• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R1M7] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Cinner vs Elder Centipede

Original Tourney Thread
Tourney Bracket
Votes
CharacterKeyVotes

Cinner

Pure Form Mastery0
Elder CentipedePre Molt0
Inconclusive0
This is the seventh match of the VeneficaAuthor Tier 7-A/High 7-A tourney! It's Cinner from Supreme Dualist Stickman vs Elder Centipede from One Punch Man! Winner faces the winner of Haruka vs Rotten Sewage.

40 meters starting distance with equal speed..

Cinner is at 7-A.
Elder Centipede is at High 7-A.

Last edited:
Elder's shell is extremely durable, able to pretty easily handle High 7-A attacks. Even when his shell is cracked and even shattered across the entire body, he's able to recover very well. Genos incinerating his entire length from within also didn't prove nearly enough to kill him. He was dangerous to the point of Saitama needing to be the one to finish him off, and he was able to survive a bout with Blast. What does Cinner do?

Cinner’s a heavily melee based fighter so he should probably just try what Genos did and pummel the Centipede across the face or damage its insides whether by stacking attacks or crushing down on it. His LS is 41x the Centipede’s, so he can stop himself being crushed or anything of the sort plus keep the monster stuck under his attacks. Plus with his acrobatics, he can push off the air for basically semi-flight to dodge attacks and get in form different angles like under the stomach or grab at the base of its tail and slam it.

I think Centipede has about a 3x AP advantage from scaling above Evil Eye, but given Cinner’s far superior mobility and esp, he’s probably gonna be landing three times more hits anyways. Elder Centipede has his regen, but at the same time Cinner can hit him with the temperature of lightning and envelop himself in an aura of the same heat while I don’t think we know the temperature of Genos’ incineration attacks. He was already coughing in pain from being lit up by that, so Cinner’s stuff should hurt far more than that.

Now that I think, Cinner could cause severe brain damage if he did Metal Crush due to its nature and the massive LS advantage. Low-Mid regen only covers limited brain damage while Cinner regularly gives people concussions.

Now that I think, Cinner could cause severe brain damage if he did Metal Crush due to its nature and the massive LS advantage. Low-Mid regen only covers limited brain damage while Cinner regularly gives people concussions.
How much better at fighting is Cinner than Genos? Elder was up to take advantage of him and even cut him in half despite him flying around a whole lot and blasting cannons in his face/slashing his eyes out

How much better at fighting is Cinner than Genos? Elder was up to take advantage of him and even cut him in half despite him flying around a whole lot and blasting cannons in his face/slashing his eyes out
If I remember, Genos is pretty skilled but mainly just pulls out new moves fitting the situation. Cinner is trained in a few martial arts including karate, judo, and taekwondo plus the one he made himself for using Lifeline and a highly skilled strategist. Plus didn’t he only land a hit on Genos after he slipped while punching him? I don’t think that would work here with ESP and acrobatics

If I remember, Genos is pretty skilled but mainly just pulls out new moves fitting the situation. Cinner is trained in a few martial arts including karate, judo, and taekwondo plus the one he made himself for using Lifeline and a highly skilled strategist. Plus didn’t he only land a hit on Genos after he slipped while punching him? I don’t think that would work here with ESP and acrobatics
I mean that he wrapped him up and sliced him with his sharp appendages, not like a traditional hit. Genos was also able to have clashed with garou just prior to this

But yeah genos was fast enough to avoid those ram attacks he likes

I mean that he wrapped him up and sliced him with his sharp appendages, not like a traditional hit. Genos was also able to have clashed with garou just prior to this

But yeah genos was fast enough to avoid those ram attacks he likes
If that’s the case, the LS advantage completely disrupts that meaning Centipede’s only chance is a lucky hit. He can’t even outlast Cinner due to his feats of fighting for days against an equal opponent.

