• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He did that in arc 4, in addition to being able to sense malice and animosity, but he already has extrasensory perception and enhanced senses and it's not that big a deal, so i didn't include it in the CRT, will add it to the profile though.

Ex Novel 2 done.

So i mentioned before about Wilhelm getting faster mid-battle, well on the brink of death he can get faster than when he was in full health.....

Kinda ridiculous when a Sword's Saints naturally the peak of skill being able to do all this; getting stronger when wounded, dodging attacks on instinct alone, and yet Reinhard has blessings to do that stuff too, like what do you need the blessing that makes you stronger when bleeding for, when through skill, you get stronger against a superior opponent, and faster when wounded?

His stuff is just superior, Reinhard is built different.

Hey btw about how you add scans.

I get it is supposed to prevent the text from being blue but it honestly makes it even harder to read for me. Like cutting off the link in the middle of a sentence is so weird... It also just looks worse imo.

I'd much rather prefer have the entire sentence that explains the scan be a link.

I don't like seeing blocks of blue, so agree to disagree.

People just do whatever honestly, even in a single profile, entire scan linked in one part, broken up in another, but this way is my personal preference.

He did that in arc 4, in addition to being able to sense malice and animosity, but he already has extrasensory perception and enhanced senses and it's not that big a deal, so i didn't include it in the CRT, will add it to the profile though.

Ex Novel 2 done.

So i mentioned before about Wilhelm getting faster mid-battle, well on the brink of death he can get faster than when he was in full health.....

Kinda ridiculous when a Sword's Saints naturally the peak of skill being able to do all this; getting stronger when wounded, dodging attacks on instinct alone, and yet Reinhard has blessings to do that stuff too, like what do you need the blessing that makes you stronger when bleeding for, when through skill, you get stronger against a superior opponent, and faster when wounded?

His stuff is just superior, Reinhard is built different.
makes sense when you consider the author said that Reinhard would be just as strong as without his DPs

Halfway though Ex Novel 3.

Wilhelm defeated 40 elite knights, with none even getting a decent hit on him, skill + over 10x speed advantage explains it, nothing too surprising really.

Wilhelm's friend, Grimm can also predict the future attacks, gives more credence to scaling him to Old Wilhelm at least maybe.

On to the more interesting stuff; Earth Worm mabeast can cause earthquakes, strong enough that it is a nuisance, since some kids went to try to stop it, but idk if that feat is usable since the worm was in the mountain beside the town, though again the whole town felt it, someone who knows about earthquake calcs would have to answer that.

The more usable feat would be the Worm making a large hole in the side of the mountain, which we have an illustration of, definitely need a calc for that, that species of worm shows up in ac 6 too, so would affect the whole verse if it's anything impressive, though i am doubting that.

Speaking of that worm it's said to be slippery and resistant to cuts, but Wilhelm with each strike, his attacks got more precise and intense, so he could cut it, again more accelerated development....

Halfway though Ex Novel 3.

Wilhelm defeated 40 elite knights, with none even getting a decent hit on him, skill + over 10x speed advantage explains it, nothing too surprising really.

Wilhelm's friend, Grimm can also predict the future attacks, gives more credence to scaling him to Old Wilhelm at least maybe.

On to the more interesting stuff; Earth Worm mabeast can cause earthquakes, strong enough that it is a nuisance, since some kids went to try to stop it, but idk if that feat is usable since the worm was in the mountain beside the town, though again the whole town felt it, someone who knows about earthquake calcs would have to answer that.

The more usable feat would be the Worm making a large hole in the side of the mountain, which we have an illustration of, definitely need a calc for that, that species of worm shows up in ac 6 too, so would affect the whole verse if it's anything impressive, though i am doubting that.

Speaking of that worm it's said to be slippery and resistant to cuts, but Wilhelm with each strike, his attacks got more precise and intense, so he could cut it, again more accelerated development....
Wilhelm just gets more op

also can we have a couple of more Tier 9 characters in ReZero, I really wanna try some match-ups

Honestly idk why you keep making matches with the profiles being outdated.

Nobody else here seems to cares for them, myself included, as it's just a distraction from actually fixing stuff.

But anyway you can keep doing what you want.

Idk which other tier 9 characters need to be made though, and i am debating downgrading Rom, Felt etc, since they scale to a feat which was in the WN, but not LN.

Could you send it to me, Cel? I might be able to work something out.
And Earthquake calcs are pretty easy, ngl. Although, if there isn't a stated size of the village, I can't work with it. kek.

