• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mythology Feats and Cosmology

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he really is the avatar of the Three Pure Ones then it is agreeable. But aren't the Three Pure Ones formed affer the Soft and Hard.

Immortalgodd said:
If he really is the avatar of the Three Pure Ones then it is agreeable. But aren't the Three Pure Ones formed affer the Soft and Hard.
Unlikely, as they transcend all dualities, they wouldn't have a beginning and end, one cannot prescribe a Duality to the Three Heavenly Worthies, at least, not as such.

From the books ive read it said that they exist within Wu Jing at the 33rd to 36th Level of deities.

The Jade Emperor exists within Taiji and rules over all lower level deities.

Hmm. I am reading the Creation Myth and its Symbolism. I will have to read further. Chinese myth is fascinating. Also, if a fiction uses the same concepts as a myth can some parts be used?

Immortalgodd said:
Hmm. I am reading the Creation Myth and its Symbolism. I will have to read further. Chinese myth is fascinating. Also, if a fiction uses the same concepts as a myth can some parts be used?
Yeah, that's what Sera said, which was why Sun Wukong was 2-B.

Also, if you could, could you share said books? I myself would like to read more into Chinese Mythology, as it's really hard to get any documents on it.

And that's for fictional series, not mythology. I already said mythology shouldn't be featured here.

Sera EX said:
And that's for fictional series, not mythology. I already said mythology shouldn't be featured here.
There is a series that heavily references Buddhism and the chinese Tao. Even when the world created by the Main character is formed similar to Pangu and Huntun. A primordia chaos force flrms and contains all aspects if reality. Those aspects are later contained in a Grand Dao. The Grand Dao shatters the Primordial Chaos. Purity and Impurity separates. Purity forms the stars and heaven and Impurities descend down. The Grand Dao forms all laws and aspects. (Some beings have their Grand Dao as Hope, Mortality, etc)

Still doesn't mean anything. Naruto heavily references Buddhism and Shinto, Magi heavily references Arabian mythology. That doesn't mean they scale. The only reason Masadaverse has 1-A Taiji is because it is explained in the series to be 1-A, not because it simply references Taoism and Hinduism. References mean nothing. Feats take precedence over everything else.

I mean, if we took every reference to a mythology or religion in a fictional setting as evidence for greater scaling to that real-life belief system, with all theology and philosophy in tow, then a lot of series should be 1-A to even 0 for merely referencing the Abrahamic God.

The mythologies/religions/belief systems/philosophies/theologies themselves, however, are a completely different story, and should be analyzed in their full context, as they are. If feel that people would be shortchanged if we just took out all our mythology profiles, as each one has ties to a culture that they could become interested in.

If a feat in a tale has different versions/interpretations, just put "Varies from X to Y" for it.

You were arguing that Journey to the West is a "fictional story", which you could argue it is, but it's a mythological tale. It's not an intellectual property like a manga or whatever. Folklore and mythology are separate from fiction. My point was that Journey to the West is directly connected to Buddhism so it scaling isn't an issue. That doesn't mean any story that heavily references Buddhism like Asura's Wrath) should scale to the full context of the religion.

Uhhhh.

Sera, we agree, I wasn't advocating scaling Mythology/culture/etc to intellectual properties.

I didn't even say that I was in the first place. I didn't even say the Journey to the West was just an fictional story.

I didn't even say that during our conversation on discord.

Hence, Journey to the West should not be here. That's what I was saying :/

Journey to the West isn't even intended to be a religious text, though, so there is nothing wrong with calling it a fictional story.

That completely misses what I'm saying. I'm...just gonna stop talking. Do whatever you like.

It's already been acknowledged that we can't scale from the original religious text without a damn good reason to and I'm fairly sure everyone's moved from that already. How does that stop Journey from being here?

Sera EX said:
That completely misses what I'm saying. I'm...just gonna stop talking. Do whatever you like.
However, I do want your approval on the topic, I don't want to you to feel alienated from the project, as you yourself know, you are knowledge on the current pressing topic.

So your approval will go a long way and if you have issues with the scaling you can vocalise them and give examples so we can get the profiles to be as accurate as possible.

Immortalgodd said:
"The Jade Emperor is an avatar of the Three Pristine Ones. The relationship between them is like Emptiness ( ÞÖøþäí Xuwu ) preceding Subtle Being ( ÕªÖµ£ë Miaoyou ), Infinity ( þäíµÑÁ Wuji ) preceding the Supreme Ultimate ( Õñ¬µÑÁ Taiji ), Non-Interference ( þäíþé║ Wuwei ) preceding Interfering Action ( µ£ëþé║ Youwei ). Therefore, the Jade Emperor is the master of the three fundamentals in charge of the pivot of Heaven, Earth and Man. The Jade Emperor sends the Great Emperor of the North Pole Star of Purple Subtlety ( þ┤½Õ¥«ÕîùµÑÁÕñºÕ©Ø Ziwei Beifi Dadi ) to administer the longitudes and latitudes of Heaven and Earth; the Great Emperor of the Highest Palace of Polaris ( Õï¥ÚÖ│õ©èÕ««ÕñºÕ©Ø Gouchen Shanggong Dadi ) to administer the Three Powers of Heaven, Earth, and Man and to control wars; and the Imperial God of Earth ( ÕÉÄÕ£ƒþÜçÕ£░þÑç Houtu Huang Di Qi ) to administer births, land, and rivers. In general, all things, Heaven, Earth, Yin and Yang, and creation, are in the charge of the Jade Emperor."
Does he have control over the Three Fundamental Pivots because it portrays him as having responsibility for them like a headmaster and his ward rather than having control.
I do still want to know the source of this, because it's really good source and states that the Jade Emperor rules all pivots

Yes. Your analyses are always welcome and appreciated Sera.

Malomtek said:
I mean, if we took every reference to a mythology or religion in a fictional setting as evidence for greater scaling to that real-life belief system, with all theology and philosophy in tow, then a lot of series should be 1-A to even 0 for merely referencing the Abrahamic God.

The mythologies/religions/belief systems/philosophies/theologies themselves, however, are a completely different story, and should be analyzed in their full context, as they are. If feel that people would be shortchanged if we just took out all our mythology profiles, as each one has ties to a culture that they could become interested in.

If a feat in a tale has different versions/interpretations, just put "Varies from X to Y" for it.
I don't mean referencing terms but everything. The formation of duality and Yin Yang. Dao that existed before creation,etc.

@Ant

Ive spoken with Immortal, he doesn't have an issue with the Jade Emperor's updated profile, he just wanted to talk about the Mythology of the Jade Emperor and wanted things cleared up.

Okay.

Are you fine wih a 1-A Jade Emperor profile Sera?

Udlmaster said:
@Ant

Ive spoken with Immortal, he doesn't have an issue with the Jade Emperor's updated profile, he just wanted to talk about the Mythology of the Jade Emperor and wanted things cleared up.
Could you change that ugly-ass profile picture in your blog revision to something more "classical", like Jade Emperor's original profile picture?

I like the picture, but I'll be respectful and change it to something more traditional and classical.

@Ant

Everything has been done now, I've changed the picture, I made a few reasonings more clear, is there anything else the profile is missing before we allow it to pass?

Well, I would prefer a confirmation from some knowledgeable member, such as Sera, that such an extremely high tier is acceptable.

Antvasima said:
Well, I would prefer a confirmation from some knowledgeable member, such as Sera, that such an extremely high tier is acceptable.
Fair, I'll see if I can get her to comment here or at least agree on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back