• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

For those unwilling or unable to use Twitter, the link's contents say:

"The next #PokemonPresents arrives soon, Trainers! Tune in to our official YouTube channel at 6:00 a.m. PDT on August 8 for 35 minutes of Pokémon news and updates! https://bit.ly/47w7TV5"

& the bit.ly link is a link to their Official Youtube Channel.

There's also a 15 second long video that IDK how to properly link to without just linking to the post, but it seems to be the Pokemon Present logo with some kind of glitchyness &/or electrical shorting happen? Purple glowy-ness, too.

Weird that there'd be purple (AKA, "violet".) without red/orange ("Scarlet".) in my opinion.

In just over 8 hours & 20 minutes from the time I'm posting this, the Pokemon Presents will air!

If you're sleepy & awake now, maybe you should set your alarms in preparation for it!

It'll be shown through Pokemon's official livestreams, such as on Youtube & Twitch, & maybe 1 of Nintendo or Pokemon's own websites?

What are you hoping for?
What are you expecting?

Waiting with baited breath for the website to update & the trailers to reupload to see if we get any info on the... what... 4 or so newly revealed Pokemon.

2 anime webseries. I don't have high hopes for them.
They really end-loaded this Presents, it seems.

230808_06.png

Also, Paradox Raikou's neck clouds are way less billowy, & are flung around like a scarf in-game. Interesting detail.

New faculty member, Ms. Briar: https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-ca/news/explore_kitakami/
"Ms. Briar is a teacher at Blueberry Academy and is in charge of the school trip you’ll be embarking on. She’ll visit your academy in the Paldea region to meet you before setting out. Briar has an extremely inquisitive disposition and shows a keen interest in the Terastal phenomenon."

Highly inquisitive & has an interest in the Terastal Phenomenon.
I think she's suspicious.

New Terapagos info!

(I still believe there's another form/evolution, as it still lacks the Hexagonal Plates.)

The names & appearance of the 2 new Paradox Pokemon:

(I like how the thumbnail in the news section uses the Past Paradox Pokemon. Do even the devs know/consider the robotic Future Pokemon as so unexciting now, lol? Then again, design-wise & competitively, I have heard many say Iron Leaves was much worse than Walking Wake.)

At least for these 2, we get more than just their name & appearance:
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-ca/pokemon/dipplin/

Dipplin is 40 cm to Applin's 20. I'd wonder how much of it is the stick, but it's also 4.4 kg to Applin's 0.5 kg; Almost 9 times heavier!

I wonder how it'll evolve. Will the apples for Applin's other Evolutions be accessible in Kitakami's Orchards?

"Dipplin’s Ability: Supersweet Syrup
Dipplin’s Supersweet Syrup Ability appears for the first time in Part 1: The Teal Mask. When Dipplin first enters battle, the scent of its syrup spreads across the battlefield, lowering the evasiveness of opposing Pokémon."

Is making it activate upon Switch in & not costing a move slot (Like Intimidate vs Growl?) enough to make Sweet Scent viable...?
Then again, the opponent could just switch, so it's not like this is Pseudo-Gravity.
Sadly, I suspect this'll be more relevant in Doubles, as Pokemon often tries to cater to.

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-ca/pokemon/archaludon/

"New Move: Electro Shot
With this Electric-type special move, Archaludon gathers vast quantities of energy and fires off a high-voltage bolt of electricity. Under rainy weather conditions, Archaludon can immediately fire off this attack without having to spend time charging it up."

Electric-type Solar Beam for Rain?
On one hand, I hope other Electric type get this. On the other, this better have some good upsides to compete with Thunder. Maybe it's Physical? Archaludon seems to get Electricity Manipulation, based on the text & images.

Duraludon can learn Thunder by TM, & has the 120 Sp. Atk to go with it, too.
Since Archaludon's an evolution of a 535 BST Pokemon, I wonder if it'll get any BST increase at all, or if it'll just get a rearranging like Scyther to Scizor.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't notice this earlier, but we got release dates! Or at least, 1, maybe 1 & a half of them!