I remembered what you were talking about, genos didn’t slip, Elder managed to chomp his foot while he was slashing his eyes and he attempted to crush genos by ramming himself. I should note that Elder didn’t take any damage to himself even after he crashed his face into the side of his own body, so he should be able to tank his own force really well

I remembered what you were talking about, genos didn’t slip, Elder managed to chomp his foot while he was slashing his eyes and he attempted to crush genos by ramming himself. I should note that Elder didn’t take any damage to himself even after he crashed his face into the side of his own body, so he should be able to tank his own force really well
It looks more like Genos slipped due to the sudden movement imo (1:16). The Centipede is just howling in pain so I’m not even sure he meant to bite him. And yeah he’s tough but Cinner’s heat should serve as some sort of dura neg especially over a prolonged time while he’s trying to destroy its shell and insides.

If that’s the case, the LS advantage completely disrupts that meaning Centipede’s only chance is a lucky hit. He can’t even outlast Cinner due to his feats of fighting for days against an equal opponent.
Elder likes to burrow underground too, so even if Cinner uses LS to trap him he could just do that

It looks more like Genos slipped due to the sudden movement imo (1:16). The Centipede is just howling in pain so I’m not even sure he meant to bite him. And yeah he’s tough but Cinner’s heat should serve as some sort of dura neg especially over a prolonged time while he’s trying to destroy its shell and insides.
What if centipede tries to wrap him up? He should be just as capable of doing a ‘march’ attack like Sage Centipede. If elder finds the opening for something like that acrobatics wouldn’t really work with that kind of enclosed space, and with High 7-A attacks it would be devastating

But also, yes heat would work eventually I’m sure but it’s also true that Genos’ force was what hurt elder, and there was zero indication of the heat hurting him at all. I imagine Genos’s cannons, at this point having been upgraded multiple times, are very hot too yet having zero affect. His innards also weren’t melted by that super beam either and they don’t even have protection like his shell. His heat tolerance is probably pretty underrated

Elder likes to burrow underground too, so even if Cinner uses LS to trap him he could just do that

What if centipede tries to wrap him up? He should be just as capable of doing a ‘march’ attack like Sage Centipede. If elder finds the opening for something like that acrobatics wouldn’t really work with that kind of enclosed space, and with High 7-A attacks it would be devastating

But also, yes heat would work eventually I’m sure but it’s also true that Genos’ force was what hurt elder, and there was zero indication of the heat hurting him at all. I imagine Genos’s cannons, at this point having been upgraded multiple times, are very hot too yet having zero affect. His innards also weren’t melted by that super beam either and they don’t even have protection like his shell. His heat tolerance is probably pretty underrated
Maybe but that just stalls for time at best, especially given Cinner could feel his approach or come below himself.

He can’t really wrap Cinner when his pushing force is 41x weaker. And finding an opening would be very hard given Cinner’s skill letting him take on people with centuries of combat experience and his hyper focused state.

I’m not sure what you mean by Genos’ heat not hurting him when he’s heard screaming in the fight after his body is lit up and he has to cough Genos up. I’m not sure if there’s any real indication of the heat of Genos’ stuff to really put it at 50,000 degrees.

I’m not sure what you mean by Genos’ heat not hurting him when he’s heard screaming in the fight after his body is lit up and he has to cough Genos up. I’m not sure if there’s any real indication of the heat of Genos’ stuff to really put it at 50,000 degrees.
The AP of it hurts, not the burn damage, that’s just a side thing but he clearly shows no remnants of being burned every time he’s hit by them

The AP of it hurts, not the burn damage, that’s just a side thing but he clearly shows no remnants of being burned every time he’s hit by them
I mean his entire body is shown being inflamed and he coughs up fire so I’m not really sure about that. There is a scan of him tanking one so that could work but still I don’t think there’s any reason to assume Genos’ heat is anywhere near Cinner’s output. Cinner also has air manipulation to pull Centipede around and force him off balance if he’s getting too close to landing a hit or just to land some hits himself and easier force his way through it’s internals.

I mean his entire body is shown being inflamed and he coughs up fire so I’m not really sure about that. There is a scan of him tanking one so that could work but still I don’t think there’s any reason to assume Genos’ heat is anywhere near Cinner’s output. Cinner also has air manipulation to pull Centipede around and force him off balance if he’s getting too close to landing a hit or just to land some hits himself and easier force his way through it’s internals.
I’m not suggesting genos = Cinner heat, what I’m suggesting is that elder has higher heat tolerance than it appears

Either way seems like the whole thing is a crapshoot, so Cinner FRA

Back