• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pathways into the Light Beta RP

Baskerville observed the interactions they all had amongst each other.

As William stumbled into the dimly lit cave, his breaths came in heavy gasps, and he leaned against the cave wall for support. It was hard to believe that this was where he had felt drawn to go, but the voice in his mind had guided him unerringly thus far.

He adjusted his owl-mask, trying to conceal the weariness etched across his face, but his eyes still betrayed the exhaustion he felt. The long journey had taken its toll on him, but he refused to let fatigue dampen his spirit. After all, he was the Night Owl, the vigilant guardian of the night, and he couldn't afford to falter now.

As his eyes adjusted to the shadows, he noticed the vague outlines of other individuals in the cave. The sight sent a shiver down his spine, and he couldn't help but feel a bit wary of these mysterious figures. Were they friend or foe? He couldn't be certain, but he knew he couldn't afford to let his guard down.

"Hey there," he called out, his voice slightly trembling with caution as he addressed the shadowy figures. "All on a similar, uh, journey?"

With a deep breath, he tried to steady his nerves. "I'm... the Night Owl," he continued, attempting to sound more confident than he felt. "I've been following this voice in my head, like a telepathic message or something. It promised to know how to save the world from Darkness, and well, I couldn't just ignore that, right?" He chuckled nervously. "So, uh, you all got voices in your heads too? Or maybe you all just stumbled in here by chance?"

He stifled his amazement. Much like himself, it offered this Night Owl character the chance to save the world from darkness. However, just to be sure he wasn't hallucinating, he kicked a small pebble toward him. Again, he believed the tangibility of the person would be one that would allow him to discern hallucination from reality. After all, tactile hallucinations only meant that he could hallucinate being touched, not something like a rock touching someone else.

A man slowly walked from one of the shadowing openings, a gloved hand slowly reaching to adjust his tie. His smile was friendly, though it did not reach his eyes. He could already tell a few of the people gathered were...less than reputable, like himself. Because of this, he had actually spent the better half of a minute simply listening from a few meters away, purposely blending himself against the rubble to avoid detection. It was only now that he decided to approach, after confirming they wouldn't immediately try to gut him.

"...Guess I'll act the part of a trader, like always. No need to raise suspicions..." He thought to himself. He adjusted his hat, flashing another one of his smiles.

"...Howdy folks! Fancy meeting other people here." He called out.
"Apparently they're ignoring you, heh" Galen said nearly to the man, making his presence known, he knew how to move quietly and minimize any existance.

"Apparently they're ignoring you, heh" Galen said nearly to the man, making his presence known, he knew how to move quietly and minimize any existance.
The man simply shrugged, flashing Galen a smirk.

"Heh, probably for the best. Some of those folk look...less than reputable, if you catch my meaning. Gotta watch your coin purse." He said. He held out a gloved hand, gesturing to shake it.

"Dismas. Nice to meet ya."

The man simply shrugged, flashing Galen a smirk.

"Heh, probably for the best. Some of those folk look...less than reputable, if you catch my meaning. Gotta watch your coin purse." He said. He held out a gloved hand, gesturing to shake it.

"Dismas. Nice to meet ya."
"Well, Dismas, i am Galen, hope they don't start a fight in this place, not sure if it would cause a landslide" he accepted the handshake

As the events unfolded around him, William's eyes darted between the shadowy figures, his initial excitement dampened by the tense atmosphere that seemed to be building. This gathering of strangers was far from the heroic team-up he had imagined.

He observed the interactions, silently contemplating the best approach. He wanted to help ease the tension, but he knew that rushing in could potentially make things worse. So, for the moment, he choose to keep his distance and gauge the dynamics of the group.

But just as he was lost in thought, a sudden pebble came hurtling towards him, catching him completely off guard. With a yelp of surprise, he staggered back a step, almost tripping over a loose stone. His initial surprise quickly turned into sheer confusion. Why would someone throw a pebble at him outta nowhere? Was it meant as some kind of joke or test?

"Uh... Okay then," William stammered, unsure how to react. "Pebble-throwing, a new form of greeting, I suppose?"

