• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Jango Fett upgrade

I'm more neutral and think scaling fodder Jedi to his combat speed is reasonable. But Hellbeast made a good point about it likely being PIS for weaker characters to keep up with top tiers.

I still heavily agree with Relativistic - FTL Jango. He's fought Jedi on more than one occasion, he should somewhat scale to Boba who's done the same, and Mandalorians are consistently portrayed as rivals to the Jedi during the EU.

Also Jango killed Komari Vosa, one of Dooku's acolytes iirc.

If this is EU then I agree. Jango was scouted by Dooku because he killed multiple Jedi which would help in "Order 66" greatly.

Another blaster shot followed, then another, and the Jedi easily picked them both off, deflecting one and turning the other back at Jango. But as the bolt ricocheted toward him, the bounty hunter leapt away, his rocket pack flaring to life, sending him up to the top of the nearby tower.
~ Attack of the Clones novel​
So he also dodged a blaster bolt once.

I agree with the reaction speed upgrades if this is ESU versions.

I'd say it's good to calc speed in which they move compared to he lasers.

I suddenly feel like making calcs based on the speed of the blaster bolts may be calc stacking. Any chance for us to just give characters the same speed of the blaster bolts instead of the higher results given when they dodge them?

If the blasters are scientifically Lightspeed, then it's fine to compare the speed of the characters moving in comparison. Calc Stacking is for reacting to attacks that don't have static speeds such as other characters moving. But a blaster with an already cut and dry Speed of Light attack speed isn't calc stacking.

They are lasers to be specific; not a flash light or anything like that.

If we're using Legends

• Jango killed six+ Jedi with his bare hands
  • He was chosen to be the template for the Clone Army becauze he beat a Dark Jedi 1 vs 1
  • Boba Fett in TFUII was capable of taking down Jedi Masters but not Proxy running Jango's combat program
  • Mace Windu said in personal thought narration that if he went for the kill against Dooku in AotC Jango would've killed him right after
As for blasters in Legends they vary speed wise. Sometimes they're subsonic plasma bolts sometimes they're SoL particles beams. Honestly just depends on the author and era it was written in.

Dooku brought a Jedi strike team to kill/stop Jango's mandolrians. After killing the rest of his tribe-squad he fought and beat the entire team besides Dooku, who stopped the fighting because he realized they were tricked or something.

So not Jedi Masters, but beating six+ knights with his bare hands is still notable supporting evidence.

EDIT: Wait, I remembered that I made of album of that scene forever ago

Honestly I think it should always be a case by case basis. But from my experience it's assumed Legends blasters are always SoL, despite how little sense that makes in regards to a decent amount of C and T-Canon

Barring one shot outliers like the brothers from Jinn's story or Mundi's padawan you're probably right. You want me to get scans of the other stuff I mentioned Spino?

Guess the Boba Fett incident is iffy. But Kota was also blind after his encounter with Starkiller in TFUI, which might explain it.

Guess I'll post my stuff

AotC Mace had trouble deflecting his shots (from the Novelization)

Finally, the huge bullish creature swayed, and Jango wisely rolled out the far side, opposite Mace, as the beast collapsed.The Jedi was on him immediately, lightsaber weaving through the air. Jango dodged and lifted into the air with his rockets, trying to keep one step ahead of that deadly blade and to occasionally fire a bolt at Mace.

The man was good, Mace had to admit. Very good, and more than once the Jedi had to parry desperately to turn a bolt aside. He kept up his offensive flurry, though, keeping Jango on the defensive with sudden stabs and slashing cuts.

Mace's quote from Shatterpoint

My blade doesn't light the underside of Fett's square jaw. I don't waste time with words. I don't hesitate. I believe. In my dreams, the purple flare of my blade sizzles the gray hairs of Dooku's beard, and in the critical semisecond it takes Jango Fett to aim and fire, I twitch that blade and take Dooku with me into death. And save the galaxy from civil war.

I could have done it

I don't have the cutscene on hand. But it is canon that in hos solo game Jango beat a Dark Jedi in direct combat without her being nerfed in any way.

'''FTL''' appears to be a very common feat in the Legends continuity.

So have you reached a conclusion here then?

FTL Jango and maybe a AP upgrade for him and Boba for beating up Jedi.

Back