• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Garou and Saitama (And maybe Boros?) Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. From what Chaostheory made of Saitama's moon jump feat, someone translated it as being 0.042c. Which if i'm reading it correctlyby VS's speed scale, would make Casual Saitama boy (and by extension Monster Garou?....and Boros at his most powerfu) Sub Rela, just under the benchmark of Sub-Rela+.

The high end, while not very much, would just bump them to only around the start of Sub-Rela+ so......yeah.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Hmm. From what Chaostheory made of Saitama's moon jump feat, someone translated it as being 0.042c. Which if i'm reading it correctlyby VS's speed scale, would make Casual Saitama boy (and by extension Monster Garou?....and Boros at his most powerfu) Sub Rela, just under the benchmark of Sub-Rela+.
The high end, while not very much, would just bump them to only around the start of Sub-Rela+ so......yeah.
True but saitama was stronger than Boros at his strongest

This calc puts Garou at Sub Rel who was stated to be equal to Boros which makes more sense IMO

@Core the whole "turning into beams of light" has already been decided to be just an artistic choice. If they truly turned into light then they wouldn't have been able to hit each other or have mass. Unless we want to upgrade RWBY to lightspeed then we should probably not always go by how a character looks to the audience necessarily.

Ryukama said:
@Core the whole "turning into beams of light" has already been decided to be just an artistic choice. If they truly turned into light then they wouldn't have been able to hit each other or have mass. Unless we want to upgrade RWBY to lightspeed then we should probably not always go by how a character looks to the audience necessarily.
whoa bruh that emo guy just shot a bullet out of his shoe and broke that bitch's phone before slapping her around

hardcore

Ryukama said:
I did say blur, not turn into. Of course considering how much other feats from the show's fastest there are, is it really that surprising for OPM to have lightspeed characters? OPM isn't like RWBY where the characters are on a level that their best feats are dodging lightning. Meanwhile you have lasers, moon jumping, guys who calls themselves lightspeed flash, and people who claim this guy can unleash infinite clones (to Sonic's perception at least)

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
I did say blur, not turn into. Of course considering how much other feats from the show's fastest there are, is it really that surprising for OPM to have lightspeed characters? OPM isn't like RWBY where the characters are on a level that their best feats are dodging lightning. Meanwhile you have lasers, moon jumping, guys who calls themselves lightspeed flash, and people who claim this guy can unleash infinite clones (to Sonic's perception at least)
"Blurring into light" is even worse since once again that is merely perception (i.e. the characters looking like they are beams of light.) I'm sorry that I mistook you since I've encountered many other people that claim they turned into light based off this, but my overall point is still correct.

This is nothing but a visual effect. It is exactly like the one RWBY had and just because OPM has higher speed feats than RWBY doesn't change that. The moon jumping feat and lasers are FAR from the speed of light and assuming that a visual effect is light speed just because of those feats is pretty presumptious. Also if you admit that "infinite afterimages" is merely just perception and likely not representative of the true speed, then at the same token that the audience percieving these characters to be beams of light isn't necessarily accurate to their actual speed.

this aint the earth. ridicoulus calc. there is nothing to discuss about. these are the debris who get send flying with him in the first page

this is among the most embarassing wanking attempts i have ever witnessed

It's not even wanking though? He is already sub-rel from another calc and Tatsumaki is MHS+ from her own.

ONE does indeed draw like shit so its not like we can actually tell, especially when he uses a black background like that.

the calc basically assumes ONE can not draw a freaking circle. the entire thing is completely ignoring the debris got send up flying with garou 2 panels prior to him having his inner monolouge. on top the black background also is visible when saitama looks into the sky, meaning its clearly depicted as dramatic effect before garous "absolute evil" transformation. heck, i dont even start with how the debris among that supposed diamond-shaped earth (lol) dont even resemble the system we live in

the entire calc bases it result of wishful thinking and "loldrawing" arguments, completely neglecting the entire context surrounding it

ffs. even in the second page where he is still flying there suddenly is no black background surrounding him and he is still in crystal clear sky.

