• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pathways into the Light Beta RP

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
Continued from here

Time has passed since the ephemeral voice called out to you. Beckoned by it,
you decided to leave community, family and home to follow its call.
uCoO56o.jpg

A reckless decision surely. Is the voice even real, or a delusion conjured by your own mind in this desperate times...
Is the voice sourced from a benelovent deity, or the temptation onto death by a demon...
One thing is for certain though; Dying with hope in heart outweighs the cruel fate that awaits you and everyone else. Succumbing
slowly, to the maddening Darkness and the horrors it veils inside.

So you prevail through this mist-like world. A Darkness so opressive, it lingers around you like Fog close to the Sea,
obstructs your vision as you make your way through it.
Ezr9Kbm.jpg

Although you don't even truly understand your destination,
your feets move. And they move with conviction.

You recall the reason for your travel:

kDrGgMZ.png

"To every Soul flickering with the love of life, please ... my voice.
This fate is not a final one. Gather, oh ... ones, to the Gates of Xeraphiraton.
The pathways are long and ... . A journy through Malice and Darkness will await you.
But worry not, Light ... be there. And I will be by your side. So please, Do not give up. Please, heed my callings."

How uncharacteristically vivid the vision was. Equally uncharacteristically is it for you follow the call.
Times are that desperate...

How long has it been since you decided to cross the Darkness... Hours? Days? Weeks? Time itself ebbs and wanes
since Light did. How about keeping yourself sane? Speak into the void, reassure yourself of who you are. Edge your name into
the World. You will never know who might hear, but it might be your last chance to do so, before you're claimed by the cruelty of your situation.​

[Elaborate on yourself if you wish, for things that may had been akward to fit into a biography. The next prompt will be after everyone arrives at their common destination

What did you left behind, what is on the line for you, what hopes do you have for the journey?]

Last edited:
Brown, leather shoes...the shine dulled from days of travel, stepped across the darkness of the bleary land he had traveled to. It had been a long road...and the man was growing more and more certain that he had simply gone mad after hearing the strange voice echo in his mind.

"...Supplies getting low...oughta saved a bit more food for myself..." The man muttered. He a white-gloved hand reached raised up to a tanned face, wiping a bit of sweat from his brow. He had given away or sold most of his wares, giving him little more than his rations of food and a pocket full of coin. Decent...but not eternal. he'd need to stock up soon if he could.

"...Guess it won't matter if the world ends, come to think of it." He muttered. He laughed bitterly, adjusting his smart, white hat with a hand. He was never one to sit idly on his hands, especially not in such a situation.

"...This all works out...I'll bit sitting real pretty. Dismas, the hero of the ages. They'll throw me one of them...fancy parades, give me...a king's random in gold. Won't need to touch a lockpick ever again." He said. He smirked, adjusting his dirty, yellow coat.

"...Wouldn't that be just dandy..."

(No idea if this works for for the intro, but wanted to put something down)

[Absolute gigachad for getting this started.

Currently, the idea was for every player to meet up at the destination. You may choose to meet another player on the way though, if you desire so]

A hefty sword was brandished upon the young man's waist, the metal clanking with each step he took against the abysmal sands of the dark wasteland. It was his only source of comfort within the bleakness of the dying world.

"Damn it... it hurts..." He held his hand against his shoulder, the blood seeping into the metal guard around his hand. It hadn't been to long since he'd gotten into a fight with another warrior of much larger stature. Of course, their sword skills were worlds apart, so the young man claimed victory. But it was not without cost, and he'd sustained many an injury that refused to heal, because he refused to rest.

Eventually though, he was given no choice but to stop, falling to the ground below. He'd sustained many injuries before... but this time felt different. He felt his life slipping away, and with it, his hope to continue was going as well.

"Can I truly... save the world...? Somebody like me...? I don't have anything but this sword... I'm a nobody..." He wanted to believe that the ethereal voice was just insanity creeping up his back. But it felt all to real.

"I don't know anymore..." The young man fell into the sand, curling up to fall into a deep sleep. His wounds would heal... but the pain would never go away.

(Midas' intro gave me something to go off of, so here we are lol.)

