• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nyx (Marvel) and house of ideas upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of it is known that toaa is the writers of marvel and the house of ideas his creative place. The house of ideas is 1-A simply because the term multiverse or universe doesnt always refers to universes but to the conuinity of marvel it self. According to the interview the house of ideas is stated to be the contuinity of marvel and since this is a very meta comic it shouldnt just refer to universes . Everything that is written(created) by toaa is a part of the house of ideas since the house of ideas is everything in marvel including stories and books . So anything that isnt toaa is a part of the house of ideas. Whenever it's stories, books, realms or characters.

Also if you still want to claim it is a multiverse then even Multi Eternity and all the other abstract are a part of a story as eternity states so.

Al Ewing: I do remember Jim pitching it to us over the pre-meeting sushi, he was the big seeder of ideas for this go-round, what with the House and Nyx, but we all put our own lick of paint on it over the course of time. Mark was insistent that the House should have no windows, and he paid off that beat very nicely in the final battle. As for me, I played up the One-Above-All-ness a little bit with the opening, which Sean did an absolutely pitch perfect job on, reusing a bit of my "sampling" idea from that Defenders: Immortal Hulk special.

I am not expert on Marvel Top Tiers but it seems like the update could be fine. Ah, I just remember about the tiering system threads. Depending on the conclusion, the final tier might not end up being 1-A.

You should ask PrinceOfTheMorning and Sandman31 to comment here.

I personally don't see any proof of 1-A in the above scans or interview though.

Isn't oblivion or any 1-A realm a part of marvel or stories?

Even eternity stated he us nothing more than a page within house of ideas.

Well, Oblivion is basically Marvel's version of The Overvoid, or nothingness, so one could argue that he in particular transcends the story, but otherwise, yes of course everything is a part of the setting itself. I still did not see any explicit proof that Nyx herself reached a 1-A level from the story itself though, but I may be mistaken. Furher input from trusted knowledgeable members is required.

Oblivion is not a marvel version of overvoid even he is part of marvel.... and he is weaker than divine creator who is weaker than toaa.

Oblivion is more like prayala of dc than overvoid.

The reason nyx would be 1-A because she changed all of marvel in her image.if you deny house of ideas being 1-A then you also deny toaa being the creator of all marvel.

As far as I understood from the story itself, she didn't change all of Marvel in her image. She just intended to change the multiverse to be in eternal darkness.

You're right about that but it still would be a 1-A feat even if you dont want to include oblivion being a part of the house there are many 1-As realm in marvel.

And writer intended the house to be all of marvel not just universes

Oblivion is outside of and beyond the Marvel multiverse. All of this seems too speculative to me.

No he doesn't. He is beyond the multiverse (multi eternity) not the marvel multiverse.

And nope.... according to al ewing and the others who wrote this basically cobfirms it isn't a regular multiverse but the contuinity of marvel. Denying this is basically speculation and downplay. As even the guidebook even said the term universe or multiverse doesnt always refers to universes but as contuinity or the entire verse.

Eternity isnt the marvel contuinity but house of ideas is

I seriously don't know why you trying to attemp to downplay the house of ideas to just regular multiverse when the comic, guidebook and the writers says otherwise

The House of Ideas is definitely 1-A, considering it is literally the nothingness which is the dweiling place of TOAA and where all stories in Marvel spring from. You can even see the Vision literally being drawn into existence after entering it.

Nyx remaking only the Multiverse or not shouldn't really matter, considering she was actively controlling and affecting an 1-A realm.

Okay. I suppose that she can probably be upgraded then.

The house of ideas would be the closest to the overvoid from dc since the house of ideas is the blank page where toaa write on it and its creation dwells within the house of ideas.

I suppose so, although I am not sure if Nyx or The Vision could access its full power.

I'm the one, with the help of Ant and God of Procrastination, who made the Nyx page, and I have to sa I'm with Ant here. The House is 1-A, of course, but nothing says that Nyx could access to its full power. Maybe the 1-A thing for Nyx could be added with a "possibly" or something like that?

She was literally going to take control over a 1-A structure, it doesn't have to be "full power", even minor fractions qualify as 1-A

There are no rules for how much power she could access, and she only explicitly demonstrated a High 1-B scale, but alright then. Ultima also thinks that she can be upgraded to 1-A.

When someone edite her profile, could that person add Darkness manipulation? I can't believe I forgot add that power when creating the profile... My bad.

bump

So, Nyx being 1-A inside of the House of Ideas is accepted righ, if it is then I could add the change?

Ok, I added the changes. Glad to help, Antvasima.

So, now, the main topic is concluded, I think the thread could close now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back