• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on. Tari should be allowed to stay. It's made by SMG4, yes, but she has her own series outside of SMG4 with original characters only and no already made official characters. This verse is being treated as an actual show. As long as we don't use an feats from the SMG4 series and stick with her own series then we're fine.

Have the fanfiction references been removed from the page?

Deadeye

Should be deleted.

"P&A: None" isn't really possible

Randomly 9-C, like yeah he's holding a gun but this page also gives 9-C striking strength

The speed justification makes no sense

Durability and stamina are improperly formatted, stamina has no justification

Range seems rather random

Intelligence just one word

It's a very barebones file, and idk anything about the verse so it's not like I can fix it.

There's some obvious things I can go in and fix. It's a dead ringer for 10-A physically, 9-C with a weapon. Formatting should be easy enough.

Well, it either needs to be quickly improved or deleted.

Because it seemed like a pointless/dumb/needless category. I pointed it out to some staff and they agreed to delete it.

Sorry, what about that needs elaboration?

I'm not sure, perhaps the part where "it's pointless and dumb" with no explanation at all. Or maybe where it was pointed out to staff, unless this was another discussion done in the wiki's secret deep state.

Oh yeah it was done in the wiki's deep state. I privately told Prome/Bambu about it and they both wanted to delete it.

Sometimes staff make unilateral decisions like that, especially over minor things like categories. Even if these decisions aren't made in private, they're usually done in narrow discussions with one or two staff members making a decision about it (such as when Prome & Ant decided against author categories in a message wall thread).

You can make a thread about bringing it back if you want.

Because I didn't realize there were others, so I didn't tell anyone about them.

It might be best to make a thread about this.

Not the general Mythology category, of course. This is about sub-categories, like the deleted "Abrahamic Figures", and the still remaining "Cryptids", "Egyptian Gods", "Hindu Gods", "Japanese Gods", and "Norse Gods". None of which are for indexing profiles on the Mythology verse page, but for characters inspired/based on those mythologies from all fiction.

I personally don't mind if we keep them. They are useful if our visitors or members want to quickly find different portrayals of such mythologies across fiction.

For a long time me and Prom (as well as a few others) have been wanting to slim up the categories. A lot of them don't really serve any purpose except to exist as categories. To be frank, something is wrong in the world when we have categories for which mythology a character is based on and for Zach's monster girls, but not for specific tiers.

We don't need to overcomplicate categorization with irrelevant categories. I think another thread about this, if such a thing is actually needed, is fine to make to avoid clutter here.

I much prefer to keep most of our categories. They are generally useful for organisation purposes and everyone who are interested. There are obviously useless and genuinely stupid categories, but I think that the ones that are useful and distinctive in some way and do not cause any harm should be kept.

Ok, bring this topic back for a proper conclusion: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3846331#440

From the Crossovers page rule:

• Profiles for crossover versions of characters from crossover games, and plot-irrelevant guest characters should NOT be allowed.
    • Examples: Mario (Smash Bros.), Thor (Marvel vs. Capcom), Jason Voorhees (Mortal Kombat), and Noctis (Tekken 7) As an extension of above, UNLESS their crossover version is basically defined by the crossover.
I agreed that most of Smash profiles should be deleted. Obviously, the Original Characters of Smash Bros are fine as profiles. I am fine with only G&W, Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers, Wii Fit, Captain Falcon and Miis having profiles.

I am neutral about it, but we should obviously follow the rules. There would be quite a lot of cleanup work to delete all of those profiles and remove the links to them from other pages.

If we're going to delete them, I'll handle the clean-up. I just need the know which profiles are going to be deleted.

Well, personally I do not mind if we keep them, as long as they are significantly different from the original versions, as I think our rules for this at least used to say.

yeah me too. they are different versions of the characters. as long as they scale to each other and not to stuff they did in canon it should be fine

Mindovin said:
If we're going to delete them, I'll handle the clean-up. I just need the know which profiles are going to be deleted.
Thanks, for the help; it should the Smash profiles in this list that would be deleted:

Edited - Proper list.

Elizhaa said:
No, just NO

R.O.B. is a comptely original smash character, not appearing in any other title and otherwise being just a litteral toy

also, he play a MAJOUR role in the storymode of Super Smash Bros Brawl

My mistakes, I got the list from the Super Smash Bros. verse and I thought it was roughly a proper list that didn't include other versions of the characters; it should be Smash characters that would be deleted: I will edit the list.

Only the "Smash profile" that appear in the lists; I will try to make list more coherent

It is very important that we do not delete any non-crossover profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back