• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Pikachu's AP

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
So Pikachu is currently rated as Multi-City Block level for using a giant Electro Ball attack. However, this was only possible after Pikachu had absorbed a Thunder attack from Thundurus, it was not an attack he performed with his own power. Unless i'm thinking of a different feat?

Also, we don't use manga feats right? I'm fairly certain that the listed durability feat of Red's Pikachu surviving a Hyper Beam from Lance's Dragonair only occurred in the manga.

I was wondering if it would be possible for Pikachu's AP to be set to Unknown, if this was the case. Pikachu's power levels fluctuate wildly during the series, especially during series resets as well as movie moments, so it may not be possible to get an exact reading on Pikachu's AP.

I mean, the pokedex says that Pikachu's electrical attacks are comparable in power to real lightning, which would put him at a solid 8-C

"It stores electricity in the electric sacs on its cheeks. When it releases pent-up energy in a burst, the electric power is equal to a lightning bolt."

I'm just trying to fix this because the feat we currently use for Pikachu's tier was a one-time attack from a one-time powerup from a legendary pokemon.

"While a single bolt of lightning carries a relatively large amount of energy (approximately 5 billion joules or about the energy stored in 145 litres of petrol), this energy is concentrated in a small location and is passed during an extremely short period of time (microseconds)."

5e+9 j is solid Building level

I guess we can use that as a reference to Pikachu's lightning, considering that we did base several pokemon based on their pokedex descriptions.

And 5 billion joules places Pikachu solidly at Building level.

Meh, probably. But yeah Pikachu's attacks are described as being comparable to actual lightning, which would make them Building level.

Also, Pikachu has a manga feat for his durability, which we dont use (Not to mention the feat would give Pikachu City level durability...).

Well to be fair Pikachu DID absorb Thundurus's electricity into itself so there's no real way in saying Pikachu lost that power permanently after doing the feat. We dont even know how much power that specific attack was packing so its possible Pikachu only used some of the total power it absorbed to do the feat while keeping the rest apart of its total electrical power level. And considering Thundurus is rated as Island level, something far above that of Multi City Block, it isnt impossible.

Yes, Pikachu absorbed the electricity, and then immediately released it into a giant Electro Ball attack. IIRC Pikachu has never used another attack of this magnitude in the anime since then.

True but the anime has its decently large moments of PIS involved, or Pikachu could be holding back its power in its battles. Or simply it has never had a reason to use that strong of an attack ever again to this point.

Well Pikachu HAS lost a few times since that event, so why would he not use this power to prevent that if he indeed kept it?

I mean in general, not just Electro Ball, why wouldnt he empower Thunderbolt instead, seeing as its a more precise attack? I just find it hard to believe that Pikachu would absorb a power like that and never use it again. Like i said before, he absorbed the attack, released all of the absorbed electricity into one attack, and used it one time. There's no indication that Thundurus' lightning empowering Pikachu would have any lasting effects aside from that one Electro Ball.

Well like i said, Pikachu may have never had a perfectly good reason to use that level of power in a regular pokemon battle since that happened except for maybe in the Unova league when Ash was facing Cameron. Or maybe it could have but it used a sortve energy control on its electric type abilities so that it doesnt actually destroy buildings by mistake

Also I wouldnt say that. Zekrom himself had lasting effects on Pikachu when it took away Pikachu's electric type abilities. If it wasnt for Zekrom reappearing again Pikachu would never be able to use electric type moves ever again. It's not entirely impossible for Thundurus

Again, Pikachu has lost battles after the Thundurus event, so unless Pikachu lost on purpose...And honestly that's quite a bit of assumption that he permanently gained that much power, but NEVER used it again. Everything points toward it being a one-time powerup rather than Pikachu placing a limiter on himself...

Well there's a few thing wrong with that. Not only is Zekrom is much stronger than Thundurus, but Thundurus never displayed the ability to remove electric powers. It makes no sense to just assume Thundurus can do that.

How is using energy control a limiter on yourself? Ur still excerting that much power ur just keeping it controlled so that the area your fighting in doesnt get destroyed by mistake. And its obvious Pikachu would never do something of the opposite, if at all.

Well Thundurus's ability is Volt Absorb. And I never said it can remove electric powers I said its not impossible for it to also leave lasting effects on something, whether removing or giving and it being a legendary pokemon and of the Kami trio should likely justify it.

