• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Patrolled feature

Darkness552

VS Battles
Retired
This will allow Admins who checked a edit and if the edit is good it won't show up in the back log so you won't be bothered with it as another admin already checked the edit it can save us from wasting energy checking good edits made by members

Basically, if an edit is a good one/sanctioned edit, you mark it as patrolled.

On the Special:RecentChanges page, you can select the option "Hide Patrolled Edits".

Lord K added this feature into the wiki and i was letting you guys know about it if you didn't know already

although i would like to add this as my own opinion on using the feature, if there is a bad edit or you are unsure about an edit don't mark it as patrolled so all admins can view it and see what was changed and what happened

Hmm. This seems like a very good idea if we use it responsibly. It would make it easier to share the work. It might take a while until we get used to using it though.

However, as Darkness said, if you do not know (have enough information to evaluate) if an edit is good or not, please avoid marking it as patrolled.

Also, I am uncertain how to mark an edit as patrolled? I did not see the option in the editing history.

also i believe for it work out completely for each admin is if we all hide the patrolled edits otherwise we would be marking things for nothing

Agreed, but we have to do this responsibly, and not use it to hide edits from each other.

of course i was also going to say we should one of us not hide the edits just to play overseer

@Antvasima:

1. Click on the (diff) which appears beside page changes on Special:RecentChanges. You should see the mark as patrolled button.
  2. Well, there is also a patrol log, to review who marked exactly what as a patrolled edit, so the mark as patrolled cannot exactly be misused, nor can it be used to "hide" edits.

Hmm. I have tried out this feature, and noticed that you cannot mark a row of several edits as patrolled. In such instances, in case one or several users have done more than one edit during the day, is it enough to mark the latest edits as patrolled to save the other admins some work, or will this still let the preceding edits show up in the edit history for them?

Sorry, it is for a singular edit only. Have to mark every instance of the edit.

Not sure, though. Perhaps you could confirm on Community Central?

Oh, it would take very long to mark all of the edits threads of 10+ edits as okay. If this is the case, that would make our work significantly more time consuming instead. I will check on community central.

I have asked here. You can write additional specifications if you wish.

Hmm...I'll interject if necessary (depends on the response).

Back