• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Openings for 'verse pages

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
DISCLAIMER: STAFF ONLY

A thing that recently came to mind is the idea of adding opening themes to the verse pages that it could apply to. Mostly tv series, animes, and cartoons. Like for example, adding "Head Cha La" for Dragon Ball, "Dan Dan Kokoro" for DBGT, the "Gotta Catch 'Em' All" for Pokemon, or "We Are the Crystal Gems" for Steven Universe on their respective verse pages. It would be a process that happens over time, because it's not important, but it could be useful to draw in new people. Or even to just improve the site in general. How do you feel about it?

I do not mind in theory. I just don't know if this could potentially get our wiki in trouble for copyright infringement, or if it counts as fair use?

Well. I have seen the Overwatch trailers be put on here and on the pages of said verse.

So far we haven't gotten into any trouble with taht AFAIK.

Yeah, but I would like to know, in order to stay on the safe side.

Honestly, I doubt it'll be unsafe. I've seen other wikis do it. Bulbagarden has youtube videos of Arceus's theme, along with hacking vids. The Kirby wiki (WiKirby) has the boss, as well as the stage tunes on the site. The Zelda Wiki has the same thing.

While I think this is acceptable, I do believe that doing this to every notable verse page is time that could be spend on more productive tasks.

Matt has a good point on that.

But couldn't this be something we could gradually and over time?

Well, I agree with Matthew that this should not be a project, but people should feel free to gradually add opening videos on their own, although we should probably stick to a maximum of two per verse page.

Maybe just one each, depending on what the rest of you think?

This isn't really a project. Just something that is deemed acceptable and people can do at their leisure, I would think. Preferably people who are familiar enough with editing as to not mess up the verse page.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
This isn't really a project. Just something that is deemed acceptable and people can do at their leisure, I would think. Preferably people who are familiar enough with editing as to not mess up the verse page.
Azzy makes sense.

I'd say just one, and even then, the most notable. I'll use Dragon Ball as an example. Head Cha La would be chosen over the original DB theme, the current Super theme, Dragon Soul, Rock the Dragon, or the one with the guitar.

Yeah it doesn't seem like a project to me here on this so i'm fine with this being done as long people know where to put it and all...

Just the most prominent opening for each page then.

I added one for Bleach. I think OP 2 was the most favourite (I prefer OP 13, though).

Okay. I am fond of Tenchi Muyo, so if you can find, and upload, a good quality opening for the first OVA series, that would be appreciated.

Well, it is for the second OVA, and is not as good as the first, but I suppose that it is better than nothing.

I think I found the first one in my edit up top. If it is, I'll add it. If not, I'll add the other.

I agree with the idea, but what if an Ending is more prominent than the op?

I'm assuming that for video games, we use the Main Title theme right?

If the Video Game has a popular anime or cartoon opening, we'd use that. For example, we could use Pokemon and Kirby's anime openings, but we wouldn't dream of using The Legend of Zelda's, and would probably use Overworld or Fairy Fountain.

Ending could work if it's the most popular.

Well, if an ending is definitely of higher quality, and more iconic than the opening, I suppose that there is no harm in using that instead.

Keep in mind that this Wiki does allow us to post Youtube videos.

Perhaps I can post any OP and ED for various shows if there is time? Keep in mind that some vids may get taken down though.

In that case, it is probably best to upload them here, and link to that instead.

Back