• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
^^^. So this is going to be a bit of a touchy one. It's important to emphasize that you shouldn't try to actively punch a nuclear bomb or carelessly gain infohazard classified information in regards to nuclear weapons.

The reason why this is here despite this being for a composite profile is that this is a standard I haven't seen for the durability of nuclear bombs on the main site.

Is this durability level accurate for composite human's nukes on Joke Battles? I'm not too knowledgable on nukes.
(Sources are archived in the WABAC Machine or Archive.ph)

And for these 2 missiles, where's the source for them withstanding being shot by most standard military firearms?

Misslies like the Trident are hard to hit due to their slow speed and their evasiveness from flying very low, you'd need to be lucky to hit them. There's one source that stated only 1 7.62 mm round can do the trick to take down a cruise missile, and that a guy managed to shoot down a cruise missile with a machine gun. But that's just one source.

The misslies can contain nukes, and wouldn't the bullets mess with the precise detonation systems of the bombs, leading to unpredictable consequences?

I used the ctrl+F tool on one of the profile's wikipedia pages and I still didn't get any notable results.

Last edited:
Does anyone actually use a nuke's casing as a shield tho? Seems kinda impractical if you ask me.
You do have a point. Nukes aren't really designed for durability, they're designed for mass destruction of utterly flattening cities that would make a mugging encounter look like a bonding moment.

Besides, why would you want to use a bomb as a cover against a shooter?

The reason for the ratings of the range of the durability of nukes is due to the material they're made of, their design, and their trigger for their respective explosions. This is just for a composite human anyways tbh. Even if the durability of a bomb is impractical for VSBW, I just want to go the extra mile here for composite human.

The nukes are still sensitive though.

If you want durability ratings for a specific nuke, look up the material of their outer casing, trigger function, feats/statements (if possible) and design and get an educated guess based off of that information.

Last edited:
I mean, is that even necessary tho.

What good would a nuke's shelling durability even do in an actual combat scenario.

I mean, is that even necessary tho.

What good would a nuke's shelling durability even do in an actual combat scenario.
It can in theory deter the attacker from attacking the nuke or prevent the nuke from exploding.

Imagine using a wall of nukes just to prevent your attackers from using their guns.

But it's not necessary tbh.

What do you want the high end to represent here?
If you’re going for the energy it can survive without triggering a detonation or releasing nuclear material, then North Carolina had an incident where the casing let one bomb survive hurling into the ground at transonic speeds. So, that’d be around wall to small building level.
The durability feat for the second bomb is mid since it was technically damaged, however, it failed to detonate upon impact.

Durability is the property here to be unaffected/undamaged by damage, so I presume the bomb would be at least 9-C in durability. As explicitly stated in the official durability page.

Since I'm working on composite human, I want the low-end and high-end durability of bombs.

Back