• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible lifting strength upgrade for Goku and Vegeta

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I notice that both Goku and Vegeta has no calculated measurement on their lifting strength, so I want to know if we can get a rough estimate since we got a pretty impressive feat from both of them. In dbs epsisode 28, Goku and Vegeta were doing 50,000 thumb push-ups while wearing weights that gave a bigger strain than the gravity chamber, stated by vegeta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnGtHRdr9l4

In the next episode, they both took it off, which resulted in the ground sinking due to how heavy they were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSbr5UQRjzY

So what lifting class would it be if you can lift something so heavy it can sink into the ground?

In all seriousness, I'm not entirely sure. Unfortunately, the feat wouldn't be higher than whatever small star's lifting strength equivalent would be, and the fact that it could possibly be that high is because of the comparison to the gravity chamber, which I'm assuming is >500G. But at least it's better than nothing

Well I figured it would be easy since we can compare the weight of the suits to whatever can sink into the ground by itself.

It can at least show how strong they can lift. If DC/ Marvel, or other fictional character have a calculacted number on their lifting strength, then why not dbz characters.

Iirc, the only time that was stated a lifting strength in DBS were in the U6 (or was U7?) tourtament, when SSJ Vegeta couldn't lift 1k tons. @4tira, the lifting strength could be useful in battle, if character is fighting a planet sized character and his LS is small, without looking at the Durability, the planet can crush his enemy,that is just one example tho

DBS manga is secundary canon, statements and feats from there should be considered meanwhile doesn't contradict anything from the anime, if doesn't appears in anime but still without contradict the anime, should be considered canon, at the end, was Toriyama who written that

The anime did that scene first before the manga. And the wiki here considers the dragon ball super anime canon, not the manga.

Antoniofer said:
DBS manga is secundary canon, statements and feats from there should be considered meanwhile doesn't contradict anything from the anime, if doesn't appears in anime but still without contradict the anime, should be considered canon, at the end, was Toriyama who written that
Except the feat OP is talking about directly contradicts what happened in the manga. Main canon had Vegeta doing a feat far greater than what secondary canon's limit was. That is a contradiction. Hence by your own definition this 1000 ton thing does not count.

Welp, if there a calc that imply a higher LS, the manga thing would be contradictory of course. I could calculate it but I think that there no possible way to calculate something sinking in a planet with certain radious/density

if its implied that the clothes are heavier then 500g goku's mass, then the mass would be 500*(goku's official weight in Kg) however that would be a huge outlier anyway because even if goku weighs 130 kg with all the muscles (and he probably weighs less) it would still be only 65 tons, which impossible given the fact that nappa lifted battlship IIRC back saiyen saga...which ways over 40,000 tons, and thats nappa... so i won't put to much into this...

mmm... a characters as Nappa lifting a battleship sound pretty inconsintence comparing with the rest of the serie, maybe it was an anime scene; and Goku lifting 60 tons has sense with the story continuity. Other thing, I calculed that Vegeta is able to exercise a pressure of 240M Pascals, there's a way to transform that to our system?

A while back, I read an article saying that when you perform a push-up you essentially lift 56% of your own mass, just like someone commented.

That thing about the suits weighing beyond Goku/Vegeta's mass at 500xG, is highly plausible.

Let's examine the fact that Nappa lifted a battleship about 40,000 tons, and he was suppressed, to say the least, but I'll scale him to be using 100%.

So, Nappa lifted 40,000 tons in Saiyan Saga. When Yamcha tried to go in Vegeta's Gravity Chamber and used 300xG, he collapsed the same second. We can assume that at that point Yamcha is at least 1.5 /x stronger than Nappa.

So, by scaling that Yamcha would lift 60,000 tons, but couldn't breath at 300xG. I'll assume that Yamcha can withstand 20xG (Mainly because Goku had to train a lot to get to 20xG). By this, Yamcha would need to get 50/x stronger to be able to lift 3,000,000 tons, which Vegeta pretty much does at 300xG, this is because he trains at a prolonged period, sometimes taking days.

At 500xG Vegeta would be essentially lifting 5,000,000 tons. When Vegeta is training at 500xG, he seems to be struggling about the same as Goku was at 20xG, and yet again it is the same struggle that they put into when doing thumb-handstand push ups. By this logic Vegeta and Goku are lifting about 50/x the weigh Vegeta lifts at 500xG, that being 250,000,000 tons, something that would most likely sink into ground.

We see them doing this in Base Form, but if we scale it to what they would be doing at SS3, they would be able to lift about 100,000,000,000 tons, but this is likely to be a understatement, because I lowballed their feats.

Also, in Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue they would probably be lifting tens of thousands of times more than that, and along with the fact that their base forms are highly stronger than what I assumed, because they gained godly powers. So, it's safe to assume that they could possibly lift whole planets.

Lifting strength isn't scalable: just cuz is X times stronger not necesary means that he can lift X times more than the other one. Also, is impossible that Vegeta weights 500000 kg, a normal push-up just lift 0.56xweights, at 500 G, Vegeta is lifting 15.68 tons, and with the suit, weights>15.68 tons with the thump push-up

Also, we do not use Dragon Ball power level multipliers.

Speaking of that, if we don't use the multipliers, then why did Kav use them in the Cell's Statement refutal blog of his?

I do not remember that, but it was long ago, and he has since accepted Cell's statement. The staff members have also had plenty of discussions wherein we have reached this conclusion.

Good thing an apple just landed on Sir Issac Newton's head instead of that training suits. He'd be crushed by that amount of weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back