• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Kingdom Hearts Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Everlasting

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
So, as many of you may know, Kingdom Hearts is currently rated as 5-A due to two feats mentioned in this blog.

Currently, with the second calc, we use the low-end. However, as mentioned in the comments below (Comment chain being started by ThePerpetual), there is a very strong possibility we should use the high-end, in addition to the first feat being significantly increased as well.

In Kingdom Hearts lore, each star in the night sky is supposed to be another world. This is a detail mentioned several times throughout the series (Such as the prologue of Birth by Sleep), and even shown outright at the very start of Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts 1 (After Destiny Islands had been swallowed by darkness, we see a star disappear).

However, it is also obvious that each world has a sun they orbit around, to maintain a day/night cycle. This points to the idea that the stars are actually what we see in the sky, but they're classified as worlds either because they're connected to each other, or simply because it's how the characters in-universe consider them. Either way, the stars disappearing in conjunction with the worlds seems to be a more reasonable idea than just the worlds disappearing, since planets should logically not possess enough luminosity to actually be viewed as stars.

If this were to be accepted, then the entire cast would be boosted to Large Star level (Not sure if 4.42 Foe from a very casual feat would qualify as Large Star level+). And as a possible additional upgrade, given how interplanetary distances are used for the Gummi Ship trips in the calc here.

This upgrade might allow us to use interstellar distances (Not sure on this), bumping the cast to Massively FTL+ as opposed to just FTL+. However, as I said before, I am unsure if this would apply, though it would help consistency with the previous change.

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Well, as I mentioned earlier, I think that it would make sense if each world had a connected star, and that this was what disappeared in the sky.

Antvasima said:
Well, as I mentioned earlier, I think that it would make sense if each world had a connected star, and that this was what disappeared in the sky.

But is it not less of a stretch that the that the Solar System it self is disappearing? or maybe Heartless use stars to find inhabited planets and that is why they take the star. Sorry for misspelling.

Well i obviously agree to this.

For two reasons:

1) What Ant said and it makes a lot more sense if both the stars AND worlds were restored and/or otherwise.

2) So that i don't have to see Perpetual bring this up again. No offense to him.

Wait, if each world orbits a star and each star was moved at clearly FTL speeds, shouldn't this feat technically be at least Solar System level or maybe even Multi-Solar System level? Large Star level seems way too low for the feat, IMO.

Keep in mind that merely moving the sun at light speed (which would be very slow due it taking light about 4.64 seconds to cross the diameter of the sun and the stars were outright shown moving at multiple times their own diameter per second) would yield 1.8 kiloFoe. 614 times that would be 1.1052 megaFoe, which is solar system busting by our scale.

I think we should go for "At least Solar System level, likely higher" for any character that scales to the constellation feat.

As I said before, I agree with the upgrade. Though I'm not sure if it be Large Star+ or MSS, I'll leave that to the people who are more knowledgeable about the verse decide.

Darkanine said:
As I said before, I agree with the upgrade. Though I'm not sure if it be Large Star+ or MSS, I'll leave that to the people who are more knowledgeable about the verse decide.
I'd prefer having Everlasting talk that out with Gerd on. He's the biggest and most knowledgeable on the whole verse.

I think MSS is a bit to extreme, and a bit unreasonable. Sure, one might interpret it as such, but Large Star is definitely more consistent.

So that's five in favor, one of whom is a bureaucrat.

Would it be okay to add now or should I wait for more input?

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think MSS is a bit to extreme, and a bit unreasonable. Sure, one might interpret it as such, but Large Star is definitely more consistent.
Would regular SS level be fine?

Gerdkinerf said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
How about Solar System for the strongest characters and Large Star for the weaker bosses?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Gerdkinerf said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
How about Solar System for the strongest characters and Large Star for the weaker bosses?
That sounds reasonable.

Given the presence of day-night cycles in each world (to the best of my memory), I can see this as a definite possibility. This is particularly prevalent when traveling between areas like Halloween Town and Agrabah.

The one possible reservation I might have about this is the fact that I don't particularly remember any other stars in the cosmos for this to work, but it may be a result of KH's weird cosmology more than anything.

I'm leaning towards approve in this case.

So that's six now.

Would it be alright to make the upgrades now?

And if I were, would it be Large Star level or Large Star level+?

People like Sora, Terra, Master Xehanort... And basically all protagonists and major villains should be High 4-C+ if not 4-B, while "fodder" like Demyx should be High 4-C.

I'm no calcer, but I might as well bring up a possible speed calc.

The closest star from Earth is Alpha Centauri, which is 4.132*10^16 m away

The Keyblade wielders have visible travel time while in space so... 5 hours?

4.132*10^16m / (5 * 3600s)

2.295...*10^12 m/s / (speed of light) = 7657.15c

Kind of a lowball, but is the most reasonable thing I can come up with outside of pixel-scaling gummi-ship travel itself.

The Everlasting said:
@Cross
I was in the middle of it a few hours ago, but had to go off until now.
It's fine dude, it's fine.

Just was wondering if we had wait more like you said earlier...

Anyways, what's the current agreement so far on this? I'd like a quick recap. Sorry, i'm kind of tired atm...

All the characters being upgraded to High 4-C.

However, the MFTL+ thing hasn't gotten opinions from what I can see, save Reppuzan's mini-calc.

About the Multi-Solar System issue:

We tend to rate that as the energy required to create an omnidirectional explosion, shockwave, or energy burst covering, and destroying the contents of, several solar systems.

However, this seems more like a case of teleportation portal range, creating several stars, rather than causing an explosion covering the entire distance.

I do not know. He will have to elaborate regarding why they should be upgraded to MFTL+.

Fair enough.

Well it seems that most of everybody here have agreed on the Tier upgrade. Just don't know what everyone had agreed on. It seems that Top Tiers like Master Xehanort, Mickey, and Sora become Large Star+, with weaker characters like Demyx being just Large Star....i think.

What about some of the stars being bigger than others? Some "worlds" likely containing solar systems like our own that orbit the Sun? I suppose I technically can't prove it, but it seems pretty darn probable that at least one of the literally hundreds of "worlds" ought of have one if A: the stars are supposed to be representations of worlds, i.e. planets, in the sky as a part of the same unit, and B: This was a particularly casual feat to begin with as far as I can tell, and there exist beings in the verse like Sora who are well above such a characters' equal (Hades). On top of that, the likes of Xemnas required the combined power of two such characters (Sora and Riku) to beat, so there's that.

However: given the gigantic gap between a low 4-B and a low 4-A, assuming they "could" be 4-A seems like ridiculous stat inflation based on what I'm seeing.

Additionally, as far as the speed thing? I guess we can't prove that either, but it was pointed out in the calc itself how great a lowball it is, and how it full well could be significantly higher.

Basically what I'm getting at is

DC/Dura: Large Star level+, (possibly or likely, take your pick) Solar System level for some of the high/top tiers who are above that feat by enough.

Speed: Stays FTL+ for now, but add "likely higher" or something to that effect to it.

Well it's definitely safe to say that Xemnas likely can get the likely/possibly Solar System level tier given how powerful he was after fusing with his broken KH. @Perp

CrossverseCrisis said:
Well it's definitely safe to say that Xemnas likely can get the likely/possibly Solar System level tier given how powerful he was after fusing with his broken KH. @Perp
My thoughts exactly, he was able to fight both Sora and Riku at once whom are both High 4-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back