Honestly idk why you keep making matches with the profiles being outdated.

Nobody else here seems to cares for them, myself included, as it's just a distraction from actually fixing stuff.
the point is to have fun afterall
But anyway you can keep doing what you want.

Idk which other tier 9 characters need to be made though, and i am debating downgrading Rom, Felt etc, since they scale to a feat which was in the WN, but not LN.
Felt being 7-B has never made sense to me since she is one of the few people Subaru can actually defeat

also what do you guys think about Ayanokouji vs Subaru, both in their 9-C key
Subaru stomps badly wtf is this match?

Even without Beatrice, there's no way around RBD.

Even without RBD, Subaru should win every time via Invisible Providence, significantly higher stamina, more range, blitz worthy speed with Whip, and danger sense.

@FantaRin_The_First This is the illustration of Wilhelm's squad standing on the worm after it made a hole in the mountains

Here is that scene

Grimm!”

At the very edges of the light, he saw Grimm at the dead end of the tunnel, both hands outstretched. As Wilhelm called his name, a question flitted through his mind. He didn’t see the boy whom he had entrusted to the shield bearer. Why were they at a dead end? Why had Grimm summoned him here? And why was he looking at him with such trust in his eyes—?

“——”

Wilhelm threw himself at Grimm, and both of them jumped to one side. The demon beast that had been chasing Wilhelm failed to follow them, and it slammed headfirst into the wall.

There was a great smash, and a burst of dust blasted Wilhelm and Grimm. The impact immediately collapsed the wall the creature had struck. There was yet another cave-in, the narrow tunnel filling with dirt. But that was not the biggest change. That distinction belonged to the thin ray of light filtering in through the shattered wall and ceiling.

“Zergev Squadron, full assault!!”

They heard a great bellow of an order, and then a furious clanging of swords. It was the sound of their comrades mercilessly attacking the Earth Snake, whose momentum had carried it clear out of the mountain.-Ex Novel 3, The Wedding Day

As for the earthquake, no there is no stated size of the town, just that the worm was causing earthquakes so some kids from the town came over to kill it

“Oh, we’re in the Lair of the Earth Snake… So this cave must be…” The boy understood from Wilhelm’s explanation where they were, and it frightened him terribly.

“You need to stay calm. You’re right, this is the cave they call the Lair of the Earth Snake. The entrance collapsed, and we’re looking for another way out… Why’d you come here anyway?”

“…The adults told us not to come in here.”

“Makes sense. They all but told us not to come in here.”

“But there have been so many earthquakes lately… My grandpa told me a story once. He said the honored Earth Snake that lives in the mountain causes earthquakes. So…”

The boy trailed off, but Wilhelm took his meaning. “You came to kill the Earth Snake. Awfully brave.”-Ex Novel 3, The Wedding Day

Subaru stomps badly wtf is this match?

Even without Beatrice, there's no way around RBD.

Even without RBD, Subaru should win every time via Invisible Providence, significantly higher stamina, more range, blitz worthy speed with Whip, and danger sense.
thats the thing, Ayanokouji has a higher AP, is faster and much more skilled

Arc 7 vs the Divine General who uses bugs right? Probably, but that's years off before it gets translated in LN form, so useless for now.

@FantaRin_The_First This is the illustration of Wilhelm's squad standing on the worm after it made a hole in the mountains

Here is that scene

As for the earthquake, no there is no stated size of the town, just that the worm was causing earthquakes so some kids from the town came over to kill it
Thx. And looking at it, ye... Won't get any decent results from it, so likely not worth calcing,

Thought so.

Also something just made me realize Sword Saint's ability to see white lines isn't precog, but info analysis. It's in a non combat/comedic setting, but it lines up when i thought about it.

Theresia can intuitively grasp her opponent’s most vulnerable point, it then occurred to me that seeing white lines which inevitably lead to victory/killing your opponent isn't pecog, makes more sense that she just knows her opponents weakest point.

Which means Wilhelm resists info analysis, since it didn't work on him.

At this point, what skill feat aren't these characters capable of. Heck even Ram while having no mana to strengthen herself, and thus just being an ordinary girl was able to dodge countless attacks from Garfiel via skill, and she isn't Theresia level, much less Reid or Reinhard.

Archbishops are haxy, but it's not absurd like having layers and layers of hax.

