• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Trainer revisions (RPG Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So have you decided what should be applied now?

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I just thought of it. If we’re counting optional events, could we scale Giovanni, the Kanto Elite Four, Champion Blue and End-Game Red to the legendary birds?

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I just thought of it. If we’re counting optional events, could we scale Giovanni, the Kanto Elite Four, Champion Blue and End-Game Red to the legendary birds?
I think the difference is that the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra are active storylines that happen in Sw/Sh, much like how we consider postgame stories despite those technically being optional. So, I'm not fully sure on this. I'd wait for more input

Made a sandbox compiling everything that was agreed upon, the only remaining points of contention seem to be if the Gen 1 characters can scale to the legendary birds.
Can somebody list all of the staff members who have helped out in this thread, so I can call for them, please?

Let me know if I missed anyone else that this would scale to. I believe all of the characters with PWT keys would be 2-B, likely 2-A via scaling to Cynthia, but I’m not completely sure on that.
  • Gen 2 Red and Blue become 5-B
  • Gen 8 characters scale to 2-B, likely 2-A
I thought we agreed not to scale via facility. Places like the Battle Tree, Battle Tower and PWT have set power levels to put all Pokemon on an equal playing field. Even then, Cynthia would likely only scale to the other competitors in the champion tournament. We should also scale to mandatory battles (e.g. cover legendaries), so I'm unsure about the gen 8 character scaling.

Gen 2 Red is via Mewtwo I suppose, not sure about Blue.

I thought we agreed not to scale via facility. Places like the Battle Tree, Battle Tower and PWT have set power levels to put all Pokemon on an equal playing field. Even then, Cynthia would likely only scale to the other competitors in the champion tournament. We should also scale to mandatory battles (e.g. cover legendaries), so I'm unsure about the gen 8 character scaling.

Gen 2 Red is via Mewtwo I suppose, not sure about Blue.
That’s why LordTracer said if we do, he himself isn’t proposing their usage, just unsure if we were using facilities or not

I think the Gen 8 scaling is fine because regardless of when it is done, the Crown Tundra is something that canonically does happen, along with Dynamax Adventures by extension (as Peony introduces you to them and also has you go through one to help him look for Nia)

Isn't Peony a former champion though? It makes no sense to scale the player to him when they can do all of this before Gym 1

So what about the Island of Armor battle with Mustard? Another past Champion?

You can also do that before Gym 1
Your first fight with him scales down to how many Gym Badges you have, and that’s just him testing you. Your actual fight with his champion level team can’t be done until your Kubfu evolves into Urshifu, which requires getting Kubfu to level 70

Made a sandbox compiling everything that was agreed upon, the only remaining points of contention seem to be if the Gen 1 characters can scale to the legendary birds.
Everything in this blog has been agreed on I believe, in addition to:

• PWT and Battle Tree keys will not be made due to them equalizing strength
  • Gen 2 Red and Blue will be 5-B scaling from Mewtwo (Gen 2 takes place after Red canonically battled Mewtwo)

Okay. As long as our staff have agreed with it together, it can probably be applied.

However, which staff members have accepted it so far?

Myself, Elizhaa, LordTracer, and GyroNutz (GyroNutz is unsure about the Gen 8 scaling but is fine with everything else. Everyone else has agreed to everything mentioned)

Myself, Elizhaa, LordTracer, and GyroNutz (GyroNutz is unsure about the Gen 8 scaling but is fine with everything else. Everyone else has agreed to everything mentioned)
Okay. That should probably be sufficient. Thank you for the information.

Aight I’m here. I’m still fully backing what I was saying prior. Gen 9 changes nothing for now. PWT/BT just gives every relevant person tier 2.
Also Gen 2 would get tier 2. Red fights Ethan after the Sinjoh Ruins event, giving Ethan Arceus avatar scaling (credits roll for the final time after Red, implying that it’s the last event for him).

Aight I’m here. I’m still fully backing what I was saying prior. Gen 9 changes nothing for now. PWT/BT just gives every relevant person tier 2.
Also Gen 2 would get tier 2. Red fights Ethan after the Sinjoh Ruins event, giving Ethan Arceus avatar scaling (credits roll for the final time after Red, implying that it’s the last event for him).
Why does Red scale to arceus?

The Sinjoh Ruins was a limited time event so I'm not sure how that would factor in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back