• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying their increase in speed was "drastic" is just a headcanon, Flashy being able to land hits on PS and forcing the latter to use a defense technique to reflect is not.

The translation just says they traced a "denser" structure, which doesn't mean at all they traveled a longer distance.
What do you think about my answer above?

Assuming nothing about the calc needs changing

I don't buy that PS just let FF hit him, and used a special move to stop his Flashy Fist for mere chuckles. He was casual, but it wasn't like he could blitz FF whenever he wanted, if he was vastly faster than him PS would have no reason to use Platinum Rings to deflect his blows.

All he has to do is blitz him, catch his fist and rain down blows on him. But PS doesn't do any of that, and he isn't like Garou and was getting faster. Yeah he's faster than FF, but FF was still fast enough to land multiple hits on him and had him use a special technique to defend against his Flashy Fist.

FF should scale, but downscale from the feat. If the feat ends up being lowered, than you can ignore this. Since if the difference is like only 4X from 0.55c, FF doesn't need to scale, since he's already close enough.

But I do believe him landing blows on a casual PS should still be mentioned.

All he has to do is blitz him, catch his fist and rain down blows on him. But PS doesn't do any of that, and he isn't like Garou and was getting faster. Yeah he's faster than FF, but FF was still fast enough to land multiple hits on him and had him use a special technique to defend against his Flashy Fist.

He used a "special technique" just to deflect the incoming attack, but he followed it up with catching Flashy's fist and then blitzing him, ending him with a barrage of punches that Flashy could not defend against.

And then he sped up after that.

Flashy also admitted that PS was faster than him before PS sped up too.

So I don't think Flashy should fully scale or downscale. I'd propose he get this:

Late to this but jesus that calc is insane also I agree with those scaling above who are still relevant to this so that excludes orochi and tatsu FRA however I think flashy flash could be baseline personally

He used a "special technique" just to deflect the incoming attack, but he followed it up with catching Flashy's fist and then blitzing him, ending him with a barrage of punches that Flashy could not defend against.

And then he sped up after that.

Flashy also admitted that PS was faster than him before PS sped up too.

So I don't think Flashy should fully scale or downscale. I'd propose he get this:
This is cool as a proposal at least

Can you provide evidence that FF was unable to perceive PS? Landing blows on him without defending from them doesn't equal blitz, a blitz is a serious business.

A 14X difference is massively different, it is 100% impossible to avoid a blow that is around 14X faster than your own speed. In the time it takes someone to move a certain distance, that other person would've moved 14X the distance he did. And that is assuming they moved at the same time, since the faster person likely moves first.

Despite what I said, I'm fine with a possibly rating. Because I do understand the reasoning being used here. PS is without a doubt faster.

This crack is homogeneous and located directly under the constellation. Wouldn't it be better to use it?
gkslwKhnqbA.jpg
Since it's closer to the constellation and comparable to the other cracks, I think that one could work.

Last edited:
What do you think about my answer above?
You mean using the crater itself? I still believe it is the most accurate way to measure the constellation.

I should have checked the cracks more thoroughly, the one USklaverei measured in the first panel is not even on the same side as the second one.

@USklaverei Just use the crater, the size of the cracks varies too much and the result can change wildly depending on which crack you use.

Last edited:
You mean using the crater itself? I still believe it is the most accurate way to measure the constellation.

I should have checked the cracks more thoroughly, the one USklaverei measured in the first panel is not even on the same side as the second one.

@USklaverei Just use the crater, the size of the cracks varies too much either way.
Sorry, I pasted the answer from the translator and chose the wrong text.

Could you then call the author of the calculation to give his opinion and make adjustments?

@USklaverei Just use the crater, the size of the cracks varies too much and the result can change wildly depending on which crack you use.
So I took the crack that is pointed to the same side of the other crater, I even mentioned it.
Using the crater is completely off, since it's so far away, I don't know why Nik is coming back to this subject all the time.

Flashy should 100% scale fully to the first constellation. It war 3 lights. Flashy should be outright FTL, not possibly.

As for Garou and PS, they should just have "At least FTL," while Flashy doesn't have the "At least."

Flashy should 100% scale fully to the first constellation. It war 3 lights. Flashy should be outright FTL, not possibly.

As for Garou and PS, they should just have "At least FTL," while Flashy doesn't have the "At least."
But... the first constellation isn't what this thread or the calc is about?

So I took the crack that is pointed to the same side of the other crater, I even mentioned it.
Using the crater is completely off, since it's so far away, I don't know why Nik is coming back to this subject all the time.
Look at both craters, and a draw a line between them, the first crack you measured is not between the craters, while the second one is.

The constellation is right above one of cracks of that very same crater, how is it off?

And why the crack in the second panel (which has a POV much closer) looks smaller than the first crack?

Last edited:
Even measuring the farthest crater using the closer one gave me a distance one 1.1 kilometers, which is barely a two times difference between the actual size of the crater.

So I ask again: How "using the crater is completely off" when something much farther away than the constellation itself, gave me a result with only a 2x times difference?
I tried to get the crater closest to where I measured, since the others next to it were all smaller than the one I used, and it is also right next to the constellation.

How would we scale Saitama? As in, the justification. We know he scales, his status quo as a character is literally being above everyone else in every single physical characteristic. But how do we write that? We know he'll beat the shit out of Garou sooner or later.

How would we scale Saitama? As in, the justification. We know he scales, his status quo as a character is literally being above everyone else in every single physical characteristic. But how do we write that? We know he'll beat the shit out of Garou sooner or later.
We’ll probably do something similar to his lifting strength justification, which scales him above Tatsumaki even though they haven’t interacted yet. Something like this:

At least FTL (Considerably faster than the likes of Garou and Platinum Sperm, who created a massive constellation with their sheer speed)

Oooor

We don't scale to Saitama because he didn't interacted with current Garou 🗿

Anyway yeap, better to follow his LS style and just state he should be faster than the duo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back