"Well, Dismas, i am Galen, hope they don't start a fight in this place, not sure if it would cause a landslide" he accepted the handshake
"Nice to meet ya, Galen." He said, flashing him another smile, using his free hand to tip his hat.

"And I sure hope not! Don't think that their pink-haired gal would survive if this place caved in. What with being all injured like that." He said. He glanced at Alex, chuckling ever so slightly.

"First off, It ain't snake oil I peddle, miss. It ain't my fault if you can't recognize the honest goods when you see 'em." He said, he smirked, glancing back towards Alex.

"And I'd be darned if that miss is a mister."
"...My gender doesn't matter." Alex groaned, "You sell to both men and women, right? So you can sell to me. I need something to... help with my injuries..." He said begrudgingly. He didn't trust the man, but right now this was his only option.

"...My gender doesn't matter." Alex groaned, "You sell to both men and women, right? So you can sell to me. I need something to... help with my injuries..." He said begrudgingly. He didn't trust the man, but right now this was his only option.
"I gave awa- I mean...sold most of my medicine when I left town. Ain't exactly easy carrying a barrels-worth of bandages." Dismas said, shrugging ever so slightly.

"But hey. I got some cloth in one of my pockets. Let's say we cut a piece off and wrap the wound a bit. That help?"

"I gave awa- I mean...sold most of my medicine when I left town. Ain't exactly easy carrying a barrels-worth of bandages." Dismas said, shrugging ever so slightly.

"But hey. I got some cloth in one of my pockets. Let's say we cut a piece off and wrap the wound a bit. That help?"
"...What kind of merchant gives away all of his supply...? Did you get swindled...?" Alex questioned, clearly confused.

"Fine, fine. Just give it here." Alex groaned, "I'll tend to my own wounds. Then we can stop prying into each other..."
"Now that's what I like to hear." He said. He flashed him a smile, before rummaging into one of his pockets, taking out a clean white cloth, folded neatly into a square. He reached out a gloved hand, handing it to him.

"anyway, So changing the topic, how many people do you think that are coming?" he said
"Don't expect many people to be dumb enough to follow some...disembodied voice in their head. Might just be us few." He said, smirking over at the man.

Now that's what I like to hear." He said. He flashed him a smile, before rummaging into one of his pockets, taking out a clean white cloth, folded neatly into a square. He reached out a gloved hand, handing it to him.
Alex said nothing, simply snatching away the piece of cloth. Kneeling down, he began wrapping the clean cloth over an open wound around his knee and lower-thigh. He winced ever so slightly, but endured the pain nonetheless. He then stood up, moving around a bit, and displaying a much easier time walking.

"Hm..." He unsheathed his blade, allowing the pristine steal to glisten in the light of the ruins. Not even stains of blood and dirt were enough to remove the glow- It was clearly a blade of exceptional quality.

With a flick of his wrist, Alex slashed at the air twice in an instant, his blade blurry when witnessed by an outsider. The edge was swift enough that no wind was allowed to rustle and create a breeze, the humid air of the ruins remaining tranquil.

"My overall combat efficiency has increased by 30%, at least. This way, I'll at least be able to move on my own..." He thought to himself, sheathing his blade once he was finished testing his skills.

As the events unfolded around him, William's eyes darted between the shadowy figures, his initial excitement dampened by the tense atmosphere that seemed to be building. This gathering of strangers was far from the heroic team-up he had imagined.

He observed the interactions, silently contemplating the best approach. He wanted to help ease the tension, but he knew that rushing in could potentially make things worse. So, for the moment, he choose to keep his distance and gauge the dynamics of the group.

But just as he was lost in thought, a sudden pebble came hurtling towards him, catching him completely off guard. With a yelp of surprise, he staggered back a step, almost tripping over a loose stone. His initial surprise quickly turned into sheer confusion. Why would someone throw a pebble at him outta nowhere? Was it meant as some kind of joke or test?

"Uh... Okay then," William stammered, unsure how to react. "Pebble-throwing, a new form of greeting, I suppose?"
"When you're led into a dark cave by a voice in your head, it might as well be," He answered, "Canis Baskerville. Mercenary."