Like they do have a layer of hax ie Betelgeuse's hands being invisible to Julius who can detect invisible attacks, Sirius authority working on people who resist the Whale's mental attacks etc.

But that's all straight forward and not that surprising, Archbishops have op abilities that's their gimmick, meanwhile swordsman/martial artist are doing all this crazy stuff with no superpower, and somehow i keep finding more.

Archbishops are haxy, but it's not absurd like having layers and layers of hax.

Like they do have a layer of hax ie Betelgeuse's hands being invisible to Julius who can detect invisible attacks, Sirius authority working on people who resist the Whale's mental attacks etc.

But that's all straight forward and not that surprising, Archbishops have op abilities that's their gimmick, meanwhile swordsman/martial artist are doing all this crazy stuff with no superpower, and somehow i keep finding more.
So you’re telling me that Re:zero characters can legitimately be beyond RWBY characters in terms of skill overall?

Oh the match potentials……

Tappei is on a roll. Chapters daily, just like the start of Arc 7.

Having to split Arc 7 must have made him want to finish this part as fast as possible or something. Or maybe he's just very motivated. Either way, crazy the amount of quality this guy puts out on a daily basis...

The deadline for the next volume is approaching, so it makes sense that he's pumping them out so fast now. We're only on chapter 12 so we should still have atleast a few more chapters till hiatus. Don't see this arc being more than 5 volumes.

The recent chapters have been crazy good.

Tappei is on a roll. Chapters daily, just like the start of Arc 7.

Having to split Arc 7 must have made him want to finish this part as fast as possible or something. Or maybe he's just very motivated. Either way, crazy the amount of quality this guy puts out on a daily basis...
Tappei is back on the toilet, pumping out based chapter after chapter
I unironically love the Abel-Subaru dynamic so much

Btw Garfiel probably has feats of ripping apart trees right? Shouldn't that be used to upgrade his LS? Its obviously way too low

Average tree weighs somewhere between 1 to 5 tons, though larger trees are heavier, so no.

Also yes that Vincent and Subaru dialog was peak Re:Zero, I think overall this half of the arc, which is just arc 7 part 2, has been amazing, and potentially elevates the ranking of the arc, cause you can't separate the build up from the pay off.

I have finished Ex Novel 3, reading the Sword Demon Battle Ballard now, since it takes place directly after.

Roswaal almsot completely dodged Cecilus' attack when he came with the intention to kill, add onto this the fact that he can dodge Jiwald. Shouldn't he have higher speeds?

I haven’t followed RWBY since vol 5, what kinda skill feats does it have?
There’s a long skill chain and it from each Huntsmen being able to solo dozens of Grimm or enemies at once. That’s from the trailers before the series started. Then there’s Neo that curb stomps Yang in Vol 2 so that creates a big skill gap between her and everyone at Yang’s Vol 2 level. Actual professional Huntsmen like Raven sent Neo running afraid so that creates a gap there (or at least matches her).

So now you’ve got this “skill stomp” chain going on here to where when the characters early on match the later characters then they’re super skilled.

Oh and you’ve got Pyrrha who was a world champion before enrolling in Beacon and was named the “Invincible Girl”. So it’s mostly lots of chains from statements and youngster doing decent feats with characters above them skill stomping them.

Roswaal almsot completely dodged Cecilus' attack when he came with the intention to kill, add onto this the fact that he can dodge Jiwald. Shouldn't he have higher speeds?
Inconsistency.

Roswaal losses to Garfiel close range, Garfiel is supersonic. You see how ridiculous it gets? Let me put it another way; Roswaal is physically around Garfiel's level, but inferior, Garfiel is around Julius level, who got absolutely speed blitzed by Cecilius, while he was boosting himself while nerfing Cecilius, who wasn't even going his fastest, you really think Cecilius was going all out vs Roswaal?

Peak Wilhelm struggled against an Earth Worm, same species that shows up in arc 6, some caveats being Wil was in a cave with limited space, but if he was really like relativistic, thus 10000x faster, he would have all the time in the world to dodge instead of waiting until the last moment.

Young Wilhelm couldn't take on like 100's of fodder soldiers alone, despite supposedly being like a 10000xfaster; nobody reasonable would buy the argument that fodder from 40 years ago, are faster than the elites of the present day

There is no way to fit a square into a circle, you can't have Roswaal L or Ex Novel characters be relativistic, and then ignore the inconsistencies it creates.