A pair of eyes scanned the surrounding as the woman adjusted the hood of her cloak. Being unable to find anything she began walking again. Her movements were swift and silent, gained from her years of practice and the strips of her cloak swayed around her as she went.

Nothing yet, Corin thought to herself as she continued. Following the voice had been an incredibly rash decision for her and she was beginning to regret it. Ah well, not like I had anything worthwhile to do with my life. If it turns out this is just some delusional I’ll know for sure that there’s no meaning in my life. But hey maybe there’s something for me after all.

She didn’t really believe that was true but that false hope was the only thing that kept her moving. Everything else that she had done up to that point seemed so pointless so she continued to latch on to this voice’s message and walked onward keeping a look out for anything unusual.

Remembering that her supplies were beginning to dwindle she rested a hand near her dagger. Not like there’s anyone around to target, she reminded herself. A thief’s skills weren’t too useful when there was nothing around to take. With a small sigh she kept onward silently.

In a small town, encompassed by a slightly below average military checkpoint housing inhabitants who sought refuge from the darkness, five souls were captured and unconscious within it. Standing over the bound band of men was a tall, slender man, adorned in a fashionable attire, yet not quite wealthy enough to bear signs of being nobility. One of the officers moved from their post, approaching this man and the group he had bound. The soldier gave him a lump sum of money, several pieces of gold.

In return, the man gave the officer a folded paper. The message inside was penned not long ago, the ink barely having enough time to dry as so not to get smudged when pressed against the folded sheet it was transcribed on. The officer looked up at the man in confusion.

"It was an honor to be your batman, but I'm afraid I found work elsewhere..." He said, giving a humble bow before turning and leaving with the freshly acquired gold.

Canis Baskerville: a wandering detective, a mercenary of sorts, using the blessings of his observant nature and swift mind in tandem with each other. Yet he had been almost plagued with a case he had no chance of solving at the present time. A voice he had heard, calling and beckoning to him. Strangely enough, it seemed like with each city he travelled to, and with each job he took, the voice was getting louder, and it was as if he was getting closer to its source. The mystery he had yet to solve was whether such a voice was some sort of psychotic break he was unaware of having, perhaps a spiked beverage or one that was enchanted in some way, or whether it was truly what it made itself out to be. Regardless of which he believed to be true, he needed some sort of way to be sure, and as of now, it would be to follow this voice until he sees this light that it spoke of.

Galen was using a kitchen knife, currently peeling a mango while perched on a tree branch, if his calculations were correct his food would last him about a week but thanks to his knowledge of plants he could easily find alternatives that would make the time to run out take longer.

"I wonder what I found when I got to my destination, maybe a new job, just walk a one day more or something less if i run" he said as he finished peeling his mango and proceeded to eat it.

After what felt like aeons of walking, you hear echoes reveberating through the darkness. Echoes of humans, muttering their tales through the Darkness.
How pecular, hearing someones past and future reveberating through this desolate loneniness. You listen with intent, there isn't much else to do,
after all.

And intently you listen as you march the endless path, of hummings of foreign worlds and tales of familiar things. Time passes with each word
and in the end, you think to yourself, that you might know those strangers just a little bit more than before. A weird sentiment to have
with persons you don't even know their looks off. Or wether or not they are real. But a small bond has been formed. And if they are real, they might have come to learn a bit more about you as well.

Your musings and thoughts are interrupted as you stumpled upon ruins of something long forgotten. But what catches your eye more than said change of scenery
was the dim sight of light.
sak3idc.png

Like a barrier, you can see the line between Darkness and Light seperating you and the splendor of Light.
You have found your destination.​

Corin cautiously steps into the ruins. The voices from before keeping her constantly on edge. This must be it. May not be insane after all, she thinks to herself as she begins to investigate. Keeping herself hidden in the shadows she moves further in looking for anyone or anything that might be hidden. Her eyes shifting back and forth between the light ahead and the darkness surrounding her.

Alex took a step into the ruins with a slight limp, his injuries festering with a minor infection. He heard the voices from afar, his eyes hooked on the dim light that pierced through the thick darkness. With tempered caution, he placed his hand on the handle of his blade, taking a step back into the shadows. Violence was not his immediate go-to when interacting with strangers, but it was clear he wasn't opposed to resorting to it should the... need arise.

