of her inside Shigaraki though so that’s good to know.

Plan is to basically punch OFA into Shigaraki to destroy his cracked layer of hatred, losing the Quirks but keeping the strength. Kudou wants to go first as a test since if Deku transfers it, Shigaraki can’t use it as it’ll be a “4th use” which would be a worse drawback than Deku is experiencing. That’s a pretty funny way to use a power, just spam Gearshift, hit the limit then give it to the enemy lol.

Blackwhip is STILL stupid strong and cut Shigaraki’s arm off despite no Fa Jin (once again showing it can be a blade). And now we have Deku coated in Blackwhip, looking like a villain once again, with the Gearshift Quirk Factor shining in the palm of his hand ready for transfer.

So the stage is set. Deku will keep the super strength no matter what happens, but he has to effectively force the other Quirks into Shigaraki to widen that crack in his mental. Plan seems too straightforward so if it works then I’m certain he’ll get the Quirks back once AFO activates his “failsafe” in response to the vestige world clashing.

Horikoshi is cooking too much I can’t eat it all.

YES, BLACK WHIP ARMOR THAT LETS HIM MOVE BEYOND THE GEARSHIFT DRAWBACK LETS GOOOO!!!

Much slower chapter than I thought and New Order only really used to point out the crack in Shigaraki’s mental. There is an “ember” of her inside Shigaraki though so that’s good to know.

Plan is to basically punch OFA into Shigaraki to destroy his cracked layer of hatred, losing the Quirks but keeping the strength. Kudou wants to go first as a test since if Deku transfers it, Shigaraki can’t use it as it’ll be a “4th use” which would be a worse drawback than Deku is experiencing. That’s a pretty funny way to use a power, just spam Gearshift, hit the limit then give it to the enemy lol.

Blackwhip is STILL stupid strong and cut Shigaraki’s arm off despite no Fa Jin (once again showing it can be a blade). And now we have Deku coated in Blackwhip, looking like a villain once again, with the Gearshift Quirk Factor shining in the palm of his hand ready for transfer.

So the stage is set. Deku will keep the super strength no matter what happens, but he has to effectively force the other Quirks into Shigaraki to widen that crack in his mental. Plan seems too straightforward so if it works then I’m certain he’ll get the Quirks back once AFO activates his “failsafe” in response to the vestige world clashing.

Horikoshi is cooking too much I can’t eat it all.
remember how deku got back one for all and the vestiges in the movie, yeah

Alright my current new prediction:

Deku and Shigaraki are going to fight, but because Deku is basically just a puppet for Blackwhip, he can get past Danger Sense as he’s not technically aiming to hit Shigaraki (as seen with how Danger Sense didn’t pop up this chapter and he lost his arm).

Deku is going to manage to get the Quirks into Shigaraki which will cause him to spaz out each time it happens making the fight harder but Deku will press on. Nana will be the last one to go in besides Banjo, Yoichi and All Might, being the one to crack that hatred wide open so Deku can talk to Tenko.

Whichever way the talk goes, because his shell of hatred is weaker, AFO’s vestige is gonna overpower Tenko to activate the “failsafe” and steal Banjo away from Deku before he or Tenko know what’s going on, and then we have Base OFA Deku vs whatever is going down with that failsafe, culminating in either all the Quirks being destroyed along with AFO when Deku wins or Deku recovering them with Tenko’s help.

Oh and obviously, once again, Shigaraki brings up how New Order SHOULD be gone but isn’t.

Focusing more on the “someone will inherit that will of heroism.” A “someone” that Tenko responded to with “Midoriya.” And now he’s realizing that he still has Star’s ember within him.

That’s absolutely setting up that Deku will be inheriting Star’s heroic will, likely in a literal sense by having him acquire that ember of New Order, which would turn back into a flame with the power of OFA.

The fact that she’s already seemingly connected to OFA more than the other Quirks, enough to give All Might prophetic dreams from across the country, is just adding fuel to this.

Well well well, looks like this fight has only just begun and we ain’t anywhere near the end. Deku’s gonna be forcefully giving Shigaraki the vestige Quirks in order to damage him on the inside. I swear I saw this in an Undertale Fan Animation once. But anyways what a creative way to make the act of giving away OFA fight based. So basically Deku will fufill his promise of continuously shredding away the shell inside Shigaraki’s heart. I can’t wait to see some epic back and forth here. As for Deku’s new Black Whip Form… I mean come on Horikoshi, you gotta stop making Black Whip the coolest shit ever. Your clear favoritism for Black Whip has been non-stop man… Anyways it’s nice to know the fights still got a ways to go. Let’s end this one with a bang folks!

Blackwhip just keeps surpassing my expectations. At this point he might well use Black Whip bullets. Goated quirk. If Deku gets new order and it is amped by OFA it will probably far surpass the original new order. Like maybe increase the number of rules and unbound the limits to much higher levels (like being able to completely negate decay instead of just slow it down)

Also how the heck did Shigaraki get hit when he’s Gearshift level in speed but Deku’s Gearshift has run out? Is Blackwhip making him stupid fast? Caught off guard cause Danger Sense didn’t proc?

Also this new form turning him into a “puppet” for Blackwhip is cool since one of the translations for “Deku” is a “wooden puppet.”

This chapter really was yapping from Start to Finish (I know Horikoshi loves the full of conversation chapters way more than the fight ones).

But at least it looks like next week we will get Venom Deku vs Shigaraki.

Also Deku getting New Order seems to be a bust since it's confirmed the version of Star and Stripes we are seeing is just an ember.

Deku will use power transferall as a weapon to chip away at Shigaraki's mind. He can also transfer the gear Shift blowback to Shigaraki by giving him the quirk.

Also this pretty much confirms that taking and giving quirks is similar to grafting plants. You get the quirk factor in it's present state in every way. Hawks' quirk also proved this and it should also be the reason Shigaraki got all the info inside Search.

This chapter really was yapping from Start to Finish (I know Horikoshi loves the full of conversation chapters way more than the fight ones).

But at least it looks like next week we will get Venom Deku vs Shigaraki.

Also Deku getting New Order seems to be a bust since it's confirmed the version of Star and Stripes we are seeing is just an ember.

Deku will use power transferall as a weapon to chip away at Shigaraki's mind. He can also transfer the gear Shift blowback to Shigaraki by giving him the quirk.

Also this pretty much confirms that taking and giving quirks is similar to grafting plants. You get the quirk factor in it's present state in every way. Hawks' quirk also proved this and it should also be the reason Shigaraki got all the info inside Search.
Looks like there is a break next week 😭

Also how the heck did Shigaraki get hit when he’s Gearshift level in speed but Deku’s Gearshift has run out? Is Blackwhip making him stupid fast? Caught off guard cause Danger Sense didn’t proc?

Also this new form turning him into a “puppet” for Blackwhip is cool since one of the translations for “Deku” is a “wooden puppet.”
The past 2 chapters have basically made me re-evaluate the strength of each quirk again.

I always put Gear Shift at the top but last chapter we saw that Fa Jin has a much higher ceiling. It's just that it requires charge time.

Black Whip has also be used to slice Shiggy's finger off before and now it basically took off an entire arm. And now that Deku is basically using it all over his body, it can be considered a new powered-up form.

Back