• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 28

So I have been rereading the fragments novel and I don't seem to find the description where it states that you have to have the divinity trait to bypass the curse. But rather it says

Ozymandias (excerpt from Ramesseum Tentyris):

Individuals with strong ties to Divine Spirits or are themselves Divine Spirits (including former Divine Spirits) are unaffected by this restriction, such as Brynhildr. Noble Phantasms that were once the property of a Divine Spirit are also unaffected by this restriction. The key word here is Divine Spirits

Ramesseum tentyris's np seal is defined as "those without connections to divine spirits", whereas brynhild's bypassing of the curse was mentioned to be because she was once a divine spirit (valkyrie) and not because of her divinity trait, so this is isn't confirmed.

'divinity' refers to having aspects of a divine spirit but it doesnt mean you're an actual divine spirit, unless you actually are one.

Fate prototype is one of the deadliest holy grail war to exist.

The reason is pretty simple. Connection to a Divine Spirit would not necessarily just result in Divinity, and Divinity is granted to some Servants that have no true ties of godliness with any sort of divine spirit, hence.

Ozy himself falls in that description. His whole Divinity comes from his closeness as the Pharaoh as an Avatar, for the egyptians, of the likes of Ra. That sounds very much like a connection.

Is a big throw in the air, though, if connections could manifest.consist of other things (like Fergus having a goddess as a literal wife).

Surtr

"Surtr

Class: Ancient Giant (giant-noid) / Saber

Sex: Male

Reference: Norse Myth

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Attribute: Earth

Height: 7m ~ 1000m

Weight: 1t ~ ???t

Strength: A+

Endurance: EX

Agility: D

Magic: EX

Luck: A

NP: A+

Magic Resistance EX: nullifies almost all harmful magical effects

Independent Action EX: Can burn down all the surface of the Earth without mana supply

Territory Creation EX: His each step scorching the earth, subduing it into his territory"
"960 BC: King Solomon's death. The Age of Gods end here. The traces of Mystery were supposed to fade from this point on and become reduced to nothing by the point of AD.

The night before AD: The user of the First Magic is Born"

They are implying it rather heavily, yes.

At the very least I think it is fair to say that there's a connection between Jesus and the first magic

It could be a Life of Brian kind of thing, as it might be a bit risky to make Jesus a character, due to him being from a still very large religion (technically he was real no matter what you belive, but you know what I'm talking about). Than again they did include David, Solomon, and the Queen of Sheba.

Personally, even as a Christan myself, I woulden't be that mad or offended as long as they treat him with dignity and respect, and most of the people who would immediatly get outraged woulden't be this deep into a series that has a heavy focus on other mythologies.

But it woulden't fit with the bit of lore that the one who is to be the Magic's Heir, the decendent of the First Sorcerer, is still alive. But the very fact that he exists makes it unlikely that the user is Jesus, who died a virgin, thus would be left without an heir.

Jesus could also probably just create Holy Grails, so you could just farm some Palingenesis.

Also speaking of Jesus, maybe the Grand Lancer would be Longinus, or maybe Odin. or maybe Lugh. If its Lugh we could learn more about Balor and his relation to the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

People thinking Jesus is super risky because of Christianity seem to be forgetting Rama from Hinduism exists lol. Which is pretty old in its own right. Relax and accept the memes my dudes.

I would love a Jesus servant, but unfortunately Nasu already got in trouble for his portrayal of Buddha. He probably is looking to avoid another dance with the Japanese equivalent of cancel culture

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I would love a Jesus servant, but unfortunately Nasu already got in trouble for his portrayal of Buddha. He probably is looking to avoid another dance with the Japanese equivalent of cancel culture
I wonder what happened to SMT, did they get so many trouble?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
What happened?

That's funny because of how Saint Martha is a punch-happy person who tries and fails to keep up the air of the goodest saint.

960 BC:

>King Solomon's death. The Age of Gods end here. The traces of Mystery were supposed to fade from this point on and become reduced to nothing by the point of AD.

>The night before AD, the user of the First Magic is Born.

