• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R1M1] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Kryn vs Finn the Human

Anyway, I'm going to sleep, good night everyone. Also would you guys please not make this longer than it needs to be with chatting?

I'm not going to stop this argument, can only reply tomorrow.

So it's Kakegurui but with no gambling?
Yeah, But in my opinion i'd say the writing is better. In kakegurui you kinda know who the villains are and how it's gonna work out in the end and all. It's still good, But Classroom of the elite throws surprises at you randomly, and you have no clue whats gonna happen next. It's wild

Rayfire, Vene, and I have all been here the whole time and have evaluated the fighters. Finn had agility, AP, endurance, and swordsmanship/martial arts skill while Kryn has versatility, magic skill, dura neg, and experience. Both have advantages but I think Kryn’s style of fighting isn’t gonna beat out Finn’s here. Plus I’ve countered your points like you contested mine.
This is a pretty good tldr, froggy, do you wanna vote here? The match is in grace but ExSENNA will come back. The match is technically over, but also feels like it’s in limbo and that can hurt the flow of everything going forward, so I’d like to decide one way or the other who wins this match right now, even if it means we all change our votes. Ideally I would like to start match 3 tonight

This is a pretty good tldr, froggy, do you wanna vote here? The match is in grace but ExSENNA will come back. The match is technically over, but also feels like it’s in limbo and that can hurt the flow of everything going forward, so I’d like to decide one way or the other who wins this match right now, even if it means we all change our votes. Ideally I would like to start match 3 tonight
No it isn't. I've already responded to it and countered it. I feel like people are ignoring my texts and are just so unreasonably hellbent on Finn despite all the things I've said here, I have responded to all of Mint's arguments already and made what at least I believe to be a better case on why Kryn is more likely to take this, but no votes for him for some reason (compare that with the FRA Train that was made at the beginning without even seeing my replies)

I was at wc, so checked again, now going to bed for real, gn y'all.

No it isn't. I've already responded to it and countered it. I feel like people are ignoring my texts and are just so unreasonably hellbent on Finn despite all the things I've said here, I have responded to all of Mint's arguments already and made what at least I believe to be a better case on why Kryn is more likely to take this, but no votes for him for some reason (compare that with the FRA Train that was made at the beginning without even seeing my replies)

I'm just not gonna vote tbh...

What a position you forced me into 💀

You still forgetting Im an Incon dude, I love Incons. Seeing these 2 fighters both have giant skills, I would just push the Incon button as I always do

I'm just not gonna vote tbh...
What a position you forced me into 💀

You still forgetting Im an Incon dude, I love Incons. Seeing these 2 fighters both have giant skills, I would just push the Incon button as I always do
Why does the first match have to be so controversial like? The tourney is supposed to be fun/fair, and as far as I’m concerned, this match has been fair but not so fun. This is one of those matches where it feasibly goes either way, and four of us simply believe that it goes Finn’s way. I’ve had plenty of matches where the result wasn’t ideal, and possibly still some arguments to make, but sometimes votes just go the other way no matter how hard you argue. It is what it is sometimes. This is only match 1, and even beyond that, Yekks is still in the tourney. It’s not the end of the world that votes decided for Finn. I don’t see or want any more fighting to be had about it

Why does the first match have to be so controversial like? The tourney is supposed to be fun/fair, and as far as I’m concerned, this match has been fair but not so fun. This is one of those matches where it feasibly goes either way, and four of us simply believe that it goes Finn’s way. I’ve had plenty of matches where the result wasn’t ideal, and possibly still some arguments to make, but sometimes votes just go the other way no matter how hard you argue. It is what it is sometimes. This is only match 1, and even beyond that, Yekks is still in the tourney. It’s not the end of the world that votes decided for Finn. I don’t see or want any more fighting to be had about it
I've mentioned before that I kinda believe that Axlven might die to the yekks...

"In order to win, you always take risks of losing."

I guess I will cut this with voting for Adventure Time as well, Finn just did this gigantic journey and all. Its time for Yekks to be a [[bigshot]] and shine in the tourney.

