• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paperboy and Big Rigs

Cool, still not conceptual. Even if it was, and paperboy tanked a hit, that would be a resistance anyways.

Alright. This dosn't mean that you would need conceptual manipulation to avoid it. Death dosn't have infinite speed or anything like that.

Dodging the Grim Reaper does not give you Conceptual hax, you're just dodging someone, that's it; even if the Grim Reaper really is an Abstract entity on the Paperboy universe (which he might not be), dodging his physical form should not give you Conceptual hax, unless you have a proof that you need Conceptual hax to do so.

Needs showings of it being conceptual in the game. Also, dodging doesn't give you an ability. Say there's some sphere of energy that inflicts just about every hax on the victim if it connects, EE, law manip, concept manip you name it. Do I get those abilities or resistance to them just for moving out of the way?

Unless you can bring us a quote saying that it's impossible to dodge the Grim Reaper without Conceptual hax, then you don't conceptual hax to dodge him; every Abstract works like that, and that's if he really is Abstract, which the only proof you could show was a "The" on his name, which doesn't proof he is abstract in any way.

Well, that's just very, very wrong. Today I burnt a bagel I was toasting, and I moved away from the fire. Doesn't give me the power to manipulate fire. I'm pretty convinced you're a troll at this point.

Also, the embodiment of death varies in power immesnsly. CK2 reaper is 9-A Wait but he's possibly stronger than satan who can rival god in power who is 2-C, DC and Warhammer death is 1-A.

In conclusion

Big Rigs

Since going in reverse is a main funcction of all trucks, it should be counted as a legit skill for Big Rigs to have, you can remove phasing, but one thing that should be added no matter what is the facct that the truck has infinite gasoline.

Paperboy

9-C by breaking windows from long distances with regular newspapers, and have sub-sonic+ speed for dodging small tornadoes in its NES form, and Supersonic on his N64 form since he can dodge cannonballs.

Unlike half-life, Big Rigs has calced feats about what this "glitch" can do, it has a speedcap, and if you are going to pull the "game rule mechanic" argument, i can just easly say that canonically, amnything goes with Big Rigs because the objetive of the game is not to win a race, but to scape from the police as the back of the game box claims.

Honestly I don't even know if Big Rigs should be used at all. It's a glitchy mess of a game with two seperate stories.

Thats why im pushing this feat. Its way different than other games with glitches, like Super Mario 64 being able to acumulate speed in 0.5x A Presses, because the plot is about Mario saving the princess and get stars, not about crossing parallel universes, while the plot of Big Rigs is literally anything you can possibly do to scape from the cops.

Yeah. I don't think it was intentional for the Big Rig to become the fastest character in fiction while reversing.

Got proof of that?

Before you claim the burden is on me onsider that i have proof that the plot of Big Rigs is about outrunning the police, and does not contradict that goal in any shape nor fashion.

"i have proof that the plot of Big Rigs is about outrunning the police"

Do you have any evidence of this beyond the summary on the box? Because at no point do the police chase you in the actual game.

"Because it confirms that the goal of the game is to avoid the police, not to win the race."

Then where are the police in the game?

Even if it was that way, it does not justify the reversal as being canon.

Let's not derail the thread with images/memes, we should try staying on topic.

I believe that the Big Rigs truck should simply be 9-B or whatever tier is calculated using the kinetic energy of a truck based on its speed ingame/speed based off of its real life model. The speed for reversing should not be used, given that it's essentially a glitch. Unless there's a specific statement regarding a glitch is canon or intended, then it would be usable, but this is not the case. A feat via an unintentional programming error being calculated does not mean it should be usable, which would be even further supported if it was later patched, as was the case with this one.

Even if it doesn't get patched but there's still no context like "this is an intended feature even if it is a glitch", then it still shouldn't be used.

As for the Paperboy profile, conceptual manipulation resistance sounds really iffy considering there's nothing to support "dodging the grim reaper" as being resistant to death. If the grim reaper in Paperboy is very specifically stated to define the concept of death (E.G, a person was shot by a gun and is rendered in a state of extreme harm to the point where they can be considered dead, the embodiment of death in said verse - which say, for this example, is a chihuahua that runs toward the body and drags it into the underworld - comes running towards the person but the person just slaps it away and the person in question is alive again, then it can be potentially considered an immunity to death manipulation, but this example is more or less resurrection). The thing is, the death in Paperboy appears to be a generic enemy with nothing supporting that it's some kind of concept of death. The grim reaper is usually the representation of death, it's not always some kind of conceptual entity in games, it can just as easily be some kind enemy draped in a black hood wielding a scythe (which is the case here).

TL;dr:

Big Rigs - 9-B and whatnot using normal truck speed seems pretty okay, not the speed glitch stuff, though.

Paperboy - Everything aside from the conceptual stuff is okay to me.

Disagree with duplication for paperboy, since he doesn't even have infinite newspapers in the og game and you can't really extrapolate powers like that, but agree with zany otherwise.

Back