• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mythology Feats and Cosmology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly, but we likely do not have enough members who are both knowledgeable and dedicated enough for this subject.

Neonstar Norse Mythology blogs are pretty good.

Edit: Wait, not Norse Mythology, there was another guy who was revising Norse Mythology.

I'm still of the opinion that these kinds of files shouldn't be allowed (for more reasons than one). Unfortunately, I am in no position to argue over it.

Sera EX said:
I'm still of the opinion that these kinds of files shouldn't be allowed (for more reasons than one). Unfortunately, I am in no position to argue over it.
Do you feel the Jade Emperor profile is accurate and respectful enough to be used?

Sera EX said:
Yes, there's various sources and just as many interpretations of those sources. It's incredibly difficult and honestly not worth the effort to try and revise.
Sera is technically correct about this, but we would need to get quite a lot of staff support before we could delete all of the mythology pages.

Antvasima said:
Sera EX said:
Yes, there's various sources and just as many interpretations of those sources. It's incredibly difficult and honestly not worth the effort to try and revise.
Sera is technically correct about this, but we would need to get quite a lot of staff support before we could delete all of the mythology pages.
I'd be very sad to see the Mythology pages go, I feel they're a good way to get people into reading history and reading into the Culture to which they belong and would be unfair to the multitude of people (Including myself) who've put work into the profiles and read through the stories.

@udlmaster Isn't the Jade Emperor just an Assistant of the Three Pure Ones in Daoist theology? While I will not call myself an expert I don't think Jade Emperor has ever been the Supreme Diety or any Supreme Power of Tao. He is similar to Indra of Hinduism.

Immortalgodd said:
@udlmaster Isn't the Jade Emperor just an Assistant of the Three Pure Ones in Daoist theology?
He's their Avatar/Personificaito and was appointed by one of the Three Pure Ones.

He was supposedly an Assistant to Pangu, but I literally couldn't find any documentation on Pangu and seems to be a very small spin off of the Story.

I also did find another claim that there was another Emperor of Heaven before the Jade Emperor, but I again couldn't find any documentation for the claim.

There are many origin though. Most of which deals with him being an Immortal of Earth. IIRC he was picked by Yuanshi rather than being an avatar

Immortalgodd said:
There are many origin though. Most of which deals with him being an Immortal of Earth. IIRC he was picked by Yuanshi rather than being an avatar
Him being a Mortal and being the Avatar of the Three Heavenly Worthies do not contradict each other.

Yeah, I cleared it up. He seems to an avatar of the pristine ones. Though the 'master of the three pivots' is a bit iffy.

"The Jade Emperor is an avatar of the Three Pristine Ones. The relationship between them is like Emptiness ( ÞÖøþäí Xuwu ) preceding Subtle Being ( ÕªÖµ£ë Miaoyou ), Infinity ( þäíµÑÁ Wuji ) preceding the Supreme Ultimate ( Õñ¬µÑÁ Taiji ), Non-Interference ( þäíþé║ Wuwei ) preceding Interfering Action ( µ£ëþé║ Youwei ). Therefore, the Jade Emperor is the master of the three fundamentals in charge of the pivot of Heaven, Earth and Man. The Jade Emperor sends the Great Emperor of the North Pole Star of Purple Subtlety ( þ┤½Õ¥«ÕîùµÑÁÕñºÕ©Ø Ziwei Beifi Dadi ) to administer the longitudes and latitudes of Heaven and Earth; the Great Emperor of the Highest Palace of Polaris ( Õï¥ÚÖ│õ©èÕ««ÕñºÕ©Ø Gouchen Shanggong Dadi ) to administer the Three Powers of Heaven, Earth, and Man and to control wars; and the Imperial God of Earth ( ÕÉÄÕ£ƒþÜçÕ£░þÑç Houtu Huang Di Qi ) to administer births, land, and rivers. In general, all things, Heaven, Earth, Yin and Yang, and creation, are in the charge of the Jade Emperor." Does he have control over the Three Fundamental Pivots because it portrays him as having responsibility for them like a headmaster and his ward rather than having control.

Depends, as he is the fundamental principle of the Cosmos and all things exist as a part of himself.

So, all things are just extensions of himself so he should be able to control them.

