• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: We Shouldn't Be Scaling to the Elements of Harmony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until that thread is accepted, the agreed upon changes still need to be made. Is somebody experienced willing to make the changes?
I strongly agree with AKM. The downgrades quickly need to be applied and not swept under the carpet. You cannot just expect us to accept any unreliable upgrades just because you are persistent, and need to collaborate even when things do not go exactly as you want them to. Accuracy is by far preferable to bias and unreliability.

Just for the record, outside you 2 all the verse supports (which also includes staff) that have commented here agree with the upgrade
Is this a majority vote thing or not?

No. We make decisions by the consensus authority of the staff involved, combined with if the arguments hold to logical scrutiny. Supporters of a verse can recurrently enforce unwarranted extreme statistics wanking due to personal biases (and not caring about that the foremost principle of this site should always be reliability) otherwise.

Also, Matthew reevaluated to a neutral stance.

Amelia doesn't exist or discounted because she's a verse supporter then ig

Just for the record, outside you 2 all the verse supports (which also includes staff) that have commented here agree with the upgrade
Is this a majority vote thing or not?
Matthew later disagreed and the other verse supporters haven't really countered any of the points that were brought up against the upgrade after they FRA'd and dipped so no it does not work like that. If that were the case, canon DB would be 2-B because that verse has the most supporters who will all agree to it. Also, appeal to popularity.

I never said this should be passed due to majority vote, I asked if it's like that since I've seen it matter in the Minecraft CRT even tho both Agnaa and 2 other dudes disagreed with the rest

Also again Amelia does not count now?

Anyway, is somebody willing to apply the accepted changes? I am personally too overworked to do so.

Is there any reason for us to apply this downgrade though? If Light says that he found some stuff which will change things in other direction, isn’t it a bit counterproductive to change profiles one way, than almost instantly change them the other way (if his another crt will be successful)?

Keyword being "if" his CRT will be successful. We don't know that yet. But we know this CRT was successful. We don't need to wait for when Light will create another CRT, that's stonewalling. Changes can always be made in the future.

I just find it illogical to change profiles back and forth. Yes, if, but still.

If Light will state his reasonings here instead of creating a new thread (a la he is responding/debunking this one) will that be fine?

I strongly agree with AKM. The downgrades quickly need to be applied and not swept under the carpet. You cannot just expect us to accept any unreliable upgrades just because you are persistent, and need to collaborate even when things do not go exactly as you want them to. Accuracy is by far preferable to bias and unreliability.
And I did exactly that by conceding to being wrong about the mirror portal and moving on. Third time saying this: The only reason I'm backtracking is that I was confronted post-thread. I wouldn't have even made the thread if I wasn't prepared for a downgrade. It's just that some stuff came in at the last second from an off-site debate. You can call it bad timing.
Anyway, is somebody willing to apply the accepted changes? I am personally too overworked to do so.
Sure. It's not too many profiles to do. When it comes to linking pictures and sites, however, has anything changed?

@Antvasima If we're giving Star Swirl a "likely" High 3-A, then should I change the "possibly" on characters like Cadance and Twilight's page? The possibly rating was mainly because of scaling to tier 2, whereas tier 3 has explicit statements we can use.

Lightbuster30:

Thank you for collaborating and being reasonable. I appreciate it.

My apologies for likely being too harsh earlier. I have spent a ridiculous amount of effort organising the growth of this community almost from scratch, and what I consider most important in that endeavour is accuracy and reliability, so it is an ongoing trigger issue for me.

I think that you can remove the "possibly" ratings, yes.

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Just about nothing left as I can tell. I'm still of the opinion that characters who can fight the elements at full power may be "Likely 2-C" but I'll just leave that hanging for a while as I got other things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back