• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Monster Hunter Downgrade.

The storm calc actually does fit. As said by DT, the point of view can reach further if the sky is exceedingly clear, which by the end of that, it is. Since the storm was pushed out of the way. Which is the viewpoint that was used. I would appreciate evals, IIRC it was generally okay'd elsewhere by Darkanine (he was the one who went through the Monster Hunter calcs) but he isn't here anymore. So if someone would like to okay the calcs on the actual calc blog that'd be much obliged.

That would work assuming you could prove the storm went all the way out to the horizon, which you can't after the storm is gone because....well the storm is gone, we don't get a shot of the horizon until it's completely disappeared

Look at the comments. You see the storm disperse to the horizon.

Also what you just said proves it also, the storm has literally disappeared after that. Because it went to the horizon.

And using 300m for the height to calc the horizon is wrong too. It is a baseless assumption

No it isn't. I've explained the assumption on the calculation. They are halfway up a mountain when we get seen (I use halfway because it's shown to be very high but not at the top). A minimum mountain size is 609 meters. There is your base.

Yeah my mistake, it is not baseless, the base itself isnt that good to say "Oh hey thats for sure 300m". That's what I meant

What about that doesn't fit, I just explained it to you in exact detail

Make a contribution or don't.

You did not explain why using 300 meters, you gave an explanation with some data and assumed 300 meters. Nothing there proves this value.

What the hell

Yes I did. I explained why using 300 meters is the best assumption- the fight takes place halfway up a mountaintop. Mountains are at minimum 609 meters. Divide by two. You're just saying "lol no" for the sake of saying no, which seems mighty off.

But you never said and/or proved that they were in the middle of the mountain, you just said that they seem to be, without evidence for this. They could be above or below.

...watch the video in the calc? It's literally linked? Did you even look lol?

Yes, I watched, not just once, but several times. Why do you think I'm here discussing this? I wouldn't waste my time if I wasn't sure what I'm talking about. I don't know where you see that place is in the middle of the mountain, but in some way you can. You can also clearly see that they are near the top of the mountain

Anyway, with the additional information Bambu gave me on Discord, I can agree with the 300m assumption.

Back