• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible additional key for Sonic characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So then, Mario got nerfed recently. Without power stars, that is. With power stars, basically every Mario character to ever exist within ten miles of a power star got a High 4-C to 3-C key. But not Waluigi. Press F to pay respect. But that got me thinking. The only reason Chaos 6 is 5-B is due to it having six chaos emeralds. Wouldn't this apply to other Sonic characters, as well? This would mean that most Sonic characters should have a 5-B tier for when they have six chaos emeralds on hand. Any bosses they fight when they non optionally (Meaning not running around trying to get enough rings for the seventh chaos emerald in Sonic 2, desperately trying to get to go super sonic once before you beat the game) have six or more chaos emeralds. This would also make bosses that fight characters with seven chaos emeralds that don't go super (Like every classic Sonic final boss excluding Doomsday Zone) at least 5-B. This would make Sonic's tiering, for example, go like this. Tier: 8-A | High 6-A | 5-B | High 4-C | Low 2-C | Varies. 4-A to 2-C

Key:
Classic Sonic | Adventure, Modern, and Werehog Sonic | With six Chaos Emeralds | Excalibur Sonic | Darkspine Sonic | Super Sonic

This buff would effect:

Most main characters

Several second-to-last bosses (Like the Egg Dragoon)

All Classic Sonic final bosses (Including Mecha Sonic)

Also, if it makes no sence that Eggman's machines would randomly be 5-B, this is the man who's creations randomly jump from High 6-A to 4-A constantly.

The problem is that the Chaos Emeralds are so crazy inconsistent, even 2 or so emeralds can make planet level feats. Or Emerl with all seven going to bust the planet. I'm not against it, per se, but it seems... Weird.

I think I remembered it wrong. I could've sworn there was something like that somewhere.

Edit: Yeah, I think I just misremembered a different scene.

All the more reason for this to be valid. In fact, that feat probably would bring Adventure and Modern Sonic (And possibly even Classic) to 5-B even without emeralds. Wow, 5-B Sonic might be happening and it has nothing to do with Chaos 6 or Ultimate Emerl.

I think I can agree with this. A "With Chaos Emeralds" key should be alright.

Though I don't think this can apply to every character in the series. Characters like Charmy Bee, Cream, and Amy aren't known to be able to harness Chaos Energy.

I think this would only apply to: Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Black Doom, Mephiles, likely Emerl, and anyone else who has harnessed energy from Chaos Emerald (s) to amp themselves.

Edit: Or not lol

AD INFINITUM 444 said:
Eggman performed a planet level feat with a single emerald in Sonic Advance 3.
Actually all the seven chaos emerads would be more consistent since the main plot is to gather all of them to undo the splitting, we decided that the Sonic verse has mostly tier 6 feats for the cast to scale so we will not scale them to 5-B nor 5-A, laslty giving that with emeralds key would be useless and there is a Super Sonic revision thread where the at least 5-A will be used as a low end of for the super forms.

Note: Waluigi likely scales to characters like Daisy.

I disagree with a tier 5 low end,beings like Perfect Chaos got stomped by Super Sonic & Imperfect Dark Gaia was the one who shattered the Earth. Finalhazard is really the only tier 5 event that involved 2 Super States & they couldn't even be injured by it.

The Master Emerald was forged to specifically nullify & control the Chaos Emeralds,that doesn't really invalidate a single emerald performing a planetary feat.

I still believe that, if 5-A does turn into the low-end for Super Sonic, 4-A should still be listed. There are actual feats for the placement to begin with.

Back in the classic era the Master Emerald empowered Mecha Sonic to its super state. Also in the Adventure Era their best feat as six only did a 5-B feat, so anything more is probably outlier [Sonic and Knuckles attack did not affected Chaos 6]. Giving them a with Emeralds key is unnecessary.

The tier 5 feat with six was with 50 year old technology & before Advance 3's,Eggman likely had better understanding & better tech than Gerald. Sonic & Knuckles Attacks not harming Chaos 6 way back in the day shouldn't be a benchmark for where they stand currently.

Currently they were impressed and going to get killed by Infinite sun attack that at best i saw it as High 6-A+, if they were stronger than that they would have not been impressed and told him that they would have tanked it, something that did not happened.

Assuming it was an extremely small star when Eggman States That THE sun will fall,it could've been suspended by Infinite much further away than most assume it was,waiting for deployment.

The Phantom Ruby that Infinite had was also a prototype,the True one was in Eggman's possession & got overclocked,that makes Death Egg Robot>>>>Infinite & it was still defeated by Sonic & Co.

Just because an attack is a cirtain size dosn't mean it can't be more powerful. Not to mention it could be author arrogance, when an author dosn't know how powerful they made their own character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back