"Names are for friends, so I don't need one." Kaltharia said, wincing internally at giving our her name freely to individuals lik3 this

What was first a precarious situation quickly diffused and a pleasant atmosphere enveloped the broken halls
The presence of fellow humans does wonder to ones psyche, after your harsh travels through the Darkness.

"You are finally here"

A oh so familiar voice speaks, followed by a blinding spark of Light

7ZCfNNN.png

As quickly as possible, you try to regain your vision. But yet again, you are greeted with something familiar

nd7Db6S.png

Gracefully she descended, the one who visited your dreams and visions.

And now you know, that your odyssey had a purpose. That you were not tempted by evil into Darkness.
Divinity existed. And it stood in front of you. The world can be saved, your home can be saved. Your loved ones can be saved.
That is the hope that you gained.

"Hallowed be thy presence, I greet thy brave souls"

XwgC9Ld.jpg

"My name is Aina. It was me who summoned thee."

"well, Aina, i am Galen, I'm sure you know that but I tend to be formal with certain important matters, and this is one of those important matters, anyway, could you answer the question that we all have that was asked by our partner here" He said referring to Kaltharia

Baskerville observed the divine figure that spoke to and greeted them. He wanted to learn more about what her deal was. Was she really trying to destroy the darkness out of the goodness of her heart, or was there some kind of ulterior motive? He was all for eliminating the darkness, but he didn't want to end up as some kind of pawn in something that could be just as bad that comes after it...

This was the moment that he had been waiting for, the encounter that will change everything.

"Hallowed be thy presence, Enna!" he exclaimed with a touch of reverence as he attempted to mimic Aina's Old English way of speaking. With a dramatic flourish of his cape, he continued "As the Night Owl, sworn guardian of the night, I shall show darkness that we are not to be trifled with!" Infusing his words with a touch of theatricality as he fully embraced his persona.

wziMWm9.png

"I thank thee all for thy presence in this perilous times. Allow me to properly introduce myself; My name is Aina, a messenger of thy Lord the Divine. I'm certain that thou all have many questions that demand answers, and I will answer them soon. But first, the main issue at hand.​
She beckons you deeper into the ruins. She leads you through the halls of a certaintly once imposing building.
You can't shake away the uneasiness of slight outerwordly feeling seeing them.
22By6PE.png

Quite human, and yet so different.

While you continue to creep through the halls, alerted by the strange and foreign situation, Aina suddenly continues
wziMWm9.png

"As thee have already noticed, Asiyah, that is your world, is ending. The divine Light, that used to emanate this world, can't reach Asiyah no more, thanks to the ten muddied lenses through which it shoned. Darkness is now eating away, melting away the structures of form and obscuring the warmth of life itself.

The Situation will worsen, with each passing month, nay, each day, until the void itself has been claimed. And this is there thee come into play. Thou soul shine bright independently of the Divine. Like a lone candle, you shine. Even if the very sun itself ceases to, you burn. You will be your own guiding Light, illuminating your own Path. You can see, when other were blinded.

And I will be there, teaching and guiding you through all Ten Spheres, cleansing them of the evil that dirtied them and granting Asiyah back its rightful claim to the warm embrace of thy Lord's Divinity. I beg of thee; Accompany me on this journey. Please, help me save the world.​

[As you might have guessed, Aina will serve as a informant and guide. You may ask her lore related questions in-character if you are interested. She will also comment on future characters and drive the plot foward.]

Corin continued to listen closely while looking around at the strange ruins. She was able to get a rough idea of what they were called here to do but something seemed odd. "Our souls shine?" She asks not really believing it.

She beckons you deeper into the ruins. She leads you through the halls of a certaintly once imposing building.
You can't shake away the uneasiness of slight outerwordly feeling seeing them.
22By6PE.png

Quite human, and yet so different.