The Teal Mask is coming out September 13th, 2023!
& The Indigo Disk is coming out Winter 2023!

I think that Ogerpon's Tera was very dull, especially when counting with him only two pokemon have exclusive Tera forms, they could have been more creative.

I think that Ogerpon's Tera was very dull, especially when counting with him only two pokemon have exclusive Tera forms, they could have been more creative.
Maybe it'll differ for non-Normal types.

The real outrage is "Baby Terapagos" being the Normal form & "Terapagos" being a Tera Form instead of a second stage; If Terapagos comes back, we'll be stuck with the ugly baby!
& what's worse is we're almost certainly getting another evolution/form, because neither Terapagos form (Ugh) has hexagonal plates like it was described & which fits the motif.
ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS MAKE IT A 3-STAGE EVOLUTIONARY LINE, GAME FREAK.

Maybe it'll differ for non-Normal types.

The real outrage is "Baby Terapagos" being the Normal form & "Terapagos" being a Tera Form instead of a second stage; If Terapagos comes back, we'll be stuck with the ugly baby!
& what's worse is we're almost certainly getting another evolution/form, because neither Terapagos form (Ugh) has hexagonal plates like it was described & which fits the motif.
ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS MAKE IT A 3-STAGE EVOLUTIONARY LINE, GAME FREAK.
Well I didn't get attached to any of the Terapagos versions but Ogerpon hooked me right away so I don't care for them that much and I'm not going to lie I have a bias towards Grass Pokemon🤷

Is this accurate?
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-d4ZRbGsZzW8E.jpg
Not really, Digimon is much more lore than really on-screen stuff because the very concept of Digimon is that everything you see is an oversimplification of what really happens (So visuals and common sense are rarely ever at play for higher-end stuff).

In that case, Pokémon gets a lot more on-screen stuff in the rare moments it shows something crazy than Digimon most of the time.

Pretty sure Digimon has like more impressive lookin on-screen feats tho
Almost never. The more "cosmic" on screen that looks impressive Digimon ever got was still in Frontier with a battle that destroyed a few moons and was creating effects bigger than a planet (In that case on-screen Arceus releasing the whirlpool of energy across space-times is much more impressive).

"high on-screen feats" are like, "the lore says that thing that didn't look impressive is actually very impressive and is universe-level". So, the feats themselves are high if you dig deep into the lore that almost never left Japan officially, if you go by visuals alone, it's rarely impressive.

Most of the Digimon debaters I've seen have debated by wanking their onscreen feats.
If it's done by using something only known in-lore/background settings, I wouldn't call it onscreen feat because the classification isn't dependent on what appears in the screen, but by context not seen. Like if someone went on to burn a book and some obscure piece of media states it's not just a book, but an infinite multiverse compressed into a single book, I wouldn't call that just an on-screen feat . The feat happened on-screen, but the reason why it's that high isn't there, but in the supplementary material. That is basically what Digimon is, there's a lot of what you could call "on-screen feats", but they aren't high because of what happens in the screen, but by context added in interviews, books, and more. From what the producers themselves said "there's a limit to what can be shown in the screen", so most of the time they never address the lore directly in the shows themselves because they have other things they want to work on.

Finally the Hoenn games get to get in on the glitchyness, thanks to using Mail, of all things, to enable a tile corruption glitch, letting players not only clone Rare Candy -Something to do with weird memory slot limitations involving mail.- as well as get to OoB Water, encounter & catch a high level Tentacool, level it to 100 & sweep with their Level 100 Tentacruel.

....Sadly, they still can't skip Evergrande's Waterfall.

Masters actually does get Hoenn to Tier 2, though. In USUM, Wally fights even with Elio, and even May's Marshtomp can beat a current Wally (and Brendan is stronger than her)

Back