Damn, a lot happened in a few hours. I wasn’t trying to ignore you Ex, but it’s like Venefica said. This is a high-extreme diff matchup for both characters here but I don’t think Kryn’s skill/experience advantage can carry him as much as you do. Seems this match is concluded, so let’s just move on.

Damn, a lot happened in a few hours. I wasn’t trying to ignore you Ex, but it’s like Venefica said. This is a high-extreme diff matchup for both characters here but I don’t think Kryn’s skill/experience advantage can carry him as much as you do. Seems this match is concluded, so let’s just move on.
2020 messages 👀 get in quarantine

Hello, I'm back~

I don't think this is relevant. Yes, this could go either way as both have wincons, but I established a better argument, Mint failed to refute it, yet people are still hellbent on Finn. This isn't about me arguing hard, I already made a better case and refuted Mint's arguments so votes goint to that way are irrelevant as the reason for those votes are now invalid until Mint manages to refute my argument. I gotta say I don't understand why people are so hellbent on Finn despite me having established a better case for Kryn and countering Mint's points. The match numbers, Yekk being here, it not being end of the world is not really relevant. What I expect people do here is logically vote for Kryn until Mint can refute my argument.

I have already established Kryn deals with people who are better than Finn and have more stuff and you failed to refute it, instead you're saying "nuh-uh" to me. Bro, we could also move on if you could just drop the argument if you can't refute me so people could vote for Kryn.

Hello, I'm back~

I don't think this is relevant. Yes, this could go either way as both have wincons, but I established a better argument, Mint failed to refute it, yet people are still hellbent on Finn. This isn't about me arguing hard, I already made a better case and refuted Mint's arguments so votes goint to that way are irrelevant as the reason for those votes are now invalid until Mint manages to refute my argument. I gotta say I don't understand why people are so hellbent on Finn despite me having established a better case for Kryn and countering Mint's points. The match numbers, Yekk being here, it not being end of the world is not really relevant. What I expect people do here is logically vote for Kryn until Mint can refute my argument.

I have already established Kryn deals with people who are better than Finn and have more stuff and you failed to refute it, instead you're saying "nuh-uh" to me. Bro, we could also move on if you could just drop the argument if you can't refute me so people could vote for Kryn.
What’s the rundown and what makes you so confident? Perhaps opening your vision of things to the rest like a tldr can convince the 5 of us that voted Finn that we’re wrong

But until then, I still think Finn will get in more often than not for the last blow, which is what everyone else is voting on

What’s the rundown and what makes you so confident? Perhaps opening your vision of things to the rest like a tldr can convince the 5 of us that voted Finn that we’re wrong

But until then, I still think Finn will get in more often than not for the last blow, which is what everyone else is voting on
TLDR:

Mint argues that Finn has high enough AP to one-shot and is capable and athletic enough to close the distance to accomplish it before Kryn can take him down. He has provided links to back it off.

I refuted this by saying posting skill/feats list of people with bare minimum abilities (Aspirant-1s) who can do the most things Finn can do, and additional stuff like expansive senses, awareness, flight, and ranged artacks, who are fodderized in the dozens by other people (Aspirant-2s), who are fodderized in the dozens by other people (Aspirant-3s), who are defeated by Kryn even outnumbered, with Kryn being able to shot them down at his first try.

Mint did not further argue and did not provide evidence or reasoning for why Finn would even remotely be compared to people Kryn can deal with on a regular basis, let alone surpassing those people.

As such, my established point of Kryn dealing with people like Finn has more weight in it, thus Kryn can win this more than not.

Finn does have his one shot AP so that’s a big advantage including durability since aside from his dura neg option, Kryn can only hope to distract Finn which Ex has stated. He’s also stated Finn has superior skill in sword handling and close quarters combat, so his real issue here is forcing his way in for the one hit he needs. On the acrobatics, the people Kryn scales to have stuff like making afterimages and being able to do flips. Finn can do triple flips over people casually, flip over a well and kick a wolf into it while staying airborne, and dodge multiple things that would kill him while airborne as a far less powerful or experienced version of himself. The dodging I linked for his acrobatics seems to be at least a few seasons behind this Finn, so that’s something to keep in mind. He’s also precise enough to cut the heads off three ghosts with his sword with one go and is stated to be able to do this with other objects as well so maybe he takes Kryn’s clones with some rocks without even risking the magma damage.