While you continue to creep through the halls, alerted by the strange and foreign situation, Aina suddenly continues

Corin continued to listen closely while looking around at the strange ruins. She was able to get a rough idea of what they were called here to do but something seemed odd. "Our souls shine?" She asks not really believing it.
"Would you care to elaborate on that a little further?" Baskerville asked, "As well as why it's this specific group as opposed to any other possible group of individuals?"

"...And what's the catch." Kaltharia asked, despite how cold she'd become, that plea struck her, it struck her hard... and now... her question was a silent plea for her to dismiss this, to leave... but to what? If her world was dying or in darkness there was nothing to go back to, so what? Find the path to another world? Preposterous... much as she hated to admit it to herself, she couldn't leave, and she had to go for this, no matter what.

Dismas stared at the divine being before him for a moment, before shaking his head.

"...Don't know anything about this...shining light stuff, but I'll follow if you lead. not much choice either way, if what you say is true."

wziMWm9.png

"Absolutly. A unmistakeable radiance comes forth thy soul, like everyone else present."​
"Would you care to elaborate on that a little further?" Baskerville asked, "As well as why it's this specific group as opposed to any other possible group of individuals?"
wziMWm9.png

"A radiant soul is a sign of great Willpower and Vitality. Like I mentioned before, ye souls flicker with the essence of Life itself, illumaniting your existance through the Darkness. Thou illuminated a path to each other and followed it, leading to this group. And unmistakeably, thou followed the path I illuminated, leading ye all to me.

This ruins are the last region onto which The Light of the Divine can reach Asiyah. Only here can I follow a Path into the Ten Spheres."​
"...And what's the catch." Kaltharia asked, despite how cold she'd become, that plea struck her, it struck her hard... and now... her question was a silent plea for her to dismiss this, to leave... but to what? If her world was dying or in darkness there was nothing to go back to, so what? Find the path to another world? Preposterous... much as she hated to admit it to herself, she couldn't leave, and she had to go for this, no matter what.
wziMWm9.png

"It will be a treacherous journey. All Ten Spheres hath been blighted by evil that gathered inside them. I suffer greatly at the though to ask thee to undertake this journey, but only a human of great willpower can weather the malice upon us."​
Dismas stared at the divine being before him for a moment, before shaking his head.

"...Don't know anything about this...shining light stuff, but I'll follow if you lead. not much choice either way, if what you say is true."
wziMWm9.png

"I thank thee."​

The Angel smiled, before continuing her brisk walk through the ruins. In silence you wander, pondering over the Information Aina granted you, until you
reached the innermost region of the olden structure.
QUKzYDS.png

Before you stand a gate, radiating a feeling of genuine warmth. No, something even more famliar, like Life itself pulsates its heartbeat
towards you. You have never been here before, and you will never be here again.
But you can tell, where this gate will lead.
You have reached the treshhold of Asiyah.

Aina, standing right before it, faces you again

wziMWm9.png

"Beyond this gate, we shall ascend, leaving Asiyah behind and into the unknown. This is the last moment... I need ye on this journey but... I shan't force ye to accompany me. Should thee decide to, thou can remain here. This house will remain unsullied just a little while longer. It will also be possible for thee to return home, back to thy loved ones. A Soul always remembers the path home. And I understand the feeling of wanting to spend the last moments between kin. Afterall, I can't guarantee success, even if failure shan't be permitted. But we have to try. For Asiyah, for the world in its beauty, and humanity. Because the Lord loves ye. And so do I.

So I ask ye all again; Will you wander with me? Onwards, towards the Pathways into the Light?"​

Last edited:
Kaltharia frowned, she hated it, she hated it so much! And yet, she had to. She had no friends or family, they were all killed or became lost to her when she secluded herself, all she had was her training and her bitterness... but...

"Very well, I'm in. Are you with us always or will you perform damage control?" Kaltharia asked the angel, heaving a breath

“Willpower and vitality,” Corin mused after listening to the explanations. She still wasn’t sure if she was really meant for this task but deep inside she knew that if she didn’t take part there would be nothing in her life that meant anything. Feeling a mixture of emotions that she wasn’t quite sure of Corin spoke, “Not like I’ve got anything else worth doing or waiting for me and just staying here sounds like torture. You can count me in.”

Back