• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Horikoshi really liked Insomniac's Spider Man 2 I'm guessing
7OHRwvd.jpg

eTXHOkC.jpg
You can see on the left of the panel something glowing inside Dekus hand. I think that's supposed to represent En. Seeing as he's represented as being on Dekus hand, I think we're about to see a brand new ability from OFA. I feel like Deku is going to touch Shigaraki on the face like AFO does and transfer Ens quirk to Shigaraki, like AFO. Which makes sense since OFA is related to AFO, and we know quirks can evolve. Plus OFA and AFO have been resonating and getting more and more connected, so I feel like it would make sense if OFA started showing similar base abilities like AFO.

You can see on the left of the panel something glowing inside Dekus hand. I think that's supposed to represent En. Seeing as he's represented as being on Dekus hand, I think we're about to see a brand new ability from OFA. I feel like Deku is going to touch Shigaraki on the face like AFO does and transfer Ens quirk to Shigaraki, like AFO. Which makes sense since OFA is related to AFO, and we know quirks can evolve. Plus OFA and AFO have been resonating and getting more and more connected, so I feel like it would make sense if OFA started showing similar base abilities like AFO.
I think it'll be more like Deku needing to literally PUNCH the vestiges of One For All into Shigaraki. That's how Kudo described the act of transfering the quirks in a way that would damage the inner world of Shigaraki.

I think it'll be more like Deku needing to literally PUNCH the vestiges of One For All into Shigaraki. That's how Kudo described the act of transfering the quirks in a way that would damage the inner world of Shigaraki.
I agree. The way it’s looking, he will be physically punching the vestiges into Shigaraki so they can basically body slam the crack Star made in his mental. Do it enough times and his shell of hatred will collapse and let Deku talk directly to the child Tenko.

Kudo is going first because Gearshift isn’t useful anymore and might actually be a debuff to Shigaraki if he tries to use it. Banjo is clearly being held as the last one to go because of Blackwhip’s versatility and being the only reason Deku can move despite the Gearshift recoil.

So we’re going my to see Blackwhip Puppet Deku fighting Shigaraki, with no Gearshift activated, trying to force the vestiges into his mental scape by physically hitting him, which Shigaraki likely isn’t going to take kindly to.

Chapter translations are out

“As you are now, you’re no match for him”

People who don’t read: “See guys, Shigaraki is stronger than Deku and is #1 in the verse, Deku can’t handle Shigaraki”

People who read: “Oh shoot, now that Gearshifts recoil has fully taken effect, Deku can’t handle Shigaraki anymore in a direct fight, if he was going for the kill earlier, he could of, but not now that he’s dealing with the terrible recoil of no breathing and slowed movements”

Chapter translations are out

“As you are now, you’re no match for him”

People who don’t read: “See guys, Shigaraki is stronger than Deku and is #1 in the verse, Deku can’t handle Shigaraki”

People who read: “Oh shoot, now that Gearshifts recoil has fully taken effect, Deku can’t handle Shigaraki anymore in a direct fight, if he was going for the kill earlier, he could of, but not now that he’s dealing with the terrible recoil of no breathing and slowed movements”
Are people seriously taking the statement to mean the first thing? I knew there was a reading problem in the MHA community but how much more obvious can it get lmao

Last chapter:
Nana: Charge up and kill him in one blow!
Shigaraki: If you hit me with one of those attacks I will literally die.
Deku: No! I will not kill him because I want to save him!

This chapter:
Kudo: As you are now, you are no match for him.
Deku right now: Can barely answer, breathe or move because of the Gearshift recoil
Also Deku 15 seconds later: Cuts Shigaraki’s arm off showing he could have sliced him into pieces with Blackwhip at any point throughout the entire fight instead of restraining him.

Some readers: Wow! I guess Shigaraki is stronger than Deku!

Like clearly they’re about equal base to base with Shigaraki pulling ahead with that slingshot ring Quirk, but Deku with everything else and going for the kill would body Shigaraki.

Do you guys think they should delay S7 to Late 2024 or 2025 since there are a LOT of fights this arc.
Considering I have no idea what the working conditions are for the staff, I cannot say for certain.

But it fits within a similar timeframe of Season 5 to Season 6 and the other Seasons as well.

So I don't see any issue as of yet.