Galen's yellow eyes moved around the zone, he had one of his blade in his right hand, ready just in case, he heard footsteps of people so he was attentive, he took a deep breath, sniffing the place

Baskerville walked into the cave, observing the surroundings. He approaches the light, noticing the rubble of the cave illuminated by it. This was where he felt led to go?

He heard footsteps approaching, and readied his polearm. He had no intention of using it, though. After all, it was far more likely that if this wasn't some hallucination that others would likely be here because they were called as well. However, in the chance that he was hallucinating, the polearm could be used to defend against real enemies, or assess if those were machinations of a hallucinogenic episode by how tangible his enemies would be when confronted. It wasn't a perfect strategy, naturally, but it would allow him to rule out a decent amount of options.

When individuals walked in, he would be seen, sitting on the rocks with a polearm in hand. He figured making his presence known would establish that he was not attempting to ambush any of them at all, and that sitting with his polearm would show he's more relaxed, but would be prepared for a physical altercation should it come to that.

"Greetings..." He said to the others as they arrived, "What brings you to such a place?"

He wanted to know. If they were here for the light like he was, chances are, all those voices were real. The alternative of group hallucinations, frankly, was out of the question, and about as improbable as an entire village dreaming the same dream, he thought.

Deft movements stalked the light, and then the shadows...

"Raise your head, Kaltharia. You can do more..." the woman thought, her black and gray look fitting in with almost invisible perfection, her grey eyes narrowing as she just kept walking, all she worked for was laying here with each step, and she avoided any unnecessary conflicts she didn't need for water and food all this time, she couldn't make out anything in the mist, but she could breathe, and she could hear clearly, so that was something... something she used by making herself as quiet as possible and listening closely, she felt like she was so close to her destination, she knew she was!

And then, it came into sight, other Individuals and a ruined city, she studied them, invisible in the gloom, fog, and dark, and took note of them, anything they said, anything they did, and especially anything they gave away, she watched like a hunter waiting for the perfect strike, the perfect kill, but... murder was not on the table for this approach, especially with someone else in the shadows, which she purposely made a sound to snatch the attention of

As William stumbled into the dimly lit cave, his breaths came in heavy gasps, and he leaned against the cave wall for support. It was hard to believe that this was where he had felt drawn to go, but the voice in his mind had guided him unerringly thus far.

He adjusted his owl-mask, trying to conceal the weariness etched across his face, but his eyes still betrayed the exhaustion he felt. The long journey had taken its toll on him, but he refused to let fatigue dampen his spirit. After all, he was the Night Owl, the vigilant guardian of the night, and he couldn't afford to falter now.

As his eyes adjusted to the shadows, he noticed the vague outlines of other individuals in the cave. The sight sent a shiver down his spine, and he couldn't help but feel a bit wary of these mysterious figures. Were they friend or foe? He couldn't be certain, but he knew he couldn't afford to let his guard down.

"Hey there," he called out, his voice slightly trembling with caution as he addressed the shadowy figures. "All on a similar, uh, journey?"

With a deep breath, he tried to steady his nerves. "I'm... the Night Owl," he continued, attempting to sound more confident than he felt. "I've been following this voice in my head, like a telepathic message or something. It promised to know how to save the world from Darkness, and well, I couldn't just ignore that, right?" He chuckled nervously. "So, uh, you all got voices in your heads too? Or maybe you all just stumbled in here by chance?"

Last edited:
And that confirms it, Corin thought after hearing the man who called himself Night Owl. Knowing that, she decided it would be best not to act suspicious. She moved closer towards the other people who had arrived, making her presence obvious, and took a closer look at everyone while keeping a bit of distance. The strands of her cloak flowed around as she walked obscuring her figure.

Corin was followed way too closely by a woman in black and grey clothing with black hair, Caucasian skin, and steely grey eyes, what was more notable was the fact she was close enough to take down Corin physically if needed, though the fact she hadn't done it yet gave away she wasn't planning to kill the individual

[There is no combat between players btw, you can have disputes and spats that you can write like that, but they dont count as combat and you cant kill each other.

Like, you people are jrpg heroes of light.]

