• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either this or a quote, in insight, it brings the same result. Although, I prefer not using quotes since our responses are so close.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Pretty sure that Pepisman mainly originated from said video game and isn't just a generally used icon for advertising.
I'm honestly personally not a fan of the "no "inappropriate" character" rule. It's just arbitrary and lacks good faith in users.
To be fair, in the past, most matches against them would be considered as spite since they are not really a fighter in general.

But now, SBA does make them willing to kill so on this rule might be outdated.

After some research, Barney turned into a character that´s not willing to fight, but prefers to use his imagination to reality warp the issue and fix it.

If the profiles for such characters are made badly, we warn the creator and delete the page. If matches are made to be stomps, we warn the users and close the match. There is no need to ban the creation of pages just in case of bad behaviors from users.

Bobsican said:
After some research, Barney turned into a character that´s not willing to fight, but prefers to use his imagination to reality warp the issue and fix it.
SBA rule about state of mind

State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.
Furthermore characters will not give up of their own accord. That means a character that is uninterested or sees no chance of winning won't simply leave and characters wouldn't simply become friends with each other. This doesn't prevent a character being made to give up, because the other character manipulates them via things like, for example, mind control, fear inducement, psychological tricks or superhuman charisma.

If the characters are featured in legitimate official games with feats that can be calculated, it should probably be fine to give them profiles.

If they have only been featured in brief advertisements that have no coherent story, and as such they lack anything resembling a genuine personality, that is another issue.

Barney The Dinosaur

Extremely highballed, unjustified powers, and the series it comes from lacks the sort of continuity for a site like this

We literally just had a conversation about allowing said profile here, lol

If the profile itself sucks however, that's another issue.

I would say it's a bad profile. Things like abstract existence, concept manip, his intelligence, normal speed, and reality warping with such weak justifications are pretty bad.

If it is a very bad quality profile, we should probably delete it, yes.

The problem wasn't really the profile being made, but rather it was rushed. I agree that the various powers and abilities section needs more discussion. Simply being born from imagination doesn't grant abstract existence or being a teacher or philosopher doesn't grant conceptual manipulation. Those are among those abilities that may or may not be prone to NLF and we have to be even more strict when it comes to adding those abilities on profiles.

Not particularly invested in profile or verse, but would be a good idea to discuss the abilities section there. Some of the more physical stats such as the earthquake one seems fine, but the speed is also pretty skeptical.

Perhaps a separate content revision thread, that you link to here, would be better suited for that purpose?

Barney & Friends is a series that has continuity, it even makes references to past stuff and has some character development over the years.

I would have added an explanation for all of his own powers and abilities, but felt it would have made the profile too long.

I may write a blog to explain all of them in deep detail if I´m allowed to.

You should have either had a justification blog done before porting it over, or you should have explained them in the abilities section. The profile being long isn't a problem.

I also told you beforehand that stuff like conceptual immortality is not going to fly if you don't have proof of it, so you really should have made a thread to hash out his abilities beforehand.

Someone should tell the person who remade it what is wrong with the file.

Other Pretty Cure profiles have been updated fairly regularly recently, so I think that the Prince Kanata page can probably stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back