I cannot say for certain, since, I'm going to be handling Tamaki's rating in a future CRT.

I don't think I did a good job with his scaling and for some other characters as well.
That sounds ominous
Do you guys think they should delay S7 to Late 2024 or 2025 since there are a LOT of fights this arc.
Whichever option makes the important moments look as good as possible is what I would like but just gonna temper my expectations. That 100% vs Shigaraki showed me that Bones can absolutely fumble badass moments in the middle of a good season.

b6tmzm2t90fc1.png

That's higher than 4000m easily one the most visually large feats in the main series. But we need bigger, Much bigger.
Still have a teensy bit of hope for the Dabi cloud being dispersed by them or something, since it still looks like it's there

Yeah the rain. Which looks great for the anime since it will give a darker background and plus a stormy environment is a very dynamic background.
Now that I think about it, I wouldn't really mind the next season starting off with the bright blue clouds since the whole Dabi thing would be a really good contrast. And it will show the part of the war where things get reallyyy crazy. I can't wait to see Shiggy vs Deku in the anime ngl.

I looked up AFO's vsbattle profile and he somehow has teleportation on it written as: Teleportation (Can teleport with his warping Quirk)

But last I checked, AFO can only teleport others to him. He himself can't teleport.

I looked up AFO's vsbattle profile and he somehow has teleportation on it written as: Teleportation (Can teleport with his warping Quirk)

But last I checked, AFO can only teleport others to him. He himself can't teleport.
If I remember correctly didn't he say he was going to teleport to Shigaraki ?

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't really mind the next season starting off with the bright blue clouds since the whole Dabi thing would be a really good contrast. And it will show the part of the war where things get reallyyy crazy. I can't wait to see Shiggy vs Deku in the anime ngl.
They are starting with the SS fight so yeah Bright blue sky.

To himself and to others, but yeah he can’t teleport his own body. So that should be adjusted.

I changed it.

It's just a hold over that was never updated. Since it's already mention in his Notable Attacks/Techniques section that he can only warp others to and from his location.

Man, just going through AFO's profile, there's so many abilities I want to see Shigaraki try.

Hori could make some insane combos with them if he wasn't so obsessed with only showcasing Decay and Regen.

Officials are out. A few ways I can see this going.

Either this all works good, Deku punches Gearshift into Shigaraki, hits the crack in his soul and Kudo is basically destroyed by it with no bonus to Shigaraki, or Deku punches him into Shigaraki, he either can’t reach or is blocked from the crack, but Gearshift isn’t usable cause of the recoil.

This could also be messed up by, perhaps, when he hits the crack he doesn’t get completely destroyed like he’s betting. Or maybe Shigaraki’s body/Quirks can make him able to withstand the blowback in which case it’s over. And even if he does hit the crack, how many other users need to be sacrificed for the same effect? A lot of ways this can go wrong or become not as much a detriment as they would hope.

Glad that the Gearshift recoil will be done once he manages to transfer it to Shigaraki, but the real fight starts when we see what happens to it afterwards.

Also, once again, the word “soul” is used in officials. One day we’ll accept that souls in MHA are a thing and that the vestige world isn’t just a mental thing but also spiritual.

Horikoshi so clever

Whenever I heard giving Shigaraki OFA to win the fight, I was like, well I guess the fights over cause Deku's just gonna hand him OFA and that'll win the day when he can talk no jutsu Shigaraki. But then Horikoshi goes on to be like "What if the transfer is an act of attacking within Shigaraki itself?" and I'm just flabbergasted. Deku isn't just talk no jutsuing anything, he's literally doing attack based power transfer to literally break someone's mental walls... That's just violent therapy guys... Horikoshi so smart

Horikoshi so clever

Whenever I heard giving Shigaraki OFA to win the fight, I was like, well I guess the fights over cause Deku's just gonna hand him OFA and that'll win the day when he can talk no jutsu Shigaraki. But then Horikoshi goes on to be like "What if the transfer is an act of attacking within Shigaraki itself?" and I'm just flabbergasted. Deku isn't just talk no jutsuing anything, he's literally doing attack based power transfer to literally break someone's mental walls... That's just violent therapy guys... Horikoshi so smart
Debilitating rehabilitation

Horikoshi so clever

Loid's concussion therapy.

Back