• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

real quick dragon ball thing

I'm with Luffy, so many details given by Akira and by the map are enough, to refute that it is not to scale is like saying "Shut up, you don't know if I do" even though the creator himself gave the guide a 👍

This is, to date, the stupidest argument I have ever seen in a Dragon Ball thread, by far.

This is not a discussion about whether or not the maps are to scale, or about whether or not Hell is bigger than Heaven, or about how many planets with mortal life exist in the universe (which, according to the Supreme Kai is 27), or about how whenever Heaven is shown on-screen, there are very few spirits in the background. This is a discussion about the fact that there is a note on the Dragon Ball page that draws from non-canon and out-of-continuity sources.

This is a simple notion.

Keep quiet, Toby, and get the stick out. Everybody else, get back on subject.

I don't understand why or how every single CRT that this verse generates gets hanged, drawn, and quartered ad infinitum without failure, but it has to end. Stop getting defensive over the littlest things, stop changing the subject, quit it with the whataboutism, and quit it with the map that Toriyama drew because he also depicted Snake Way as extending across the entire Other World parallel to Hell.

"I agree with the removal of non-applicable information from the verse page" or "I disagree with the removal of non-applicable information from the verse page, because I believe everything from the Daizenshuu 7 is applicable to every continuity."

I don't understand why or how every single CRT that this verse generates gets hanged, drawn, and quartered ad infinitum without failure, but it has to end. Stop getting defensive over the littlest things, stop changing the subject
Hard agree on this, i've noticed this trend lately and it's making DB CRTs really tedious to discuss. It's almost like some users don't want the verse's cosmology to be accurate.

The size of hell doesn't really need to be stated, as on the map it shows exactly how big it is, below it shows the Universe according to the map and Hell covers all around the Universe in a ball shape, and the same map has not changed for Dragon Ball Super, being used the same, so hell is Universal size, just do the calculation and such

Right here you can see that hell is circled in red, to highlight, note that its size is just like the Universe and if not even bigger than it.
I personally think that to calculate the Dome, the entire edge of the circle. But what's in it? No. Even though you show that the map also appears in the manga, why should we believe it's on the right scale?

If we were to calculate like this, the universe would be very small because of the serpent's path, since it is 1 million kilometers from what I remember.

Can we say the same for paradise, where there are countless people who die and are born, in addition to not just humans, but aliens, and others, I think with me, how will a planet fit billions or even more souls?

Said right here where all living beings go there, it is necessary to be the size of the Universe to fit so many people
Did you know that all the volume of mankind would not fill not even a fraction of the Grand Canyon?

We have no information on how many planets with notorious life exist in the universe nor the number of people on each planet, saying that the sky should be universal is just assumptions because in volume, even billions of people is little for Earth.

------------------------------------------
For the rest, the quote about the sky being as big as the universe is just anime.

And when Daizenshuu mentions it, it specifically puts "Anime:" at the beginning.

And from what I'm seeing in Daizenshuu 7 here, all the things that only happen in Anime. Even when it's quoted about the Airport to Heaven, it's quoted in the part "Anime:" the movie of the gogeta, the rebirth of fusion.

Interesting that things that start with "Events:" are things that happen in the manga, and things that start with "Anime:" are just things that happen in the anime.

If we're going to consider this "Anime:" section to be canon for the manga, information coming from things like Gogeta's movie would also be canon for the manga.

I remember there's a context behind it, and there's not only 28 planets, but there's more than that. It must be referring to strong characters for the tournament, anyway send me the number of the episode for me to see something, maybe not as you say.
DBS Episode 83. It's saying that there's only 28 planets with life in general, not just specifically with strong warriors.
EWVx3ZJXkAA2lAU.png

maxresdefault.png

I would like to know your opinion, because in every demotion over DB you enter as if you were the flash and then disappear as such, you need to show arguments to vote first, and do not vote out of pure hate.
What? No one's arguing out of "pure hate" 🗿

Anyway, I don't feel the need to give extensive argumentation here, as this is simply a matter of the main canon using information from a separate continuity. This CRT is straightforward.

In short: no.

Anyway, I don't feel the need to give extensive argumentation here, as this is simply a matter of the main canon using information from a separate continuity. This CRT is straightforward.
I'd like to know what you think about what I said if it's not too much trouble.