i for once can live with authors intent despite it not being completely shown or drawn well - but there is a limit for everything. and my god in this case the limit got SHATTERED

Well, its entirely fine to leave this alone until the manga reaches that point, in the same way we leave alone Tatsumaki's mountain dragging feat.

i am sorry if i sound agressive but in terms of OPM i dont know why, but people appear to pull out the most random and bizarre arguments they can pull out their ass to justify any form of upgrade. which is what makes me..

well. angry. this is not how calcs are meant to be used

the picture doesnt indicate he got send to space in the first place. in the next picture he also is surrounded by crystal clear sky again as well.

so yeha. nothing to calc and upgrade here

So, can anyone here mind linking the entire chapter from where that feat was from? Perhaps I may take a look at it and see what can be dug out.

Can we just wait when either the author dies of a car accident, ending the manga, or when this will be drawn by Murata somewhere in 2090?

With the slowness of a snail, and the tension of short fuse

Add the irregular schedule and the glacial pace... it will take a while

Alakabamm said:
lol its not that far away. We are already in Garou arc
Just wait a couple of months till Murata decides to continue.

I mean, after January...What? 2-3 Chapters?

You can wait for the remake to catch up and see if the feat is more clear because of the art or if ONE portrays x character's speed as faster than it is thought to be now.

http://mangatraders.org/read-online/Onepunchmanone/chapter-91/index-1/

@Crazy Chapter 91. Though iirc there's a thing against publishing links so I'll delete this if necessary. Looking back at it I find it ridiculous that that thing is even Earth. I'm more than sure now that it's just debris, considering the angle that Garou is flying. However there's also no evidence that Garou was knocked out of orbit considering that his body is burning up too and the fact that his body burnt upmidway through so there's that.... And also the issue with him landing on the other side of Saitama so there's that.

For now we can only wait for the remake that would take ages..... The troubles of being an OPM fan

Anyway @Ryukama, the difference between OPM and RWBY is that one verse clearly has more ridiculous feats than a bunch of high school students and would be more believable to have SoL characters. But let's just drop that argument.

@COB That difference once again means nothing. An invalid feat is an invalid feat. Regardless if the result of that invalid feat matches other feats within the series. (Actually it really doesn't. OPM's current best speed feat is 20-100 times slower than what you are proposing. But whatever)

Both RWBY and OPM looking like light due to their speed does not make it SoL. Simply saying we should make an exception for OPM despite these "feats" falling under the same category is special pleading.

I already said let's drop the topic since I already conceded but all I'm saying is if given the choice, people would probably say that the franchise One Punch Man would be much more likely to have an SoL character than RWBY, if they were asked "Which verse do you think would have the possibility of a Speed of light character in it?". So really it's just a thought on which verse is stronger. I'm not saying OPM needs to have SOL. I'm just saying that the verse which contains OP heroes that make fun of OP heroes, are like that.

Tldr, I already conceded. I'm not saying OPM has SOL. Done.

Edit - Sides when did RWBY get a feat that made any character they have look like light without the WoG statement anyway?

@COB If you truly no longer cared about this debate you wouldn't give your last words and then tell me to drop it. You would've simply said let's drop it. You're basically trying to make sure you get the last word in and then seem like I am in the wrong for at least wanting to say something to that.

Once again OPM being more likely to be SoL than RWBY means absolutely nothing. The fact of the matter is that particular showing you brought up is not a lightspeed feat.

Let's say we made two calcs for two different verses. Both calcs are based off calc stacking and cinematic timing. That's mean both calcs are invalid. The fact that the result of one of those calcs matches the speed of the verses's other feats would not change that the feat is invalid.

Why do you think there is a discrepency over the Garou calc right now? This feat would still be Sub-Rel. The issue is whether or not the calc is actually valid. By your logic we should ignore any doubt and just accept the calc since OPM likely is Sub Rel.