I couldn't about that except a small offhand comment. In most of the datas Jade Emperor is just an assistant not an avatar. So, it is hard to think which should be taken.

Immortalgodd said:
I couldn't about that except a small offhand comment. In most of the datas Jade Emperor is just an assistant not an avatar. So, it is hard to think which should be taken.
Also, what is the document name for your citation.

And anyway, we could likely attribute both of them, as they're not contradictory either.

Its hard. Most of the history regarding him doesn't portray 1A. I think only composite could even reach that. In Buddhism he is counterpart to Indra of Hinduism. There will be another Jade Emperor after him. In most cases he is an Immortal whose deep cultivation made him an emperor. So, pick any

Immortalgodd said:
Its hard. Most of the history regarding him doesn't portray 1A. I think only composite could even reach that. In Buddhism he is counterpart to Indra of Hinduism. There will be another Jade Emperor after him. In most cases he is an Immortal whose deep cultivation made him an emperor. So, pick any
Okay, but what was your source for the paragraph you posted?

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Are we going to bump Sun Wukong to 1-A or no??
No, Buddha Sun is a "Non-being", as Sera so well described, they don't become one with everything, they remove themselves from everything and become one with "Void". (I am heavily paraphrasing and slightly misconstruing her words)

So he goes to "Unknown" for now. As for his base, I'm removing "Empowered" and "Originally" because it's total BS.

Sun Wukong doesn't get any more powerful in the time frame the profile provides, he only gains more immortalities.

Yes. His first key needs to go. I have no idea where that even came from. Was that supposed to be when he was born or something? No idea, but either way it needs to go as it is non existent.

Ogbunabali said:
Yes. His first key needs to go. I have no idea where that even came from. Was that supposed to be when he was born or something? No idea, but either way it needs to go as it is non existent.
Apparently not, as it scales him to Island Level based on Ruyi Jingu Bang which he doesn't get until he's an adult and learns how to transform.

And he's FAR more powerful anyway, terrifying the Dragon Gods who have 2-A feats via creating the "Dragon Realm" which has infinite realms/worlds

To be honest I'm not sure how much we should be taking the word "infinite" literally. As most of the time when that word is used it just means "a lot" not actually infinite.

A "possible/likely 2-A" would be better than outright being 2-A if you ask me.

Udlmaster said:
Sorry. I did not notice that you had already finished a blog draft for him.

There seems to be disagreements regarding that you rated him so ridiculously high. I will delete the finished profile until this has been settled.

Antvasima said:
Udlmaster said:
Sorry. I did not notice that you had already finished a blog draft for him.
There seems to be disagreements regarding that you rated him so ridiculously high. I will delete the finished profile until this has been settled.
There were? If so, that's fine, I had asked Sera EX to weigh in on my rating for Type 4 transdualism to which she agreed on the account that he is a Character directly tied to specific text so he should scale even though she disagrees with Mythology existing on the wiki.

If anyone else wants to talk about the profile, then that's fine, it's pretty clear cut that he is 1-A to some degree.

Ogbunabali said:
To be honest I'm not sure how much we should be taking the word "infinite" literally. As most of the time when that word is used it just means "a lot" not actually infinite.
A "possible/likely 2-A" would be better than outright being 2-A if you ask me.
If you check the blog on my profile for Sun I did actually place himat High 3-A, possibly 2-A.

As for if it means infinite, yeah, it definitely means infinite, as it states it multiple times and there is numerous cases where the book uses infinite as well.

Immortalgodd, and given that it is such an extremely high tier, it should demand quite a lot to be accepted.

Antvasima said:
Immortalgodd, and given that it is such an extremely high tier, it should demand quite a lot to be accepted.
I am reading the creation myth. I have a question of the limit of using religion in fiction

Antvasima said:
I mean, I did run the Jade Emperor's profile past Sera, we agreed that Characters who are very specifically based on many texts should have them be used, like Sun Wukong being 2-B via scaling to text about the Buddha.

The Jade Emperor got 1-A through being the Avatar of the Three heavenly Worthies who are expressions of the Dao/Tao itself and exist within Wu Jing/The Void/Wuji as well as being the Unifying principle for the Cosmos which would include Heaven and Earth.

With Heaven being Both Taiji and Non-Dual which would require Many-Valued logic which is Type 4 Transdualism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back