• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Master Roshi Buff or simply Goku and his PSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Roshi clearly has been hiding his power for the past few decades according to Goku and he has likely been training since Mid-DBZ. Remember how Frieza went from Large Star level to Universe level with 6 months of intense training? True that's obviously just for the plot but we need to analyze this carefully. I even swore to a friend that if Master Roshi became more than Star level I would shove an ice cube into my goddamn rectum. Yurin's magic doesn't appear to affect someone's strength other than protection against mental attacks and telekinesis as shown with Chiaotzu, and Tien's students who are likely Peak Human or even stronger than Videl could easily break down a primitive village and tear wooden houses apart.

Anyone with high experience in this community please elaborate your thoughts

I think the powers presented by the witch character on this episode are inconclusive, Tien's students before being possessed were not even capable of showing KI, and after it, they were flying, there clearly is a difference in either raw power or abilities, but i think there isn't enough evidence to prove anything in particular, except for the fact that Videl at her peak was probably stronger than they are, she could fly at will and presented more KI control.

In relation to Roshi power, he may not be necessarily much stronger, but just used some kind of ability that he knew Tien was weak against, and for the fact that Goku was impressed by his power, what does that even mean, what would impress Goku, is there an answer for that? Double power? 10x power? I think there isn't an answer for that, at least not for now.

I think the writers realized a tournament with universal level characters was going to require stronger characters, but they didn't want to dedicate much time to training montages, so off screen training and hidden power is becoming a catch all excuse for vague buffs.

As for any potential upgrades, there really wasn't enough in this episode to warrant much aside from downing Tien. Goku really wasn't trying all that hard and I think this is the first guy he didn't go blue for in a while. Unlike 17 where Who had a lot more clear evidence, I think Roshi might have to wait a week or two before he gets his major buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back