• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IV

Yeah I assume she used the spell to drag in the souls within the city? Saying that why didn't it turn her into an undead? Maybe the spell had a toggleable effect to drain souls?

Nah, I doubt her destruction of countries has to do with the Wild Magic Spell until we know more.

Whatever spell Evileye has copied, she uses it with power relative to her own level and stats. Meaning she could even copy super tier Magic, but it would be paltry and barely worth notice if compared to it being cast by Ainz. Cure was a dragon lord of the Ancient Racial Level that had been gathering his strength for a couple of centuries. It feels rather odd that Evileye would come even close to that.

But we know from the text she did something that destroyed a city and filled it with undead. I have my doubts it could be anything other than cure elms ability, she can only copy one spell and thats cure's.

What else could it be even in her most powerful incarnation she still was only capable of magic of the fourth teir, unless she knows a spell in that teir that converts the residents of a city into undead I doubt it could be anyhting but cure elms magic. She can never copy another spell as doing so will turn her into a zombie.

Edit: hell from her conversations with renner and climb we know its her talent that could destroy a city

True, but it is still odd. Though it is rather possible she managed to find a way how to actually use the spell. She isn't continuously sucking souls after she becomes Keno after all, nor as Evileye.

True but if it was a togglable effect she probably shut it down as keeno long before she ran into anything living.

I just can't think of anything else she could use to destroy a city, actually it's telling she didn't use whatever the technique was on demiurge. She either thought it wouldn't work or she didn't want to convert all her freinds into undead

Edit considering cure elm soul sucked several cities at once it would make sense with evil eyes far weaker power she'd only be able to get one city.

The only ways I can think for her to turn an entire city into undead is either this Wild spell, by biting everyone and turning them into vampires as well, or using some necromancy spell. The former seems more likely to me.

Considering she despises her vampire nature and as far as I know no such necromantic spell exist (especially not in the fourth teir of spells) Im going with option A. Especially since she has directly refrenced her talent as being her trump card and related to her destroying a city.

edit Anyone else hoping we get to see ainz use dark wisdom to learn some new magic? Or see him use wish upon a star to steal a talent? Honestly stealing evil eyes talent would be pretty useful to him over all as it would give him the ablity to copy wild magic... Although I wonder if wish upon a star or dark wisdom could dirctly grant him access to wild magic?

I went to take a look at volume 10, and, yeah, Evileye mentions that her talent is her trump card and that it could easily annihilate a city.

Considering she'd have turned into a zombie if she released Elim's spell, then that trump card must be that.

"Ugh, it's fine. I'm such an idiot… In any case, I don't intend to go around
telling others my talent, kid. Got it?"
"Is it really that dangerous?"
"Ah, yes. It's my ace in the hole. If I use it… yes, it would be like if our leader's
sword went berserk. It could easily annihilate an entire city."
There seemed to be a terrible weight in Evileye's voice as she said this.

Ya know, the Pleiade level characters are all rated city level because of this Evileye statement. If it's just soul hax that "destroys" a city, then some downgrades are needed.

With that Evileye statement being invalid, we don't have anything solid for the lvl 50-60ish characters, I think. They should just scale to being above the lvl 30ish like Gazef and Hamsuke.

They should probably be set to the Unknown tier. We know that levels do not make you stronger linearly.

They're still a lot stronger than Gazef and the life, so they should scale to those at around that level.

This should be discussed in a ctr thread though. I always found that city level rating iffy, so I basically have it all written up already. Can post later if people don't mind.

Ainz's win against Cure was because of his strategy and abilities, not because of his level advantage. He even states afterwards that Cure would've won if it didn't underestimate him or hesitate to use Tiered magic.

I would add in that his soul breaker breath can turn him into a zombie if he overuses it or any wild magic.

I would also add that his zombies don't share his resistances.

It was the best I could find, if anyone has talent with editing they could probably crop it down, remove ainz from the pic and genarlly make it smaller.

I edited the pic in. Doesn't look too bad to me, but it'd probably be better to update it as soon as a better image appears.

Like FD said, strategy made the difference. Cure took an absurd amount of damage despite the level difference and without TGOAliD plus a wide area attack, Ainz would have been in a very bad spot. He doesn't have enough Mana to kill that many zombies with pure spells, despite his off the charts MP.

Anyone else would have been worn down little by little.

Back