Again, you're making a lot of assumptions. Its not impossible, but it there's no evidence pointing towards it actually happening, you cant just assume that it did when there's no evidence to prove it.

Are we sure Thundurus powered up Pikachu? Also, the fact that he was capable of absorbing that power in the first place speaks volumes in itself.

By the way, we treat the manga as canon as the anime, due to the games lacking feats. Prime example being the gen 4 gods.

The real cal howard said:
Are we sure Thundurus powered up Pikachu? Also, the fact that he was capable of absorbing that power in the first place speaks volumes in itself.

By the way, we treat the manga as canon as the anime, due to the games lacking feats. Prime example being the gen 4 gods.
Yes, It was a one-time thing where Pikachu absorbed Thundurus' Thunder attack and used the electricity to form the giant Electro Ball. Plus Pikachu has absorbed electricity attacks in the past (Gonna have to check if any were from something as strong as Thundurus though).

We do? Huh, well even then it was almost definitely a PIS moment then considering it was a city-busting attack that Pikachu tanked, whereas he had been defeated by much weaker attacks before.

https://youtu.be/MIvcvLlszxM?t=614 Pikachu absorb's Thundurus' Thunder attack, note the blue electric sparks that weren't present before the attack.

https://youtu.be/MIvcvLlszxM?t=787 Ash and Pikachu confront Team Rocket, and Pikachu uses the giant Electro Ball. Note the blue sparks are still present from Pikachu absorbing Thunder.

https://youtu.be/MIvcvLlszxM?t=863 Post giant Electro Ball, note the blue sparks are no longer there, indicating Pikachu has released all of the absorbed electricity with that attack.

But like cal said, the fact Pikachu could absorb such high lvl electricity from Thundurus's attack alone can justify it having that lvl of power.

Pikachu has absorbed electricity in the past (and even fought against other electric types like Elekid who can do the same thing) the only issue is Pikachu had used to get sick from absorbing too much electricity and this was like around the start of Hoenn arc

It shouldnt apply to Pikachu in this case when it has improved before like when it stalemated against Latios. That was its best feat from before Sinnoh. It only got weaker because Zekrom basically reset its power by taking it away at first and then giving it back to an unknown degree.

Anime4Life2020 said:
But like cal said, the fact Pikachu could absorb such high lvl electricity from Thundurus's attack alone can justify it having that lvl of power.
Actually no it doesnt since it only happened one time and Pikachu never generated that level of power on its own. If Pikachu did that without absorbing Thundurus' Thunder then it would be a different story.

WeeklyBattles said:
Anime4Life2020 said:
Actually no it doesnt since it only happened one time and Pikachu never generated that level of power on its own.
Before or After it came into contact with Thundurus? Not that it really matters tho.

Pikachu never demonstrated that level of power before or after coming contact with Thundurus. The giant Electro Ball wasn't of its own power, it was from Thundurus accidentally giving Pikachu a one-time powerup.

How would you know that? Before maybe but after there is no proof of that when Pikachu doesnt purposely want to go around busting buildings Multi City Blocks in cities with that kind of AP in a battle.

Ok, show me one time Pikachu has done something of this level before or after that encounter without having absorbed extra electricity beforehand, because you cant just say that he's always been this powerful naturally if he hasn't shown to be. Saying he's always been that powerful and is just holding back 100% of the time makes no sense.

I never claimed Pikachu was always this strong from the start and it would be ignorant of me to say that too. Im talking about after it encountered Thundurus. I already said maybe to before it encountered it and clearly i wasnt arguing Pikachu always having this lvl of power from the beginning.

Ok then, show something to back up Pikachu being that powerful after the Thundurus encounter then.

Yeah...im sorry but i'm still not seeing anything above High 8-C, MAYBE 8-B, and thats being a bit generous...

Indeed it would, as would blowing up building-sized robots and overpowering that Lucario's Bone Rush, hence why i said he probably doesn't reach above High 8-C

So his AP and Durability should probably be switched to At least 8-C for the time being

I think that Aizen is in charge of the Pokemon statistics. I will ask him to take a look at this.

Kind of late-ish but i actually thought that lightning used as a weapon was about around 9-A level. Didn't think it was 8-C tho like Saikou earlier.

Either way i'm fine with downgrading Pikachu to 8-C level if this is what he's "normally" able to produce on a daily basis.

Back