However if you are adamant about not talking about this anymore then okay then.

Despite me saying that piece of debris is not Earth you think I believe this calc? Changed my belief on it already my friend.

Oh I have the perfect pic to conclude that then.

Saitama OK

@COB You don't get what I am saying. My point was that despite the result of Garou's calc yielding the same speed as other OPM feats, it is being disputed due to the legitamacy of it.

That is why your arguments of OPM likely being SoL does not change the fact that the showing you presented as SoL simply is not.

I never said that you think the Garou calc is legit. I said by your logic of accepting invalid feats due to the result being consistent, you would have to.

Ah double posted there. May need to delete one of em.

Anyway, as I said, I don't believe it either.

I also conceded on that already and said we should just wait for the redraw and that I'm Skeptical about this feat now that I look at it again. I already conceded that fine, blurring into light is a bad way to claim SoL so I'm a bit lost on what you're trying to say here.

If I believed that logic then I wouldn't support the vast changes of other franchises here and that's simple minded. What I am saying though is that, the calc itself is so questionable right now considering everyone's arguments. Even if we did ignore this calc or accept it, Garou would still be Sub Relativistic as you said. So that's back to square 1. And since my first post on this thread, I already moved to the belief that "Maybe we should just see the remake and see a much more accurate view of the page instead of relying on this considering the changes applied by this doesn't really change anything and how this is pretty much debunked."

And I repeat, where does in RWBY does anyone actually look like light and move at high enough speeds to completel dwarf everything in terms of sheer speed alone?

Actually nevermind all that, just answer the RWBY question. We're going in confusing circles here when we just said we should stop. And sides when I say to others let's drop it, sign of courtesy instead of just leaving the debate or thread alone. Or at least that's what I believe. Oh well.

@COB Don't worry I already deleted it. Thank you for reminding me however.

The only time you explicitly you no longer believe that showing is SoL was when you edited your reply after I had already made my response. You were saying that the reason why the blur to light thing is legit and RWBY isn't is due to OPM having closer feats to SoL.

Also once again I never said I believed that you believe in these illegitamate feats. My point was that just because the result of an invalid feat is consistent, does not mean that the feat itself is still legitamate. That was your main argument for justifying SoL OPM at first.

I did link to you when RWBY looked like light. Here it is again.

"And sides when I say to others let's drop it, sign of courtesy instead of just leaving the debate or thread alone."

However the debate was already untouched for 4 days. Everyone moved on. Then you brought it back up, said your last words and acted like I was not allowed to say mine. You can't really take the moral highground when you brought this back up and then said a response you know I'd want to respond to yet say I shouldn't.

I also said after I finally gave my last words that I'd be willing to drop it if that is what you wanted.

No prob. Is it a glitch? Happened to me a couple of times before on the wiki.

Ah. Then yeah no wonder it got confusing.Aaand that's my issue. That is not anything like a beam of light or even light. Considering the fact that it's not even visually impressive like a beam of light and all. Cause comparing RWBY to OPM on that level of speed is, and compared to most 'speed of light' feats, whether arguable or not, RWBY has none of that. Even if you argue that it's visual imagery it's not really a beam of light. That's what I'm trying to say.

And yeah there's no other link aside from that. Thanks anyway.

I'm technically not the one who brought it back up and just made a remark on yours, before saying the equivalent of "ah forget it" on the same reply though.

Excuse for double posting, but yeah on me claiming the potential for SoL characters? I was only trying to say a possibility of it. Not claim there has to be a possible SoL character there, and yeah using more of the WoG too instead of just visual imagery. It's silly to just use Visual Imagery after all. Then again my wording was off.

@COB not all beams of light are or appear the same. The beam RWBY had does share resemblance to other beams of light.

Also of course I am not saying that RWBY and OPM are comparable in speeds. But once again going by a character looking like a beam of light during a fight scene does not mean they literally are that fast. But since you appear think that now there is nothing more for me to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back