00 AD:

>The remaining magus from the Age of Gods lay the foundation of the Mage's Association. "Mystery will one day disappear , but let preserve the knowledge as an academia." was their motto (reason to take action.) However---

20 AD:

>The 5th Imaginary Element "Ether" is proven. The New World begins. It was decided that Magecraft and Mystery was to be continued in a different form. The other magus from the Age of Gods shut themselves in the Atlas Temple and the Wandering Sea, and although they did not agree to our motto, we preserved our fellowship as mutual followers of the academy of mystery. This, in future, developed into the Mage's Association.

20~100 AD:

>The headmaster, along with his associates, work diligently in their activities. Thanks to their work, more people began learning magecraft and the energy (morale) from the Age of Gods began to come back. From around this time, Dead Apostles began appearing in the Magus world (society) and they began attacking mages as they saw as an enemy (threat.)

300 AD:

>The night in the forest capital, the Battle at the Millennium Castle

>It is said...that a battle between the Crimson Moon and the Wizard Marshall Zelretch took place

300~500 AD:

>In the Western European countries of the Great Continent, the Holy Church begins building up its influence (power.) The Mage's Association decline. The damage from the fight with the Crimson Moon was too deep. The Winter for magecraft begins. The Magus Capitals that the Mage's Association developed became shut down one by one because of the conflict with the Holy Church. With the Crimson Moon destroyed, Gransurg Blackmore, in despair accepts his own destruction. Even though he raises his own disciples, on that night of the Blue Moon, he is defeated by an Executor who happened to pass by. "I met that person on a night like this. Then a night like this is the time for me to die".

500 AD:

>The last remaining True Ether (5th True Element) on the British Island disappears. A group of magus set their headquarters in the British Island. This marks the beginning of the "Clock Tower".

600~900 AD:

>The Spirit Grave, Albion is excavated. The Clock Tower continues to dig into the depth of Britain and gains an insurmountable asset (fortune) for magecraft. The Clock Tower becomes a light of hope to the declining Magus world and a great number of magus and investors gather.

900 AD:

>Justeaze, the Holy Maiden of the Einzbern is born. The Third Magic that has been told over 1000 years is finally proven.

1000 AD:

>The prodigy child Barthomeloi arrives at the Clock Tower. The groundwork for the Aristocratic classes of Magus is formed.

1200 AD:

>The Clock Tower is now the center of the Magus world. The Monarch system is complete. (At this time there were 12 departments with the Faculty of Policies being one of them.)

1400 AD:

>Zepia is inaugurated to the role of Director. To this day, he is continuing that role.

1600 AD:

>The way of the Faculty of Policies start to be questioned. It is no longer an academic department. From this point on, it became a separate faculty and the 12 department became 11 departments.

1800 AD:

>The Industrial Revolution of Great Britain. It was a painful blow to the magus world but knowledge and technology becoming more complex is a good thing. It was the most damaging form of attack to the Holy Church, who increased it's influence with its "Singular World View", so we even supported it. At this point there was an internal conflict on whether to accept this industrial revolution. Later this became cause of the divide between the Aristocratic Faction and the Democratic Faction. It was impossible to ignore the new genre of Modern Magecraft Theory and it filled the slot of the empty 12th department. However, although it was added as the 12th department, because modern magecraft was looked down upon, this department does not have a lord assigned to it at this point.

1994 AD:

>Lord El-Melloi dies in a minor ritual called the Grail War in Japan.

2004 AD:

>The follow-up 5th Grail War begins. Rumored that the Third Magic was recreated.

2015 AD:

>The Grand Order declared in a parallel world.

This is a really super interesting timeline of events. It also ties into stuff we knew from forever ago like the fight against Crimson Moon, which apparently affected Mage Society as a whole, the progress of things as the Mage Association became what it is, the actual source of the Barthomeloi line, the fight Zepia is indeed a normal teacher in the normal timeline of events (for Fate), even the mention of the Headmaster of the Clocktower that is said to have been alive for 2000 years. Even when Britain lost every drop of mystery it had.

Intresting timeline.

Also I forgot about Parvati, Rama, and Saver. Though I am still a bit uncomfortable with Jesus being included, but lets just hope that it is handled well. If it is I really woulden't mind.

But lets move on from Religion, I don't want this thread to become a dumpster fire.

GLHF22 said:
I wonder what happened to SMT, did they get so many trouble?
SMT never made Jesus an actual Demon. Just the figure of the "Messiah", which mostly happens to be the protagonist.

What surprised me however, is that they made his mother, Mary, into one.

Back