Last edited:
To be fair, that is a common problem in fiction, like... There are plenty of verses out there that have supersonic, hypersonic, and beyond people who can dodge a shit-ton of things but have tons of speed anti-feats like failing to dodge bullets or attacks from people who should be much slower due to their story writers not really grasping the idea of the sheer bullshit that is speed or just outright ignoring it in order to make a story (sure there are exceptions to the norm regarding this topic, but details details)

The problem really is the glaring amount of supersonic statements, and how the scaling works, you can't just say these characters here are Relativistic, while those over there which in some ways scale to them, are Supersonic.

I think vol 20 boiled it down nicely, you need Reinhard level reflexes to dodge a light speed attack. The question then is simple, do you believe Roswaal or Wilhelm are as fast as Reid or Reinhard, the answer is obviously no.

So all the arguments about inconsistencies and what not i feel are now a waste of time.

Btw @FantaRin_The_First you know if we can calc cloud clearing with no visuals, cause the Battle Ballard has a feat of Wilhelm and Valgren clearing dark clouds.

Last edited:
Btw @FantaRin_The_First you know if we can calc cloud clearing with no visuals, cause the Battle Ballard has a feat of Wilhelm and Valgren clearing dark clouds.
Hmm... Did the cloud clearing take place outside in an open space? If it did I might be able to come up with something. Although, I must warn there is a chance that I might not be able to get something useable for a calc. Also, as per usual, can you give me a scan, Cel?

It's kinda early, the fight takes place later in the story, while what i got is basically a flash forward, that appears at the prologue. But yes based on my memory, Wilhelm fought Valgren outside in the air.

I just wanted to see if it was possible to calc.

The Sword Demon:「 GRAAAAAAAA—!!」

The Black Dragon:「 KRUUUUUUUAGH—!!」

In that moment, the roars of two shadows, cutting across the scorched crimson sky, collided.

Clashing head-on with the utterly enormous shadow, its wings unfurled, was an absolutely tiny one of a person. With no wings of its own, it kicked out at its opponent and sprung up into the air, raining countless beams of silver upon his enemy’s massive body.

However, its massive body swerved away with a flap of its wings, effortlessly grabbing up above its head, countering with its deadly claws.

Continuous were the sounds of blows clashing, the rain of destruction, the impacts which bid tears from the sky above, as dark clouds were torn asunder, giving birth to light.

Overwhelming. Truly overwhelming, was this peak of the sword, forever unparalleled, unreachable by anyone.

This spectacle was such where thinking there was no reaching that battlefield, dismissing it as the realms of transcendents, and resigning oneself to defeat were only natural.-The Sword Demon Battle Ballard, Prologue

As i said I haven't seen the full fight yet, since that's later on.

There’s a long skill chain and it from each Huntsmen being able to solo dozens of Grimm or enemies at once. That’s from the trailers before the series started. Then there’s Neo that curb stomps Yang in Vol 2 so that creates a big skill gap between her and everyone at Yang’s Vol 2 level. Actual professional Huntsmen like Raven sent Neo running afraid so that creates a gap there (or at least matches her).

So now you’ve got this “skill stomp” chain going on here to where when the characters early on match the later characters then they’re super skilled.

Oh and you’ve got Pyrrha who was a world champion before enrolling in Beacon and was named the “Invincible Girl”. So it’s mostly lots of chains from statements and youngster doing decent feats with characters above them skill stomping them.
So yeah, not actually that skilled, just a large "skill chain" that's probably just people being stronger and faster than others. (Though people like to say such is "skill" for some reason)

Also tangible skill feats >>>>>> skill chain scaling.

R:Z characters easily have better feats.

The problem really is the glaring amount of supersonic statements, and how the scaling works, you can't just say these characters here are Relativistic, while those over there which in some ways scale to them, are Supersonic.

I think vol 20 boiled it down nicely, you need Reinhard level reflexes to dodge a light speed attack. The question then is simple, do you believe Roswaal or Wilhelm are as fast as Reid or Reinhard, the answer is obviously no.

So all the arguments about inconsistencies and what not i feel are now a waste of time.

If inverse statements dont make any sense in comparison to the showcased feats I believe it that we can take feats over the statements.

For example, in JJk, the manga constantly mentioned characters top speeds being like Mach 3, or things like Mach 1 being almost undodgeable. Yet there's so many feats that are just blatantly beyond that level that they are hard to believe.

Thus, in this wiki they take calcs and feats over the statements.

Back