Finn may be limited in terms of arsenal, but he excels at what he does to the point he can take on and beat people with aforementioned flight, ranged attacks, enhanced senses, and I’d say superior body control and even more like The Lich who is a primordial being spanning across the Adventure Time infinite multiverse with a lot of magic knowledge and hax. He can fodderize Ghost Gladiators and at times Ice King who is also very experienced, knowledgeable, and skilled enough with his powers to take out people who have his exact powerset and are more mentally stable. He’s a very creative fighter and has seen the things Kryn can do with magma on prior adventures.

He can fight for days, outmaneuver people with better movements options, endure grevious injuries, and take on hordes of evil. I believe Finn’s advantages give him the win more times than not.

Finn does have his one shot AP so that’s a big advantage including durability since aside from his dura neg option, Kryn can only hope to distract Finn which Ex has stated. He’s also stated Finn has superior skill in sword handling and close quarters combat, so his real issue here is forcing his way in for the one hit he needs. On the acrobatics, the people Kryn scales to have stuff like making afterimages and being able to do flips. Finn can do triple flips over people casually, flip over a well and kick a wolf into it while staying airborne, and dodge multiple things that would kill him while airborne as a far less powerful or experienced version of himself. The dodging I linked for his acrobatics seems to be at least a few seasons behind this Finn, so that’s something to keep in mind. He’s also precise enough to cut the heads off three ghosts with his sword with one go and is stated to be able to do this with other objects as well so maybe he takes Kryn’s clones with some rocks without even risking the magma damage.

Finn may be limited in terms of arsenal, but he excels at what he does to the point he can take on and beat people with aforementioned flight, ranged attacks, enhanced senses, and I’d say superior body control and even more like The Lich who is a primordial being spanning across the Adventure Time infinite multiverse with a lot of magic knowledge and hax. He can fodderize Ghost Gladiators and at times Ice King who is also very experienced, knowledgeable, and skilled enough with his powers to take out people who have his exact powerset and are more mentally stable. He’s a very creative fighter and has seen the things Kryn can do with magma on prior adventures.

He can fight for days, outmaneuver people with better movements options, endure grevious injuries, and take on hordes of evil. I believe Finn’s advantages give him the win more times than not.
Yes Finn has higher AP. Both have one-tap attacks, but Finn needs to get to melee to use it while Kryn can use it ranged. Yes, Kryn's earlier Magma attacks wouldn't do much damage and are meant to keep him busy right before he cuts him apart with a Caustic Flood. Finn being better at swordsmanship and martial arts is a fact but irrelevant since he needs to go melee to use them, my entire argument is that he'll die before he does. Kryn doesn't scale to "afterimages and flips", I posted the feats above and those are the bare minimum Aspirant-1s can do. All things you mentioned Finn can do can be done by Aspirant-1s, who also have better senses awareness and body control Finn lacks. These guys are fodderized in the dozens by Aspirant-2s, who are fodderized in the dozens by Aspirant-3s, who are defeated by Kryn even when outnumbered.

Kryn can not only beat those people, he defeats people who have the mentioned skill chain. Does Finn have something similar? You keep mentioning Ghost Gladiators but you fail to establish how skilled they are when I provided people with literal bare minimum skill being comparable to Finn and them being the bottom of a skill chain I just mentioned As I said, all the acrobatics and agility you mention of him are stuff bare minimum Aspirant-1s can pull of.

Kryn can do the same thing. He regularly outperforms people with generally better abilities, and has Immo Type 2 and doesn't care about how much damage his body takes. Plus the longer this goes the more Kryn fill analyze him, by less than half an hour (from their perspective) Finn is a book read by Kryn.

Mint, bro, you once again failed to establish Finn has someone even remotely comparable to what Kryn deals with on a regular basis. All you did here was recycling things you said earlier which I refuted.

Last edited:
Mint, bro, you once again failed to establish Finn has someone even remotely comparable to what Kryn deals with on a regular basis. All you did here was recycling things you said earlier which I refuted.
I agree with this, unless Minty can combat this I'm likely switching and not sure if other votes should remain with Finn, although it's still a real close one

Back