For the rest, the quote about the sky being as big as the universe is just anime.

And when Daizenshuu mentions it, it specifically puts "Anime:" at the beginning.

And from what I'm seeing in Daizenshuu 7 here, all the things that only happen in Anime. Even when it's quoted about the Airport to Heaven, it's quoted in the part "Anime:" the movie of the gogeta, the rebirth of fusion.

Interesting that things that start with "Events:" are things that happen in the manga, and things that start with "Anime:" are just things that happen in the anime.

If we're going to consider this "Anime:" section to be canon for the manga, information coming from things like Gogeta's movie would also be canon for the manga.

I agree with limiting tidbits from Daizenshuu 7 that specifically refer to the TV anime to the Toei continuity.

10 minutes? No can do, can you summarize what his point is?

Tldr the fact freiza planet 400+ revolted against freiza from RoF exists and the fact the Galactic Patrol exists and is wide spread and the fact freiza still has customers to sell planet's to means there is more then 28 planet's
That can mean there are just 28 planets that had been left who has mortals on them and rest has been either destroyed or are lifeless.

Tldr the fact freiza planet 400+ revolted against freiza from RoF exists and the fact the Galactic Patrol exists and is wide spread and the fact freiza still has customers to sell planet's to means there is more then 28 planet's
Well of course there are more than 28 planets in general, the galaxy alone should have thousands of planetary systems.

But in terms of how many planets are inhabited / have life, there are 28.

(Btw, the line about Frieza Planet 400+ revolting against Frieza is exclusive to the Resurrection ‘F’ movie, not really applicable to Super)

I don't know about Heaven being larger than the living Universe but the entire afterlife is considered larger; and more or less Hell is still universe sized at least.
Forgot to count, Meudeus

I agree. Personally, I already have problems with the anime statements in the Buu saga and find the new 3-B upgrades kinda crazy, but that's irrelevant. The point is that all the sources supposedly stating the size of the universe come from the anime, not the main manga. We've very clearly seen how the anime diverted from the manga in terms of the afterlife. In the anime, Hell is ruled by ogres and all the main villains of the series can easily break out, requiring powerful fighters like Pikkon to rein them in, and Frieza was seen among the villains in hell. In the manga, Hell works very differently: Frieza is hung from a tree and tortured by cute, dancing angels. He has no knowledge of Goku defeating Buu despite supposedly seeing the battle with the other villains from Hell himself. This shows, one, how the DBS anime ignored the DBZ filler, and two, how the afterlife varies in the manga as well. Therefore, we can also assume that the sizes of Heaven and Hell are different as well.

Well of course there are more than 28 planets in general, the galaxy alone should have thousands of planetary systems.

But in terms of how many planets are inhabited / have life, there are 28.

(Btw, the line about Frieza Planet 400+ revolting against Frieza is exclusive to the Resurrection ‘F’ movie, not really applicable to Super)

I'm more of the opinion that Shin is just an idiot and incompetent at his job, even if he's well-meaning. He nearly botched the Buu crisis and didn't do anything to stop Frieza, either. For god's sake, he didn't even know about Zeno, the freaking ruler of the 12 universes, so I'd take his word about intelligent life in Universe 7 with a grain of salt.

Anyway, considering this has been accepted by an overwhelming majority (including 3 staff members), is anyone willing to edit the verse page accordingly?

I'm more of the opinion that Shin is just an idiot and incompetent at his job, even if he's well-meaning. He nearly botched the Buu crisis and didn't do anything to stop Frieza, either. For god's sake, he didn't even know about Zeno, the freaking ruler of the 12 universes, so I'd take his word about intelligent life in Universe 7 with a grain of salt.
I mean, he and his predecessors are directly responsible for the existence of those planets. While shin is kinda dumb, this is the ONLY thing he should know, if anything.

I mean, he and his predecessors are directly responsible for the existence of those planets. While shin is kinda dumb, this is the ONLY thing he should know, if anything.
I still don't trust it, especially since we've seen so many unique species as part of the Frieza Force, which would definitely take more than 28 planets with intelligent life. I'm sure that eventually, the statement's gonna be retconned.

I still don't trust it, especially since we've seen so many unique species as part of the Frieza Force, which would definitely take more than 28 planets with intelligent life. I'm sure that eventually, the statement's gonna be retconned.
or most of them come from the same planets

Back