• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quincy Heat Resistance

I don't know why this isn't on the page yet, but I propose a pretty simple change. I want to add Resistance to High Temperatures onto the Quincy Physiology page under Sternritter-Tier resistances.

Reasoning: Royd (Yhwach) stated that if it weren't for his Blut, he would've been burned to a crisp. This was against Yamamoto's Zanka No Tachi, which was stated to be 15 Million Degrees Celcius.

On his profile he has this resistance already, but Blut is a universal tool among Sternritter-Tier Quincies, so this should be added to their physiology as well.

Agree: @Spectra_Schiffer @Damage3245 (only those who scale to Royd) @Arc7Kuroi (only who scale to Royd for full resistance) @TheGreatBanana @GigaTopMagnum (Only those who scale or upscale from Royd)

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Yea because blut increases his durability
And? It still counts. As Nodt has this same justification for surviving Rukia's Absolute Zero. Plus, Royd wasn't even set on fire or started evaporating, which is resistance. It doesn't need to be AP-based. Goku lost to Reinhard who has miles less AP because he couldn't resist spatial manip, and it wasn't Dura Neg either.

I disagree with heat resistance it just increased his stats. Don't y'all treat blut like a bankai amp or some shit
Yeah unfortunately higher durability on wiki doesn't enable you to resist heat hax. So this point means nothing here. They would still need something to make them resist the high temperatures, which is called heat resistance.

Looks simple enough, but do we know for sure that other sternritter have good enough blut vien to resist such heat? Or do we assume it's scaled equally to all sternritters?

I'm not sure I agree for adding it to all Quincy.

For example, in Dragon Ball someone with sufficiently high Ki can rip a hole in the dimensional walls of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

But we don't add this to everyone who just has the ability to manipulate Ki.

Likewise I don't think just because a Quincy has Blut means they'll have Heat Resistance of this level. They'd have to be stated or shown to have Blut as strong or stronger than Jugram.

Bazz B even with his own fire powers, got roasted by a sealed Yamamoto flame, despite the fact that he offset a bit of it with his own, not all quincies may have that level of protection tbh

For example, in Dragon Ball someone with sufficiently high Ki can rip a hole in the dimensional walls of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

Likewise I don't think just because a Quincy has Blut means they'll have Heat Resistance of this level. They'd have to be stated or shown to have Blut as strong or stronger than Jugram.
True, but the flames Royd survived were as hot as the sun's core, which is a pretty big resistance (15 million degrees isn't a small amount). Every Quincy should have it, just it wouldn't be a strong as Royd's except for those who scale to or from him such as: Ichigo, Yhwach (duh), and Jugram.

Looks simple enough, but do we know for sure that other sternritter have good enough blut vien to resist such heat? Or do we assume it's scaled equally to all sternritters?
I'd say that every Sternritter would have it, just that only Royd, Ichigo, Yhwach, and Jugram would have the full 15 million degree resistance.

Bazz B even with his own fire powers, got roasted by a sealed Yamamoto flame, despite the fact that he offset a bit of it with his own, not all quincies may have that level of protection tbh
Bazz was attacking Yamamoto and got countered, so he was likely using Arterie and not Vene, although I do agree that not every Quincy would have this level of resistance, just those who scale to or upscale from Jugram.

True, but the flames Royd survived were as hot as the sun's core, which is a pretty big resistance (15 million degrees isn't a small amount). Every Quincy should have it, just it wouldn't be a strong as Royd's except for those who scale to or from him such as: Ichigo, Yhwach (duh), and Jugram.
Iirc, he didn't resist the flames itself, it oneshotted him once he got hit, it was the passive heat Yamamoto was exuding
Bazz was attacking Yamamoto and got countered, so he was likely using Arterie and not Vene, although I do agree that not every Quincy would have this level of resistance, just those who scale to or upscale from Jugram.
He attacked with his epithet, which is how he reduced the flames, hardly any of them uses normal blut arterie against the captains,

Ichigo, Yhwach and jugram having it, should be fine

Yeah that’s fine. For Yama level heat resistance that should only really go to like the Elite’s, Jugram, Uryu, Royd, and Yhwach.

Iirc, he didn't resist the flames itself, it oneshotted him once he got hit, it was the passive heat Yamamoto was exuding
He didn't touch the actual flames from his body, but he was surrounded by them and stood only a few meters away from Yamamoto while he was in West.
He attacked with his epithet, which is how he reduced the flames, hardly any of them uses normal blut arterie against the captains,
Knowing that he's the leader, he likely would've given it all he's got, that, or at least he didn't use Vene because he was on the offensive and doesn't have some form of instinctive reaction that forced him to use Vene.
Ichigo, Yhwach and jugram having it, should be fine
That I agree with, just that other Quincies should have a lower resistance because 15 million is pretty hot, so lower Quincies should at least have it, just downscaled from Royd's

That I agree with, just that other Quincies should have a lower resistance because 15 million is pretty hot, so lower Quincies should at least have it, just downscaled from Royd's
I don't think it works that way, those who don't scale to this probably won't get the ability at all, because there is no verifiable way to know what they can take

'm not sure I agree for adding it to all Quincy.

You can't compare a power system to a technique

Just a question too, is it possible that other Schutstaffel members can get this resistance? They are implied to be superior to the Sternritters, which would include Royd, so that would mean this would apply to Uryu, Askin, Lille Barro, and Pernida.

Back