• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
Pretty basic question, can Lily and Fubuki (at least for her regular durability), due to being B-Class Heores, be scale from Hammerhead, a B-Class Criminal?

That would make Lily "Likely Multi-City Block level" for both AP and Dura, and Fubuki "Multi-City Block level naturally" for her Durability?

In any other cases i would've argued this was scaling abuse but taking in the fact that C-Class heroes themselves are naturally stronger than most normal humans or even peak people.... I'd say it's reasonable, though maybe just CB for Lily?

I am uncertain as the Hero Association has been notoriously inaccurate. Especially for their Hero Rankings such as having King be S Class Rank 7. Metal Bat only being Rank 16. Superalloy Darkshine being only 11. Lightspeed Flash only being 13. And Saitama being A Class rank 37. I feel it'd be better to avoid scaling characters via their HA rankings for the most part.

They're all at least withint the same level of statistics however, as being peak of their classes. It's not as if a C-Class had gotten into A-Class (Aside from King) or an A-Class is actually in C-Class (Aside from Saitama). I think it's reasonable enough basically

Well personally in my opinion making a guy the highest class possible despite never actually seeing him do anything ever and making the guy who broke every single record ever the lowest due to not getting a very high score on a test are just such BAFFLING displays of lack of common sense. So much so that I honestly don't trust their judgement on most things given how utterly incompetent they have shown to be. However if others agree with the upgrade I don't really mind it.

I've gotta agree with Ryu, also since Fubuku is primarily a psychic, it makes sense that the HA would have put her into B-class based on her psychic ability, not physical ability.

Also wasn't Hammerhead B-class even before having his suit? I doubt the HA had a big chance to accurately gauge his threat level after he got the suit.

Welcome to OPM world. Just like Touhou you don't need much common sense to live. Unless you're a monster where you die - huh. It's technically the same for both of them.

In any case makes sense. But what if her psychic ability is stronger than on that level but is only held back by her fragileness? And agreed on the Hammerhead upgrade. just remembered that.... Then again her clash with Tatsumaki was on the level of a high magnitude earthquake iirc

I agree with Ryukama. We need to see them match somebody of a certain caliber or display feats of their own to reliably scale them.

Not to mention we're comparing physical durability buffs for a fragile esper, who's literal weakness are them being weak on a base physical level.

And about Lily, she is basically listed at the same level as Licenseless who is the weakest, while she is Rank 74 B-Class

Mumen Rider wasn't "the weakest." He was the Top of C Class, and with 101 people being in B Class, Lily's rank puts her on a rather low spectrum. So even by rankings the gap between them isn't that massive.

And once again like Ant said we cannot scale people via their Hero Association ranking. We have to go feats or showings. Which Lily pretty much has none of.

Well I think Lily could get an upgrade (albiet a rather small one)

Apparently destroying a human head is a Wall Level feat. And I recall seeing some documentaries of a baseball bat and nunchaku being capable of doing so. Since Lily's weapon is pretty much those two things combined in one it should be somewhat comparable.

Perhaps she could get "At least Wall Level with staff."

To add on to what's already been said, in the HA the top hero in each letter class is considered to be significantly above the rest of the class and could be in the higher one but chooses not to (Sweet Mask doesn't want people he doesn't consider good enough to enter S-class, Fubuki wants to be considered number one at something, even if it means staying in B class, and Licenseless doesn't think he's good enough to be considered above the other C-class heroes, despite the fact that he's likely stronger than a few of the B-class heroes) so unless there are feats showing otherwise, we can't just assume that she's significantly above Licenseless.

I am uncertain about the upgrade, if we have not explicitly seen her capable of Wall level feats, or matching such characters.

Well it isn't Wall Level on her own accord, rather due to her regularly wielding a weapon that should be capable of Wall Level destruction. Physically she will stay as at least Athlete Level.

Okay then. "Possibly Street level with weapon" might be appropriate, but I doubt that she is capable of destroying a whole wall in a single strike unless she is superhuman.

But just because someone has a weapon that can achieve a certain level of power under optimal conditions, doesn't mean they can do so. A peak human wielding a bat may be capable of destroying someone's head, but that doesn't mean someone who only has athlete level physical capabilities can, or that they can do so consistently.

Also are you sure it was actual fragmentation of the head, as opposed to something like decapitation, or denting/cracking the skull?

@Blablabla It wasn't a simple dent. It was taking a massive portion of the skull clean off. So the weapon itself could indeed do Wall Level damage. But your point on the user likely not being able to make it do that amount of destruction does seem reasonable. I wonder what Kaen thinks however.

Well, if Lily has explicitly demonstrated such a feat, I suppose that may be a different matter.

Apologies but I have one more thing regarding Lily. I originally put her at Peak Human speed as we did not have a proper level for Athlete Level speed. Should she be put into that now?

I do not know. I am not well informed about the character.

Alright. I just think her passing the 1500 meter run isn't something that necessarily has to be Peak Human feat unless she was shown or stated to have been extremely profecient at it. Which she was not. I believe her speed shouldn't be at a level comparable to world class oylmpic athletes unless we knew more about how she did in the run.

Once again we can't scale people from their HA rankings. That's pretty much the same as making Lily MCB via scaling to B Class Hammerhead but on a much lesser extent.

Honestly, although I'm not sure about wall level, she should at least be peak human speed, the HA's test that Saitama took part in had plenty of people who were clearly good athletes, probably comparable to professional athletes and/or low to mid level Olympic athletes in our world. And none of them were even good enough to be considered low ranking C Class. So I doubt that someone in B class or even the higher levels of C class would possess speed below peak human.

We can't compare those people to world class oylmpic athletes unless we have seen actual showings from them. Being really fit and being at the top of humanity bordering on superhuman are two totally different things. And passing that test isn't based upon doing better or even that good compared to everyone else. It is just doing good enough to not fail. Also I thought it was already agreed that using "they are a B Class or C Class" for automatcially giving someone any level they have not explicitly shown capable of isn't reliable due to the HA numerously showing corruption, favoritism and a general lack of common sense in regards to their rankings. On top of them being somewhat reliant on intelligence and popularity and not just physical ability.

Back