Alex peeked out from the shadows, still wondering if he should reveal himself to the others. His injuries weren't exactly on their merry way to healing anytime soon... and with this many people, it would be impossible to win if things broke out into a fight. But since they hadn't noticed him yet, and he was likely more nimble than one might expect, it's possible he may have been able to take down one of them.

"But if I do, the other two will obviously retaliate..." Alex pondered to himself, biting his lip. "And I can't win two on one..."

He knew that he couldn't remain in hiding forever. Not only would that be cowardly, his infected wounds would only fester further if he was left untreated. The possibility that one of them had basic medical tools on hand was low, very low... but not one-hundred percent impossible.

"You don't have to trust them..." Alex thought, "But... you do need companions. At least, until my wounds heal. I'll use them... for now."

Alex came out from the shadows, limping ever so slightly. Usually, he would've instinctively kept his hand on his sword, but this time, he made sure not to show any hostility. His bright-pink hair was exceptionally dirty, stained with blood and mud.

"I... come in peace. I don't want to fight."

[Reaper that willy reminded me of the old attempt, so I took some liberties and turned it into the RP megathread. Huge questions, memes and jokes are to be directed there. You can still metaspeak small things and questions]

The moment she felt someone behind her Corin had a hand on one of her daggers. She didn’t unsheathe it yet but moved to force some space between herself and the one following her. Having people that close to her made uncomfortable and having someone behind her was even worse. Her face remained emotionless as she spoke, “I’d advise against doing something like that in that in the future. Never know how someone might react to someone jumping up behind them.”

"If I wanted you dead you wouldn't have left the shadows." Kaltharia simply responded, her voice revealing no real emotion as she simply stared at Corin

“Believe whatever you want,” She replied and walked away. Definitely have to keep an eye on that one, Corin thought to herself. She was confident in her ability to fight her off but she had learned a long time ago that underestimating someone was an easy way to die. Even if we were all brought here by that voice I can’t trust them. The moment it suits them someone will abandon us. That’s just how people are.

"Don't get cocky." Kaltharia responded, walking past without making a sound, and out of dagger range of Corin at that, and promptly turning around to where she'd have eyes on everyone.

"....Maybe my planning was a bit more flawed than I had previously thought. These people clearly are barbarians." Alex thought to himself, taking a faulty step backward, nearly back into the darkness.

"....Maybe my planning was a bit more flawed than I had previously thought. These people clearly are barbarians." Alex thought to himself, taking a faulty step backward, nearly back into the darkness.
"Come out. Your wounds are festering. You wouldn't survive the trip back." Kaltharia said, her eyes narrowing

"Don't get cocky." Kaltharia responded, walking past without making a sound, and out of dagger range of Corin at that, and promptly turning around to where she'd have eyes on everyone.
“Never had that luxury,” she muttered as she picked a spot on top of some rubble to watch the others from. Making sure to keep everyone in her field of vision she went back to studying them.

A man slowly walked from one of the shadowing openings, a gloved hand slowly reaching to adjust his tie. His smile was friendly, though it did not reach his eyes. He could already tell a few of the people gathered were...less than reputable, like himself. Because of this, he had actually spent the better half of a minute simply listening from a few meters away, purposely blending himself against the rubble to avoid detection. It was only now that he decided to approach, after confirming they wouldn't immediately try to gut him.

"...Guess I'll act the part of a trader, like always. No need to raise suspicions..." He thought to himself. He adjusted his hat, flashing another one of his smiles.

"...Howdy folks! Fancy meeting other people here." He called out.

"I would rather not..." Alex said out loud, "After that display between you two badasses, I think I'll take my chances in the wastelands..."
"We know how to kill stealthily, that's all. This group still needs someone who can take a hit and survive." Kaltharia said, staring right into Alex's eyes, her own steely eyes revealing nothing

"This isn't a group. I'm not here to be a part of a group." Alex groaned, wincing ever so slightly as his wounds festered. "I just need a place to take a rest for a while and treat my wounds..."

"This isn't a group. I'm not here to be a part of a group." Alex groaned, wincing ever so slightly as his wounds festered. "I just need a place to take a rest for a while and treat my wounds..."
"Why not ask the snake oil salesman?" Kaltharia simply responded, gesturing to the obvious merchant with one hand

Back